ARCANISTS - ALT MODEL

Nathan Caroland

7 hours ago, Lokibri said:

My top 3 for alt models are:

Myrandy: Widely used and just awesome!

Ice Golem: I probably need more than 1 now :D

Sabretooth: You can never have enough of them ;)

All of this. Except Miranda, not because it is a bad idea, but because I just bought the Marcus box to get her so now I don't need one personally and I'm greedy enough to try and influence things that only affect me.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, MuMantai said:

Alt Rasputina is available in the Guilder Store :)

I would like to have an alt Howard (I know, we have Miss Step, but I really dislike her), as the model right now is just lackluster compared to models like the Emissaries and Yasunori and does not really transport the raw power he represents.

Sadly I can't earn guilders...there are no tournaments in my area. The average distance I'd have to travel is about three hours to get to a tournament

and I agree with you about Miss Step

4 hours ago, frostwolf428 said:

Sadly I can't earn guilders...there are no tournaments in my area. The average distance I'd have to travel is about three hours to get to a tournament

You'll occasionally see people selling them on the Wyrd trades facebook page, and could probably ask to buy some and get some responses. Not sure what the going rate for them is though.

I like the Idea of a nightmare Marcus crew, but done to compliment the Dark carnival

Marcus as a lion taker/beast master with the sabertooth cerberus as a lion

Myranda as a sort of acrobat/rope walker

Jackalope not sure but the world could always use more monkeys in a fez

Not sure on cojo and the rattler but one could be swapped out for a mauler as circus bear would fit and be easy. 

• Haha 1

An alternate version of the Claw and Fang set with all new beasts; chupacabra (jackalope), hydra (sabretooth cerberus), manticore (razorspine rattler), equiceph (cojo). Marcus and Myranda in a more active poses, and perhaps dressed in a more elegant costumes would be nice too. You could gender swap Marcus and Myranda (Marcia and Myron?) if you wanted.

Male performers and mannequins.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, retnab said:

If we're doing full on Nightmare crew boxes, I'd love it if Rasputina got the Tara treatment and Raspy, the Wendigo, and the Ice Golem got brand new cool poses (and the Ice Gamin too I suppose but I'm already pretty happy with them).

When I think about this it is an amazing it has not been suggested already.

Raspy nightmare would really cover a lot.  

1. Raspy re-sculpt, I like her current and alt-sculpt but several folks have mentioned they'd like something different.
  2. Ice Golem alt which provides both an alt-model and a second golem now Raspy can summon them.
  3. Alt-Wendigo, here I suggested an alt sculpt myself, I don't like the current Wendigo so this would be a :+fate:+fate for me.
  4. Some extra Ice Gamin, because one why not, 2 the alt's could look cool, 3 Raspy can summon them now and 4 why not...

So this is a more long-term thing, at least a year but has a lot going for it, definitely scope for a nightmare cannibal crazy ice witch and her frosty ice minions, several sculpts folks seem to want and plenty of the models in the box could be used even by people who like the older sculpts and have the Raspy box because with summons Raspy can field quite a few Golem and Gamin.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dancater said:

When I think about this it is an amazing it has not been suggested already.

Raspy nightmare would really cover a lot.  

1. Raspy re-sculpt, I like her current and alt-sculpt but several folks have mentioned they'd like something different.
  2. Ice Golem alt which provides both an alt-model and a second golem now Raspy can summon them.
  3. Alt-Wendigo, here I suggested an alt sculpt myself, I don't like the current Wendigo so this would be a :+fate:+fate for me.
  4. Some extra Ice Gamin, because one why not, 2 the alt's could look cool, 3 Raspy can summon them now and 4 why not...

So this is a more long-term thing, at least a year but has a lot going for it, definitely scope for a nightmare cannibal crazy ice witch and her frosty ice minions, several sculpts folks seem to want and plenty of the models in the box could be used even by people who like the older sculpts and have the Raspy box because with summons Raspy can field quite a few Golem and Gamin.  

With her summons requiring scrap, I don't really see her having many summons out at once. It seems like they are more likely going to be replacements for Gamin and Golems that she hired.

