Ortega and Criid can survive in GG18?

Fazza92

8 minutes ago, Legislat said:

I am not so sure. Is there a clarification anywhere?

It hasn't been spelled out too clearly, no.

However, I believe the exact wording on Sonnia's new upgrade goes "After an enemy model is killed while it has the Burning Condition...". (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

The model doesn't have a burning condition while it is killed if it gets the burning from after damaging trigger.

• Like 1

Sonnias totem summoning works the same as herwitchlin summoning

68. If a model has an “After Damaging” Trigger which allows it to push/move and it kills a model with
Explosive Demise, can it use its Trigger to push/move away from the model it killed before taking
damage from Explosive Demise?
No. Explosive Demise happens when the model is killed, which would be during Step 5 of the duel process
(Determine Success, Core Rulebook pg. 33) and After Damaging Triggers occur after Step 5 (Core Rulebook
pg. 32).

FAQ 67 tells us that "when a model is killed" happens before an "after a model is killed" ability

FAQ 88 tells use that when a model is reduced to 0 wounds is the same time as when a model is killed as far as timing steps And both happen as part of step 5 resolve results, where the burning will be applied after step 5. 

Seems like the same timing as the witchlings. No model was killed while burning, the burning was put there after the model went dead but before it was removed. It's still nice to summon without LoS and stuff. The stuff you hit with the blasts rarely die in my experience so the second attack should have plenty of burning targets to summon from.

40 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

How much work is the chain activating ability doing for people?  I only used it once, but I love it with Nurse HB to throw her way forward to nail the alfalfa strike.  

Can you explain in more depth what exactly are you doing with her? Hit, (0), hit again, than chain? Is chain activation worth it so much? Just that Frank with Hermanos is doing pretty ok in moving her forward

What I like to do is use frank with hermanos to move Sonnia up, and then get frank out of the way.  If I can get the crows, I can charge Sonnia with HB charging 2 inches past, double pushing so send sonnia flying really far up the board, as long as my placement on the first set of pushes keeps Sonnia in range for the second hit.  Obviously, if I don't have the crows or topdeck a crow for the first hit, I will just send Sonnia up on the first one, which will still put her almost 11 " up.   

I don't think I would spend for the third push, unless I was planning some kind of Sonnia suicide run with inferno.