double Rogue Necro Dougie- what else would you take?

4thstringer

I want the blasts on the rogue necro attack.  I like the idea of abuela too.  

customizing for strat and schemes is for players that aren't completely focused on the jank.

Lol, I actually do love the idea of just rogue necro spam.  I'm proxying anyways, so why not just tell my opponent "any 50 mm model you see on the board is a rogue necro"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Sideways to the topic, but part of last night's chatter was that if you managed to kill a three-headed beast while it was still three-headed, with a big damage spike, why don't you get to drop three heads? :lol:

I've always though that if you spiked damage enough on McCabe, you should get through both parts of him, and get a head for the horse too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

I've always though that if you spiked damage enough on McCabe, you should get through both parts of him, and get a head for the horse too.

Why? we don't know that his horse is dead, maybe he just run away from the battlefield without Mccabe :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

I want the blasts on the rogue necro attack.  I like the idea of abuela too.  

customizing for strat and schemes is for players that aren't completely focused on the jank.

Lol, I actually do love the idea of just rogue necro spam.  I'm proxying anyways, so why not just tell my opponent "any 50 mm model you see on the board is a rogue necro"

The rogue necros have built in plusflips from their three-headedness so they arw at straights. For the cost of buffing one you could almost take an extra.

• Like 2

This is what im thinking of for a McM Beast build, only one Rogue Necro but with Myranda to shape shift into a Cerberus or another Beast upfield.  You could easily swap Myranda and a stone from the pool for another Necro.

McMourning + 6 Pool
 - On The Clock 
 - Test Subjects
 -Plastic Surgery 
Zombie Chihuahua 
Myranda 
 - A Debt To The Guild
Rogue Necromancy 
 - A Debt To The Guild 
Brutal Effigy 
Domedor 
Nurse 
Gupps 
Gupps 

I took 3 rogue necros, both new upgrades, domador and a belle.  Repeatedly forgot the ability on the front of the domadors card but he did a ton of work.   Obeying, healing mcm, and paralyzed molly.  Did damage with his pulse too.  Unfortunately my opponent had lots of htw so the plus flips didn't do much for me.  Archie and Molly getting cards from phillip killed enough and kept mcm on negatives.  I should have won though,  but I forgot to charge a soulstone when I killed his summon. 

I didn't get a lot out of mcms upgrades except the obvious ability to bring the rogue necros though.  The heal did help with poison damage and black blood a little,  but Archie is a terror for those rogues.

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I didn't get a lot out of mcms upgrades except the obvious ability to bring the rogue necros though.  The heal did help with poison damage and black blood a little,  but Archie is a terror for those rogues.

Are you sure they aren't just mediocre and not very durable?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ludvig said:

The rogue necros have built in plusflips from their three-headedness so they arw at straights. For the cost of buffing one you could almost take an extra.

After turn 1 Papa can buff 2 models a turn through positioning. Had him running between Sidir and Nino one game against Hamelin and an incoming wall of rats one game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticPangolin said:

After turn 1 Papa can buff 2 models a turn through positioning. Had him running between Sidir and Nino one game against Hamelin and an incoming wall of rats one game.

Could also mean he blows up and put them both down five wounds but what do I know :D 

I took 3 rogue necros, both new upgrades, domador and a belle.  Repeatedly forgot the ability on the front of the domadors card but he did a ton of work.   Obeying, healing mcm, and paralyzed molly.  Did damage with his pulse too.  Unfortunately my opponent had lots of htw so the plus flips didn't do much for me.  Archie and Molly getting cards from phillip killed enough and kept mcm on negatives.  I should have won though,  but I forgot to charge a soulstone when I killed his summon. 

Papa would have been nice fir plus flips to help with htw, but he wouldn't have been better than what I brought.

A nurse can be a lot of fun with papa loco, since they can give him armor 2 at the cost of minus to all duels. His blow self up action requires no duel and neither does walking into the enemy courageously!

McMourning with Rogue Necros would i assume want to make use of his ability to hand out precise. The Jury can be a neat thing here to make sure you get that handy trigger to do it twice, especially if you have two big spooky rogue necros to fall back on. Jury also loves fees, so a guild lawyer could be a nice take, ready to throw out ranged WP duels for the necros to "smell fear" onto. Its worth remembering Monster Hunters are coming out soon and they love to have enemies with the stalked condition, which rogue necros can give out. Imagine 2 rogue necros and 2 monster hunters, with 4 stalked enemies... thats 4 enemies that any time they move a monster hunter can move and potentially get a free attack since you don't have to move the model that placed the stalk, that cant cheat vs monster hunters without discarding and that monster hunters get plus against.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nukemouse said:

A nurse can be a lot of fun with papa loco, since they can give him armor 2 at the cost of minus to all duels. His blow self up action requires no duel and neither does walking into the enemy courageously!

McMourning with Rogue Necros would i assume want to make use of his ability to hand out precise. The Jury can be a neat thing here to make sure you get that handy trigger to do it twice, especially if you have two big spooky rogue necros to fall back on. Jury also loves fees, so a guild lawyer could be a nice take, ready to throw out ranged WP duels for the necros to "smell fear" onto. Its worth remembering Monster Hunters are coming out soon and they love to have enemies with the stalked condition, which rogue necros can give out. Imagine 2 rogue necros and 2 monster hunters, with 4 stalked enemies... thats 4 enemies that any time they move a monster hunter can move and potentially get a free attack since you don't have to move the model that placed the stalk, that cant cheat vs monster hunters without discarding and that monster hunters get plus against.

You are my kinda jank merchant. I enjoyed the obeys from the domador but that's nice too.  Ive never made precise work, but that sounds nice.  Imagine being afraid To walk your crew. 

• Like 1

Its costly, setting you back minimum 1ss for test, 12 for two monster hunters and 20 for two necros. 17 stones to build the rest of your crew is the price you pay for teaching the midnight stalker what real stalking is. You could take a domador or two to finish it up, the monster hunters would probably enjoy their healing and the "one last strike" aura but i think domadors would not be able to keep up with this crew unless mcmourning spends his injections on them. I feel like in creating such a mobile crew I've somehow failed to play guild properly. Guild hounds provide cheap activations that can easily charge thanks to doug's ability to put out scheme markers and they heal from his aura. Nino Ortega wouldn't need to follow the fast models and would give both monster hunters a useful anti scheming aura. Thats all the jank i can think of without actual play experience.

• Like 2

@Ludvig

The armor and the negative flips are the same condition. So you would only keep the armor until you activate and do that but yeah it seems pretty good. You could also armor him, inferno twice, doing only 8 damage to him instead of 12 so he has 1 hp left and then you ditch the condition so enemies that attack him or try to escape his engagement (assuming any are still alive) dont have an easy time hitting and/or escaping. Then again 4 df 4 ml...