Augmented limbs maintenance

Le gob

The rulebook says maintenance for a limb is 3-4 scrips a month but Soulstone dust alone costs 5 scrip in the book.
The book p244 says if you have Artefacting and the Animate limb spell, maintenance becomes cheap and simple.

Could we get some more detailed prices? 

What would the maintenance cost be if you only have Artefacting?
If you have the spell, but not Artefacting?
If you have both but no soulstone dust?

I totally get that the rules magic is bad, don't flaunt soulstones.  But why add soulstome items them as treasures?  And why even have magic and soulstones?  Hey the rules even say that Grimoire finds are common!  I just don't get the concept of give and  not use.

Hey lets all play tennis with the rules saying you can't use rackets?  LOL

Use smarter, not harder

Good life lesson.  No one will give you much mind if you use Soulstones... just Don't FLAUNT using or having them.  It is not like you have to hold them up and shout "SOULSTONE!  GIVE ME A MASK!" to use it.  You keep them in a secret pocket or some other clever way to carry them about and likely everything will be fine unless you let someone strip search you.

As for maintenance that was something I noticed as well.  As a Fatemaster I would likely rule like this; If you go in to get your arm or leg worked on every month they will charge you the 3-4 scrip depending on where you go, how much wear you did on it, and what sort of limb you got.  If you are doing it yourself with magic and artifacting I would say unless your arm gets damaged you might be able to do it for a scrip or less *you just needed to clean a few spots, tighten it, and maybe replace a small piece*.  If you have the spell and no artifacting I would say likely a scrip, maybe two, a month as you don't need the dust unless again you put more ware on the piece *Been climbing mountains hanging by that arm, using it to keep that monster from biting your head off, or have you been just using it to pick your nose?*.  They could try to grill you a bit for the full amount but you always have the choice of hunting down someone that knows how to clean and fix but lacks the dust *bribe an apprentice or student*.  Now if you have the skill to fix it but no spell or dust yourself I imagine they are going to get their 3 scrip out of you cause they have you over some coals a bit.  You cannot keep it animated yourself so eventually no matter how skilled you are at cleaning and fixing it, you got to have someone else touch it.  You could go buy dust for 5 scrip through channels but they likely have some sort of bulk deal thus can get dust cheaper.  So you can let them do their song and dance, charge you 3 scrip, and get the dust as well.

• Like 1