Ortega and Criid can survive in GG18?

Fazza92

Hi all,

we've seen that Hoffman and Douglas have received 2 new great upgrades,that put them in a new way of competition,very good compared to the past.

Nellie and Mccabe are good to all.Like past year.

But Sonnia e Perdita?They have received good upgrades,but not so good like others masters I Think,even Justice now seem very good with improved mobility e survivalist.

how you see ours 2 gunner ladies?

Perdita with a chance to draw a card per turn seems good,but use 1Ap to remove markers isn't very good for she in my opinion...

Sonnia idem...ok is good chain active models...but she continue to require too much resources to work good...

The new strats don't punish ranged models like for example headhunter did so I think they will both get a lot more done. A lot of the reason they weren't popular in gg-17 was how the strats and common schemes worked with frame for murder showing up often. If shooting the crap out of the opposition comes back in style I think they might stand a decent chance.

No more masks making Sonnia capable in melee doesn't seem big but I think it lessens the need to always take the same support kit for her and play around a little more. She should now bail herself out decently by either killing or pushing the opponent so she's harder to lock down. She might not become as powerful as Sandeep or Nellie but you can't have everything and I think she will have a lot more viable pools. Franc her up, polish up her df with confiscated lore and do Decay each turn while blasting shit in Public executions. If she's at df 8 with a possible def stance she can probably handle some incoming beaters. If they are def 5 or lower she can poke them once to push them out of engagement and blast for the two remaining ap.

18 minutes ago, Rostislav said:

Sonnia kills. If your opponent has no models, he can't get points =)

Also, her new upgrade, which allows her to summon a totem is great.

Resummoning the totem might actually become a big thing if you can use it in the right way. I'm not sure if it's free or requires resources since I onl have the writeups to go from but just the dampening ability on the totem can make a difference.

You might use cheaper ap to kill it just to get burning on an enemy and then instantly resummon the totem :)

6 minutes ago, Rostislav said:

Free. No resourses. No LOS needed.

If enemy model with burning dies, you can summon a totem.

LoS is needed for every action or ability that summons so you'll need LoS to where you summon it. But if the chain activation isn't within the normal 6" are that should still mess with people. Sonnia is also massively hampered by enemies who stone to give her negatives on damage which the totem solves nicely.

Everybody is at the other side of the wall? totem walks to the wall. Sonnia chain activates. Blasts of her own totem with a tome. Everybody is on fire now and a new totem will be born soon. Chain activation is a bag of tricks to Sonnia. If only watchers were witch hunters...

• Like 1

I'm actually eyeing up perdita tonight for a game with the 2018 schemes.  its got the new FFM, leave your mark, collect evidence and buried treasure, with ply for information.

I'm thinking with Jury and the ability to shoot scheme markers I am going to play her for control.  mostly pacifist.  (still taking her killing upgrade too).  To do with that I am bringing a bunch of family and nino, but I intend to place in a way that mainly aims at protecting Nino and lets abuela and the monster hunters do most of the killing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Legislat said:

Everybody is at the other side of the wall? totem walks to the wall. Sonnia chain activates. Blasts of her own totem with a tome. Everybody is on fire now and a new totem will be born soon. Chain activation is a bag of tricks to Sonnia. If only watchers were witch hunters...

Chain activation with nurse HB gives serious threat range too that they have to worry about.  Its not like she won't heal it back from the brutal.

1 minute ago, Legislat said:

You still need LOS and range for chain activation.