Katanaka Crime Boss - Suggestions

Misery Rex

The Katanaka Crime Bosses look like solid models but there is a lot of competition in the 10T in that same 7-9 price range.  Obviously solid tanks but what crews and masters does everyone think they would work best with.  They look really cool, both visually and mechanically, but I am not sure how they actually perform and where they would fit best.

I´ve run a Crime Boss against Ressers and Arcanists. I liked him.

Shoved him into a Group of models and activated Thunders Territory while also presented other threats (Huggy). This way your Opponent needs to choose if he hits your boss or something else.

The Boss netted me a nice couple of Cards while meanwhile can reliable dispatch minions.

Am I right that the Crime Boss could also ignore Incorporeal against fragile models?

8 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

What's the wording? Incorporeal is a form of damage reduction and if Crime Boss gets to ignore damage reduction then it can punch through incorporeal.

The wording:

If the target has the Fragile Condition, damage from this Action cannot be reduced.

and the important part of Incorporeal is "Reduce all damage from Sh and Ml Attack Actions by half."

On 04/09/2017 at 10:21 AM, Da Git said:

I would either run them in pairs or with something to give one Fast to make the most of A Lesson you won't soon forget. One attack after that, probably isn't worth it. 

I'm thinking they go well paired with Misaki's thunder. Add fragile to high wound enemy, and have Misaki concentrate her attacks on that. Between being able to cheat regardless, and a positive flip for damage, it would help maximise the number of blast markers. To go all out, burn recalled training and have the emissary nearby handing out extra blasts and AP.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

For those who haven't noticed these synergies [and I didn't come up with them] a wokou raider hitting anything will get their tome trigger to place an enemy scheme marker in 3". The crime boss can turn this into a card. Also, a mighty gust move up to 3 enemy scheme markers and turn them into a 3 cards. Then if you stack them, remove them all with a 1 interact.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2017 at 3:25 AM, bindi said:

For those who haven't noticed these synergies [and I didn't come up with them] a wokou raider hitting anything will get their tome trigger to place an enemy scheme marker in 3". The crime boss can turn this into a card. Also, a mighty gust move up to 3 enemy scheme markers and turn them into a 3 cards. Then if you stack them, remove them all with a 1 interact.

Don't forget that for a zero a Wokou can move a scheme marker. So move the enemy scheme marker (it gets placed) and you can draw another card thanks to the Crime boss aura.

I think Laugh off really helps with Guard the Stash as Lure/pushes are a key method by which opponents will try to deny strategy points.