NEVERBORN - ALT MODEL

Nathan Caroland

Would love to see some alternate Illuminated. They are supremely useful on the table, but two of the three models are just...bad. I've built the female Illuminated three times, and none of them have gone together without a ton of filing, green stuff, gap-filling glue, and profanity. And the "dude being eaten by Huggy Jr." figure doesn't look like like a person who's using his addiction for combat enhancement so much as one that has lost his fight and is about to die.

Crouching Illuminated Dude is awesome, though. He can stay. :)

• Like 2

This looks like a complete lack of consensus to me, which is probably because we just got our Nekima and Hungering Darkness :)

• Changelings - I'd love to see more Emissary style changelings as well. "Freshly born" ones. I tend to summon them, and it looks weird to have the school kids show up.
  • Lilith - Because she's awesome. I already have 5+ copies of the old metal sculpt since it is my favorite, but an updated one would be awseome
  • Titania - Unlikely since we already got two, but I agree with the others that I want a more "cleaned up" version. She's still royalty, and after she got out of Nythera I can't imagine her not dressing up a little. She doesn't look very regal as is.
  • Widow Weaver - I'm partial to the current one, but I think there's a lot of room for a cool design with her that represents her fear potential better
  • Lucius - Really, a whole box of Neverborn-esque Guild figures. Rifleman with subtle tentacles. Queeg with a face in his chest. Dashel with fangs and one eye. These are Neverborn infiltrating the Guild after all, but they can be trying to blend in like the current Doppleganger does.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, necroon said:
  • Lynch based on the book 5 art (It's pretty amazing and I can't un-correlate the existing sculpt with Dead Man's Hand.... plus the awesome Alt HD needs a new friend, right?)

Now I'm very curious what does that art look like!

2 hours ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

Here's a thought; maybe an alt Lilith to fit the knight motif of alt Barbaros?  Like a Lady of the Lake (of Blood) look with a long dress, rising out of a blood pool like the current Bette Noir model, and holding out a sword.  Or even just a more medieval looking version of her usual outfit.

Both of those would be great.

Firstly, my preferences: I don't play Lilith frankly because I hate her pose.  Old metal, alt metal, plastic.  Just doesn't do it for me.  Change her to look more nephilim or undead or any other thing I don't care but please a more combat ready stance.  After that the changelings.  I didn't buy the plastic ones because as cool as they look, they just don't quite fit.  I'm actually proxying the old metal imps as changelings.  Besides that a more nephilim looking Graves would look cool, but I'm happy with my Michael Clarke Duncan paint job.  Or a new Primordial Magic.  

As for Dreamer, I said in another post, the artwork is just not there for me.  Being as that his fluff was one of the four things that got me into the game in the first place, a render for older Dreamer would have to blow me away to give up Little Nemo the Dream Master.  And regal looking Titania?  I get the impression she is the type to make sure everyone can see what she was subjected to with the bloody eye sockets, cuts, torn clothing, etc.

Any of the Autumn Knights or Aeslin as inspiration would work. I liked the idea when she sat on the throne, that the trees around her moved to form a cloak and clothes around her. Same with how the ground beneath her is constantly sprouting new growth. Having the ground at her feet being roots coming up to form armour around her would be amazing. When she flies off, they retract, and when she lands, they come back up to encase her again.

It would be a nice contrast to Liliths 'aggressive nature' stance, with Titania showing the land healing instead.

I would propose Lilith but going in opposite direction that everyone above proposed (Nephilim like)

I would suggest to keep difference from other Nephilims, but shape her more in theme of so many Nature oriented skills and upgardes she has (Beckon Malifaux, Wicked Wines, new terrain oriented upgrade)

In essence I would love to see her version in Poison Ivy theme

27931462.jpg.jpg.16b93bdbc19fbc0fa6a73c6472908059.jpg

• Like 1

While I love the idea of a Poison Ivy style Lilith (more so than a Nephilim Lilith), the story would make this strange. She gave up her Nephilim form to be able to walk among the humans. That's an important distinction between her and Nekima. Nekima is all rage, while Lilith adds a healthy dose of cunning and deviousness into her rage.

That said, I'm guessing we'll just have to wait for book 6 to see what direction she'll take now though (I'll avoid any more comments on this to avoid spoilers)

Quick comment on Titania - When I said "more regal looking" I wasn't thinking French Royalty or anything. I meant more of an imposing Dark Fae Nature Queen. Something like Aeslin for example. Though I like the "warrior queen" aspect, in which case more like her knights is also good.

I love the idea of an alt dreamer with his cricket bat.

I'd also love to see another round of vintage models for this year, including an updated version of the old lilith alt. That scythe looked so sick, but the old metal sculpt was kind of blocky, and I'd love to see that redone.

• Like 1

Lilith or Titania would be great to see an alt of.

Lilith, i kind of agree that she always looked too human for my tastes. Sure she can take on a human form to infiltrate and cause chaos, but in front of her subjects...it feels weird to look like the enemy (reminds me of the "human" Cylons in Battlestar Galactica).

While i can see that part of her is along the lines of the forest (she always had a line of abilities and her avatar form related to nature), i feel that it's too close to Titania nowadays...i.e. they sort of overlap in some way when it comes to the wild. Lile the Waldegeist...they really blend in too well with titania's knights by now.

A more queenly Titania would be great, too (armored or majestic, just more regal).

I have started playing this game for the dreamer fluff. An alt dreamer would be awesome. I really love the current Chompy. There is something about the Daydreams that I feel could make a great alt. Not sure what but something.

The gender swap Grave and Tannen would be awesome!