3 hours ago, WWHSD said:

With her summons requiring scrap, I don't really see her having many summons out at once. It seems like they are more likely going to be replacements for Gamin and Golems that she hired.

remember that the new steam outfitters can place scrap markers, so they might have a spot in a Ice Golem spam :)

Also Joss is a solid model and generates scrap.  I would not normally take him with Raspy but I am tempted to trial a summon based list just for experiment and giggle value and he'd probably be included.

Along those lines the Mech Rider, Mech Pork Chop and Large Steam Arachnid all generate extra scrap although again inclusion with Raspy's already great (and theme heavy ^_^) crews is a question....

And all of this neglects the possibility that your opponent brings scrap, there are a fair number of good constructs across the factions and which see play and several masters which really run in construct heavy crews.

So 100% agree that seeing a large Gamin and Golem horde is likely to be rare it is not by any means inconceivable that you could start a Raspy list with a couple of Ice constructs and perhaps other scrap generators and then roll into an opponent running Ramos or Levi or Hoffman or simply an opponent running with a few constructs.  Then a point in the game where you have 4+ Ice Gamin or a pair of Ice Golem is certainly not outside the realm of possibility.  

But yeah mainly that would be a useful bonus which means I could use all the models in a Nightmare Rasputina box beyond just as alts for the two unique pieces (Raspy and Wendigo) and also variant models for Gamin and Golem I already have.  Simply making the point that myself as a long time Raspy player and owner who is at least trying to curtail their Malifaux spending into the realm of the non-OCD could still justify the cost of a nightmare Raspy box at a Wyrd sale (including the ever troublesome triple :-fate twist which is shipping to Australia :() because I could argue with my more sensible nature (which I keep in a box and torture occasionally) that all the models have potential value.

Mostly however I just think it will be fun. 

1 hour ago, dancater said:

Along those lines the Mech Rider, Mech Pork Chop and Large Steam Arachnid all generate extra scrap although again inclusion with Raspy's already great (and theme heavy ^_^) crews is a question....

Mechanical Porkchop isn't going to be in the same crew as Rasputina. It's a Gremlin model that only makes it into Mei Feng crews by way of being Foundry.

If all Arcanists could take him he'd be a staple in Ramos crews.

Hoooboy. I've been waiting for a question like this.

1. Ironsides: Don't need a guy version, per se (Mike Haggar) but something a little less ball-ed up. I know it's a proper pugilism stance but mid-punch would be a bunch of fun. Or a taunt.
2. Captain: Also not necessarily a girl version (all the hair billowing in the wind!) but something a little more dynamic. Extra billowy, regardless.
3. Myranda: Honestly the pose doesn't bother me, the mask does. That's my one gripe. People see to want a different version of her so I'm jumping on that wagon. Why not a 'Sir' model? 'Sir Loins'. All leopard print and baby oil.
4. Angelica: Dr. Frank N Furter. Doubles as a McMourning alt.
5. Gunsmith: I want one that looks like the picture in the TTB book. A gun smith that got a little overzealous, like...he SHOULD be getting +1 Armor with all that iron on his person.

6. Slate Ridge Mauler: Have him mid-maul. Something less compact.

7. Mobile Toolkit: I know people just use the thing for scrap markers most of the time (maybe package some in the box as a wink to the players?), but I would find it wonderful to go full goof and have an actual toolbox with legs. Not good legs, like...bendy chicken legs pumping as hard as they can. And the box is open and tools are just going EVERYWHERE as the little guy sprints along.

8. My wife demands a box containing zombie alts of performers for Seamus to use.

Mei Feng needs a hat.

21362349_10100350579029203_1557505061_o.thumb.jpg.68c4b879c437aa0c10eef94ab083071c.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Mechanical Porkchop isn't going to be in the same crew as Rasputina. It's a Gremlin model that only makes it into Mei Feng crews by way of being Foundry.

If all Arcanists could take him he'd be a staple in Ramos crews.

Good point but the rest of the post is nevertheless valid.

I will one day have two Golem's and more Gamin than Archie can count up without his extra arm on the field.