New Outcast player - Non Outcast Models?

rovingthief

Was a dedicated Arcanist player before, but discovered a local player was getting rid of his entire Outcast stock, so I am currently in possession of EVERY Outcast model. I've been doing some research on masters such as Leveticus and Jack Daw that play really well with some non Outcast models with certain keywords, but was just wondering if there were any general 'must haves' for certain masters that fall outside of the Outcast faction?

Karina needs some horrors (guld autopsies most of the time) to summon.
Tara might like to get one Deathmarshall (maybe 2)
Jack actually became less reliant on out of faction tormented but nurses are his love.
Levi... is weird... but giving the 4 horseman levi a try... you need the 4 riders and some 4ss construct arcanist models to summon.

and Karina likes Horror minions which she can summon
Student of sinew
Student of steel
Student of viscera
Punk zombie
Draugr
Kentauroi
Drowned
Guild autopsy (Which can summon mindless zombies)
Crooligan

Levi can hire any construct or undead model which offers him a wide array of stuff to pick
His emmisarry upgrade allows him to hire
Dead rider
mechanical rider
Pale rider
Hooded rider
Mechanical rider can summon 4ss arcanist constructs. Mostly used for this are
Steam arachnids and
Metal gamin.

20 hours ago, rovingthief said:

Was a dedicated Arcanist player before, but discovered a local player was getting rid of his entire Outcast stock, so I am currently in possession of EVERY Outcast model. I've been doing some research on masters such as Leveticus and Jack Daw that play really well with some non Outcast models with certain keywords, but was just wondering if there were any general 'must haves' for certain masters that fall outside of the Outcast faction?

There are no "MUST HAVES". All masters can play well with just the outcast models. 

The nearest you get to must haves is probably summons for Karina. Levi has just such a large pool of out of faction hiring that you can take as much or as little as you want. Jack looks at a few Tormented options, probably nurses, and the crossroad 7, but otehrs have a use as well. Hamlin doesn't often hire Lost, but he can. 

If you want to play with Tara's bury mechanic, Death Marshals are one of the best ways to bury models, but they aren't essential. 

I don't think I've seen anyone really make use of Nixs ability to hire hounds. 

In short - play with what you have. Feel free to add out of faction models if they do what you need your crew to do, but none of them are must haves or the master is rubbish.