10T - ALT MODEL

Nathan Caroland

46 minutes ago, OneLittleThunder said:

As others have said, the new alt Huggy is a vast improvement and fulfills my #1 wish. I would love to see some new Illuminated, since I really only find one of the three existing sculpts attractive/usable.

Beyond that, I don't have any desperate needs, though I wouldn't turn down a new Ototo, Fuhatsu, Pathfinder, or Mei Feng.

OOH! Also, whoever that is shown on p. 237 of Broken Promises - presumably Minako Rei? I WANT THAT MODEL.

I want a Minako Rei too, that is awesome art.

I generally like most of 10T's current lineup and it's my second most played faction. There aren't models that I wish I didn't have to put on the table because of the sculpt, so there are no immediate answers here. I don't hate the current Ototo, but would like a new version anyway that wasn't playing Bam Bam. Pathfinder is another possibility I like, being that the model tends to stick out quite a bit. I hate Fuhatsu's comedic current version, but probably wouldn't field an alt-version anyway so it isn't as big of a deal for me.

David Bowie-esque Lust Alt. My number one want.

I'll vote for the Alt Pathfinder too. Use him so often, want to see an alt take.

Seeing the Ancestors alive would be neat. Clan-era Izamu, Yin, and Toshiro - but it probably wouldn't that popular of an Alt.

A Shenlong box mocked off famous kung-fu flick actors would be neat.

• Like 2

Dawn Serpent - The detail on the existing model is very soft.  I'm sure a new version would be a huge improvement.

Path Finder - I love the idea of the bear wearing a human skin.

This is the one I really want....

An Oni version of Asami, where she looks more like Ohaguro Bettari than a mental patient...

• Like 1

An alt version of shenlong with a more dynamic pose would be pretty cool. Maybe in a transparent plastic, with some dragon thing around him. That way you could paint in shenlong and have this cool spirit dragon around him.

Sensei Yu would also be a good choice.

Edit: I know McCabe just got an alt model but it would be great to see a Miss Adventure.

• Like 1

A tanuki style Brewy, or at least some other Asian spirit action Brewy.

Or illuminated modelled after the sorcerers from big trouble in little China. Some badass Asian corrupted folk. Edit: just checked what they are called in the movie,  'the 3 storms, thunder, rain and lightning'

Otherwise there are a few other models I own but proxy with outside ranges because I prefer the specific models. A new lone swordsman would top my list. Then cooler tengu,  komainu (statue style) or peasants.

Edited by scarlett fever
Did some research
  • Like 2

Wouldn't mind seeing a new sculpt for Lynch. He's my favorite master and the current model does not show him off as the southern gentleman/charmer he is. 

Also wouldn't mind seeing a new Mei Feng as I have lost count of how many times she had broken off her base. 

Though the model I would most want to see get an alt sculpt is The Lone Swordsman. I remember being so excited to see his sculpt back during the open beta and than being so disappointed when I saw the art. I pictured more of Jubei from Ninja Scroll or Jin from Samurai Champloo. All the armor just didn't scream lone swordsman. Current model feels like he is getting ready to lead a unit of ashigaru into battle in The Other Side. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WWHSD said:

The Mei Feng box already comes with a few alternate Kangs.

Kang with shovel.
Kang with hammer.
Kang with shovel wearing a hat.
Kang with hammer wearing a hat.

Yeah, and it is all in Mei box. Alt Kang would be awesome for those who doesn't want the whole crew (like me ;))

21 hours ago, MrDeathTrout said:

Dawn Serpent - The detail on the existing model is very soft.  I'm sure a new version would be a huge improvement.

Path Finder - I love the idea of the bear wearing a human skin.

This is the one I really want....

An Oni version of Asami, where she looks more like Ohaguro Bettari than a mental patient...

This!  So this!  I really hate the Asami model (so much so, I converted my own... ). I'd love something more Oni-ish!  Ohaguro is amazing by comparison.

Also, the bear in a human skin suit pathfinder would be hilarious!

Oh, Also think an Alt Lone Swordsman would be cool too, I think the current one is a bit off for some reason and just, plain boring.

I still think an alt (probably Nightmare) Shen box would be super cool if:

Shen just happened to be a panda, Sensei Yu happened to be a red panda, Lone Swordsman happened to be a tigress, High/Low/Fermented/Wandering River monks were a viper/mantis/monkey/crane respectively and 2 goose (one a noodle seller, the other an envoy) peasants... THis will probably never happen (damn copyright!), but it'd be awesome sauce!

Still Vote 1 ALT ASAMI!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, spect_spidey said:

I think an alternate Misaki would be nice. I don't really care for the back kick, bisento behind the back pose. When I started playing about four months ago, the first thing I did was hit up a loan shark to get me some Guilders to get the vintage Misaki model. The one in her crew box is horrible.

I agree the box Misaki is not quite right but thankfully the Guilder one is available and if like me you have a few of the original metal ones still in blisters I'm good for conversion opportunities!

Other models that do not have alts would be more appreciated.

D.

Hello, Ten Thunders friends.
/shifty_smile
I have been unanimously elected as the Neverborn Representative for the Affairs of Alternative Models and boy do I have a proposition for you! You, sordid vermin, spam Mr. Graves and Mr. Tannen and we, trustworthy Neverborn, spam Illuminated.
/evil_hands_rub
Everybody wins!

tenor.gif

Alt lone swordsman. I know he's rare 1  but I'd love one where he's more of a Bushido style fighter with street style clothes. A more "Ronin" style who's ready strike. He's so fast normally that I feel like the current model is too relaxed and static. 

This kind of pose : 

latest?cb=20140302014627