What are the most efficient ways to kill one of your own Guilty on turn one?

apes-ma

I am trying to think of a way to leverage Growing Injustice to attach Suffocating Injustice to Jack at the start of the game by killing a friendly Guilty. Suffocating Injustice is a brutal curse, and I think access to it without spending 10SS on the Emissary is pretty good, but also pretty hard to do. The other thing is that I don't THINK that it's totally stupid to kill your own 5SS minion to attach it, since later that same turn or early turn two Jack will hopefully be killing something, and can ditch a less useful curse to re-summon the Guilty, ideally in a more useful part of the board - essentially just teleporting The Guilty. For example, once Suffocating Injustice is in play there are two curses that increase damage, and perhaps ditching Firing Squad is OK? Or Guillotine Injustice might not look necessary and can go? Then Jack will still have 3 curses, one of which is the nasty Suffocating Injustice.

The problem is Guilty are Df6, 6Wd and Hard to Kill, which makes removing them effectively pretty hard! The best I can see at the moment is to take Marlena Webster (which seems like a good take for beater Jack anyway) and use her first two AP to score two moderates against the Guilty (ignoring Hard to Kill). Alternatively the Emissary could put Monkey's Paw on the Guilty to get rid of it, but then the Emissary would be hired and Suffocating Injustice is likely already in play... Anything with a 5 on it's damage track could kill one with 2AP, or two models could share the burden with a walk and a "hit the guilty" AP each. The problem is the Hard to Kill. The advantage of using Marlena is that a) she will be able to use the 2AP to kill the Guilty and still put up the protection on Jack, and b ) that she won't want to be coming to the front lines anyway, so the lack of walking turn one might not be too bad. I feel like this whole idea is PROBABLY not efficient enough to be anything other than a cute interaction, but I was wondering if there is anything I have missed?! 

Poison and Burning are good ways around Hard to kill. Nurse is not a bad model to spend a second AP on getting the poison to get the kill. 

Use the guilty to attack Bishop and make sure it misses. Won't kill the guilty, but it does lower its wounds without "wasting" ap. 

Desolation engine can just use it to heal I think

37 minutes ago, Azrrael said:

Because growing injustice does not specifically say ignoring restrictions I do not think that jack can attach the upgrade. This is due to the fact the emissary of fate restriction is still on it. However much I wish this was true.  

Oh noooo! I think you're right! Well... That was fun while it lasted... I wonder if it's still worth it to get the guilty into play faster. But I really doubt it! And @DXXXVIII, I should have thought of that, but jack's ap are quite useful turn one... Looks like it doesn't matter anyway!

13 hours ago, Azrrael said:

Because growing injustice does not specifically say ignoring restrictions I do not think that jack can attach the upgrade. This is due to the fact the emissary of fate restriction is still on it. However much I wish this was true.  

According to the FAQ (question 38) restrictions only apply when hiring crews, and when attaching upgrades during the game you ignore all restrictions that are not mentioned in the action/abillity that is used to attach the upgrade.

1 hour ago, Axelst said:

According to the FAQ (question 38) restrictions only apply when hiring crews, and when attaching upgrades during the game you ignore all restrictions that are not mentioned in the action/abillity that is used to attach the upgrade.

So... I CAN attach Suffocating Injustice using Growing Injustice?! Excellent! Back to the plan!

It DOES seem like the best way to do this is to use one of Jack's AP to attach Drowning Injustice to The Guilty on turn one. Or at least, it's the most AP efficient way. I was thinking, then, that something like Jack + Growing Injustice + The Bigger They Are + Drowning Injustice, and then either the other two Injustices, or Oathkeeper (swapping out Guillotine, I think) seems like a good starting point. I think whether or not to take Oathkeeper will depend on the board, the opposing faction and strats/schemes. If the crew wants to spread out, or Jack wants to hunt things down, then I think you take the Oathkeeper. Otherwise I think another injustice is nice just as something to ditch to re-summon the Guilty. In fact, I think this plan is much weaker (and there's a strong chance it's weak already...) without taking all 3 injustices, since the extra one lets you ditch it to summon a new Guilty, and get back the 5SS you essentially paid for suffocating injustice...

2 minutes ago, FinalForm said:

I'm not really into Jack Doe... so why do you need to kill your own model?

Why not? Everyone needs a hobby. 

I think one of Jack's New upgrades lets him gain a cursed upgrade when a friendly Guilty is killed, or something like that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FinalForm said:

I'm not really into Jack Doe... so why do you need to kill your own model?

Long answer: One of his new upgrades gives him two abilities - the first one lets you attach a curse from outside the game to Jack when a Guilty is killed or sacrificed, and the second lets you remove a curse from the game that was attached to an enemy model when it was killed to summon a Guilty. The thing is, the Hodegepodge Emissary gets access to a VERY good curse, and this new upgrade lets you attach it to Jack when a Guilty is killed or sacrificed - so that's why! I don't think it's really a GOOD strategy, but it seems fun, and the emissary curse is really nasty...

Short answer: What @Adran said.