Dear Wyrd, New Master Models Please?

Palooka

Hi Wyrd!

To all of you lovely people out there in Wyrd land, from @Nathan Caroland to @Aaron - are we going to see new Master models to go with all of the Wave 5 upgrades? I would eat my boots, and pay a reasonable fee for a new Master model for pretty much every master I own. And I every master for 3 factions. I know I'm not alone here. Please?

Allan.

• Like 4

I honestly would be pretty surprised if we don't get new minis for most of the masters at this point. In fact, I honestly thought (hoped, I should say) this new book would have master upgrades, a FEW new models, and then the actual product release would be new sculpts, maybe even entire new box sets, for many of the new masters to show their progression in the story.

• Like 2

For the same reason you cannot buy trappers, watchers, librarians, Langston or any henchman that comes in a master kit separately. Wyrd tries to keep the number of kits low so stores can keep most of the line in stock. The models above along with henchmen like Philip, Francisco, Francois, Trixie, Phiona and several others would probably sell really well because they are good in a lot of crews so it isn't enough that they know a model would sell as a single.

The old alts were sold during the timr you could buy every part of a master kit separately. Totems weren't even included in master kits but a separatr kit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Ludvig.  I'm sure in the past Wyrd have stated that they don't want to have too many boxes around so it allows stores to stock their product without taking over too much shelf space.

Plus releasing separate models isn't probably a good business idea in that the player will just buy a master model, ignoring the respective crew box.  You would probably have to sell five or six individual models to make up that shortfall and I don't think each master will be that popular.

Coupled with more design costs, production costs for the models it probably wouldn't make much sense.

Alt models for events such as Gencon, tourney wins etc or Guilder exchange is probably the best way to go.

Plus if you release a wave of Alt masters, where does it end?  Everyone will then expect  Henchmen etc to be released separately ...and so on.

5 hours ago, Myyrä said:

The only way I could see new master models happening is if Wyrd were to choose to create new versions of crewboxes with at least some of the models changed. It might generate enough new revenue to be worth creating the new models, or not.

The substitution of Mounted Guard for Wastrels in the nightmare McCabe box was not only cool sculpts but a great idea just because of how the master's playstyle had changed between then and now. I admit that alt-masters on their own don't have that much appeal for me, but package them with alt-something-else-I-really-want and you might have a deal...

• 2 weeks later...