10T - ALT MODEL

Nathan Caroland

So, a couple months ago this would have been EXTREMELY easy, but y'all went ahead and gave me a new Huggy, so that's settled. Now...I would say either a new 10T Brother, just because I use one in every single game, so some spicy alt would be cool; or something like the jorogumo or emissary, ,which are awesome and great looking models, but just are so big that they are hard to transport, sometimes. Honestly, I like all the models in the range now, so I don't have any REALLY strong feelings on this.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Definitechoice said:

The 10T crewboxs were Wyrd's first plastics, and some of them are showing their age. Wouldn't mind an entire new Rail Crew or Dark Debts.

I keep hearing that they're showing their age but I still think they look dynamic and cool and are mostly well made...I don't understand, other than a vague agreement that Ten Thunders is a bit lacking in the individual alt department and could probably stand to get one sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

One Shenlong miniature for each style he has.

Now THIS I can support. Shenlong is a strong master with a bland sculpt. A less...less gurning...Just consider a fresh Sensei Yu also.

• Like 1

Now that's a tough one. I think I'd like another set of Komainu. I've never been too fond of their more mechanical look and whenever I do start spamming them I always run out so I'm due for another box anyways. Something more fitting with the Obsidian Statue or Oni would make for a nice thematic alternative. Or perhaps the Dawn Serpent could get something to make it look a bit less like chinese bootleg Emissary. Get Fuhatsu to regain some more honour and trousers while you're at it. Those are really just about the only normal sculpts I don't care for. That and Asami "float like a butterfly stung by about a thousand bees" Tanaka but I stuffed a mask on her anyways so.

Though it would be interesting to see what alternative Wyrd could come up with for a somewhat blander master like Shenlong. Show us the dragon rages.

First vote is a hundred times Ototo.  That said while the new art is not bad I would not mind the pose from the Chronicle 24 on page 60, with him crouching a bit with his weapon across his shoulder.

Other ideas that spring to mind if Ototo is not an option *because he is already in the work*, is an Old Master Sensei Yu.  Less of a huge guy and more a wily crackling old man.  Or a Less comedy Fuhatsu.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hound Grey said:

Would like to see an Alt Pathfinder, its a model that you could easily take multiples of but the model is so unique looking it dosnt look right on the board with two of them.

Can it please be a Bear with a rifle, with a Human skin draped over its shoulders?? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'd love a more Asian-style Pathfinder. To me, the current model really doesn't fit the faction.

Also, the Dawn Serpent looks really pathetic next to the Emissary...

Also, Fuhatsu. He's the only model I'd be too ashamed to show in public.  Luckily he's an awful model on the table so I have no reason to get him (I've actually converted up Gigantor Samurai into Fuhatsu on the off-chance I do decide to field him)

Why do people have so much hatred for Ototo?  He's not great, but he's certainly not the worst.

3 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Why do people have so much hatred for Ototo?  He's not great, but he's certainly not the worst.

I prefer majority of my figure to stay within the confines of its base. Also the reason why I really don't give toss about our Emissary, model wise.

Wyrd's also shown alt art for Ototo which looks pretty rad (and in figure form would be standing mostly within it's base!).

As others have said, the new alt Huggy is a vast improvement and fulfills my #1 wish. I would love to see some new Illuminated, since I really only find one of the three existing sculpts attractive/usable.

Beyond that, I don't have any desperate needs, though I wouldn't turn down a new Ototo, Fuhatsu, Pathfinder, or Mei Feng.

OOH! Also, whoever that is shown on p. 237 of Broken Promises - presumably Minako Rei? I WANT THAT MODEL.

• Like 1