try list with shen long

Sir trollolas

Does this list looks any good for you? Do you think is playable? How I can make it better?

50 SS Ten Thunders Crew
Shenlong + 2 Pool
- Wandering River Style (2)
- Words On The River (1)
- On Wings Of Wind (2)
Peasant (2)
Sensei Yu (9)
- Promising Disciple (2)
Yasunori (12)
- Smoke Grenades (1)
Katanaka Sniper (7)
Katanaka Sniper (7)
Terracotta Warrior (5)

I'd remove On Wings of Wind, since Shenlong will both be using his own 0 actions constantly and pushing more than enough for that upgrade to have any use, and Words On the River since you want to hold onto any burning or poison you might get. 

And for those upgrades and Sensei Yu you can get the Shadow Emissary and a Low River Monk, allowing you to draw three extra cards a turn and giving you another decent threat source+buffs to focussed shots. Yu is good but he's ultimately just more of Shenlong while the Emissary broadens your toolbox a bit.

Two Snipers can be fine but you might want a similarly costed model to swap one into depending on the terrain/schemes/etc. Illuminated are great and sturdy close combat models in that price range, TTB are naturally always welcome letting you increase your pool/attach another upgrade, a Clockwork Trapper if you need to fill the field but also want that From the Shadows for scheming. When they come out the Lotus Eaters or Charm Warders can be decent techs. Again Snipers are good but at 2 you're leaving the rest of your team to carry a lot of the burden. Which, with Yasunori, Shenlong and possibly the Emissary is hardly a stellar body. Still workable, but not something to put in your core.

• Like 1

What is it for? It'll do a lot better in killy strats & scheme pools (think Reckoning with Hunting Party or something) than in a schemey spready outy type pool (Reconnoiter with all interacty schemes for example).

My general thoughts are that you only have 7 activations (8 after your first turn summon) which is pretty low and you may well succumb to an alpha strike. The other one is that you have a lot of hard hitters but no real dedicated schemers. Sensei Yu is a pretty good interacty model with his Calm Air Thunderous Voice ability, but he's so useful elsewhere that I'd be wary of using him as your only source of schemes. Two snipers seems a little redundant to me so I would probably try to solve the problem by dropping Words on the River, On Wings of Wind and one Sniper and replacing them with two 5 stone models, or keep one of the upgrades and bring a 5 and a 4 stone or two 4 stones. Good choices imo are the Shadow Effigy, Ten Thunders Brothers and Low River Monks. I'm also quite fond of a single Wastrel as a filler model but they are very slow so probably not so useful when you want them for scheming potential.

And Tokapondora's analysis is pretty good too. The Emissary is absolutely fantastic and it + LRM with Shenlong has a silly card draw trick that they alluded to: the Low River Monk stands near Shenlong and the Emissary and activates early. It uses its (0) action to Focus, since Shenlong lets you focus for a (0). This gives them Focus +2 because they gain an extra focus when they first take the focus action. Then they spend 1 AP to focus to bring it up to Focus +3, and they're free to use their second AP to do whatever they want with their turn (probably walking to keep up, or using their heal). Then the Emissary activates and uses the (0) granted from Shenlong's conflux to end a condition on the Low River Monk and draw a number of cards equal to that condition's value. You end Focus and draw 3 cards.

• Like 1

Well, Shen pushes plenty already and the Emissary also has a push (that admittedly only works on Yasunori, but). Beyond that, with the Emissary and the LRM you have 9 activations total, which is always good, you have a near guaranteed 3 cards a turn if you want them, and you can give all focussed shots blast which any Shenlong crew will welcome with open arms. Now the biggest seller here is 3 cards a turn (LRM focusses twice for focus+3>Emissary's 0). Add to that him having a 2/3/6 on focus+2, blast everywhere and he's a decent fighter compared to Yu, giving you three fighters in the thick of it rather than leaving Shen and Yasu to carry all that weight.

50 SS Ten Thunders Crew
Shenlong + 2 Pool
 - Wandering River Style (2)
 - On Wings Of Wind (2)
Peasant (2)
Yasunori (12)
 - Smoke Grenades (1)
Shadow Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of The Dawn (0)
Katanaka Sniper (7)
Terracotta Warrior (5)
Ten Thunders Brother (5)
Monk Of Low River (4)

so this will be the list? is a single katanaka sniper fine? and i do have a good combact phase just with yasunori?
and last question on shadow emissary .. if he does Dragon's breath the one that give blast to the focused attacks.. as to be the enemy in 10" or the one that benefits of the focus?

Again, On Wings of Wind of all upgrades has no place on Shenlong. He can't spare the 0's and doesn't need the pushes. Those SS would be much better spent on just about anything including cache. Depending on the game I'd swap either the Terracotta Warrior or the TTB for an Illuminated, who provides a sturdy and cheap beater to supplement Yasunori doing his fighty thing, with the Emissary and possibly Shen as back up. I would've ideally gone for an 8 SS beater but with Yasunori you'll struggle to make room for that, so the Illuminated should do brilliantly.

As for Dragon's Breath, it triggers on the enemies hit by a focus attack. 

• Like 1

That's very scheme pool dependant. Wandering River Monk especially is either pure gold or dead weight. I'd leave him out of an all comer's list if that's what you're building.

Never used Fermented Monks, though on paper they don't look so hot so I haven't bothered buying/proxying them in the first place. Thunder Archers... honestly I think they're pretty garbage. I love the figures and I push myself to use them every once in a while if I get a super casual game in but... just not impressed.

Sniper is good. Just that two snipers in an all comer's list is pretty heavy handed. I'd rather replace it with something else, maybe Thunder Brother and few SS to use on cache/upgrades. Or maybe a Rail Worker or Mr. Graves or Samurai or... lots of models in this vague price range. Something that'll help you scheme or beat more.

I guess you could run with two snipers and see how you feel about them. They're not bad.

You could always hand Shenlong Misdirection - it lets you plant him somewhere in a more battle-y position. Personally I've never been big on fighty-shen but if you'd like an extra brawler he'll do okay. There's not many other sturdy enough units to replace the Illuminated in that role really. Perhaps Komainu. But with 12 SS you can really just mix and match between two models and an upgrade depending on what you're encountering. If you feel there's plenty of firing lanes or vantage points an extra Sniper should do perfectly, if you need the Wandering Monks' scheming they'll shine, for scheming in close corners you'd be happy with the TTB/T-warriors... Just leave it open for some situational swapping.

• Like 1