Monthly painting challenge 2017 -- September

prof_bycid

I have been quiet this month, but quietly (and slowly) working on my pledges.

Here is a WIP of the Centaur!
medium.59c91167097a1_centaurWIP.JPG.fc56

I have also jumped in on the Iron Painter contest. Is it cool if I use my Iron Painter models as pledges for the last couple months?1 (since this Monthly gig is not sponsored and has no prize payout, I see no issue) I may still paint bonus models for this, depending on how many SS I paint for Iron Painter...

This is what I am working on for Iron Painter: The theme is OSL. The Magic overhead will be a rainbow (aggressive, but I think I can pull it off)

medium.59c1e1bbe3614_IronPainterR1OSL.JP

large.59c903b5b5e57_ColetteOzWIP.JPG.b37

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Shock & Awe said:

Man, those are amazing!  Excellent work.  I am going to be painting the corrupted hounds next month so I may have to ask how you did that with the glazes! 

Thanks, I was really happy with the result. Yeah, it will definitely fit for the corrupt hounds. If you're giving it a go and need advice I'd be happy to explain in more detail how I did it.

Sneak preview: a lot of colors (brown, red, purple, green) and different layers went into the fur. Not that much work, but drying times means you have to do something else/paint something else :).

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Joachim said:

Thanks, I was really happy with the result. Yeah, it will definitely fit for the corrupt hounds. If you're giving it a go and need advice I'd be happy to explain in more detail how I did it.

Sneak preview: a lot of colors (brown, red, purple, green) and different layers went into the fur. Not that much work, but drying times means you have to do something else/paint something else :).

Yes, I really do want to give it a go.  I’ll be placing the order for them on the first, so when I get them I’ll harass you again!

• Like 1

Alright, I did not finish much, but enough, for a total of 18 SS:
- The Gorar - 3 SS
- Tara (Nightmare Ed.) - 15 SS (I'm not happy with the glow on the base, but I can't figure it out now. Might rebase her in the future at some point, but for now I'm fine with it like that.)

euWUCUU.jpg

The good news is, that I got a head start on a lot of other minis. Which might come in handy, because I'll be on vacation the 2nd half of october. I even got to paint the feet area of Aeslin. What a pain to paint that, so many hard to reach areas. But now it's on its base and progress should come easier, I hope.

• Like 5

This month I wound up painting:

• Hodgepodge Emissary (10)
  • The 3 Autumn Knights (21)
  • Aeslin (9)
  • Gorar (3)
  • 2 Monks of Low River (8)
  • 2 Akaname (8) (1 painted to be the TRASH MAN aka frank from always sunny)
  • Yin (8)
  • 3 Terracotta Warriors (15)
  • 3 Sanctioned Spellcasters (15) painted to be Tellah, Palom, and Porom from final fantasy ii/iv

for a total of... 97 if my math is right.

Pics in my album: 

• Like 3

Would have had these up before the buzzer but I was having issues uploading them last night.

Final tally for September: one Grootslang Xenomorph (6ss), one modified Rougarou (8ss), and three COMPLETELY NORMAL TREES that are in no way living and angry at people (18ss). Grand total of 32ss.

Didn't quiiiite get Titania and Barbaros done in time, they'll be finished up for October)

large.20171001_082343.jpg.8cf6ade05e9769d8f46810ed420e07a7.jpglarge.20171001_082439.jpg.4623a9e785bb395ec026e86b8c6ea138.jpglarge.20171001_082619.jpg.f6fea56a8f4d794f229eba33efce3dc6.jpglarge.20171001_082520.jpg.60bcf8d3b8aade618e6f9ebf88f0cb60.jpg

• Like 6