Lay eggs v.s. My Little Helper...

OracleToronto

So I have been experimenting with many different Beasts with McMourning's new upgrade ... it's a lot of fun and the added heal 1 within 8" bubble plays a huge factor. My questions was if the Spawn Mother action "Lay Eggs" is a "0" action and it says it can only be taken Once per turn but the wording of My Little Helper upgrade states that the same "0" action may be taken a second time in the turn it's used ... which rule trumps the other? 

I'm guessing the more harsh wording of the Lay Eggs action wins out because it seems less "fuzzy" in wording but someone once told me "newer rules almost always beat out older rules" 

I'm fairly sure an Action which says this can only be done once per turn trumps you being able to take a second 0 action.

Who ever told you newer rules trump older rules is wrong. Although newer rules should be written with older rules as a consideration, there should be no need to know the order models were released in. The wording on Spawn mother was probably put there to stop you getting 2 eggs even if you "reactivate" (or more probably Alpha) the spawn mother for a second activation. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...