The Year of Guild!

4thstringer

Thanks. I'm just trying to decide between Thunders and Guild for my returning faction....i'm not super competitive (i'll play tournaments but as long as i can do ok and have fun, i won't be bothered by not winning everything) but just want to get the lay of the land a bit.

I'm considering holding off until Broken promises is out and GG18 is a bit more known before buying too much. I suppose i could just get McCabe for now though to hedge my bets...

• Like 1

Youcan't go wrong with McCabe, he is likely to be strong no matter the pool.

Thunders and guild are similar in that they tend to not have a ton of activations which McCabe with hounds does a lot to remedy.

He can only bring low-cost models across the factions so your choice of beaters will depend on the faction. I'm not sure how interested TT are in austringers and pathfinders or mounted guard, I know they are handy in guild.

3 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Not sure I've ever seen a TT list with a pathfinder in it. I would probably prefer a katanaka if I did play TT myself. Reactivating one turn one is great if you want some pressure on where the opponent moves.

Higher moderate than a Sniper, blasts, ignores armour, gives slow, stone cheaper. Though to be fair I generally see one used in addition to a single sniper, rather than instead of. It's a good model.

• Like 1

Ignores armor with the right trigger and has less than half the reach of the sniper. Snipers ignore armor in melee if I don't recall wrong while the pathfinder is instantly neurered if engaged. They do summon traps which can be huge. Their suit dependancy makes me curse them every other game while they can perform extremely well when you topdeck or happen to draw all the right suits.

Snipers don't ignore armour in melee, though ml5+ 2/4/5 is pretty sweet for what seems like a range focused model. I view Pathfinders' triggers as a nice bonus, their main draw being 2/4b/5b gun.

But yeah there's a reason people start with a Sniper and maybe add another pew pew model in after that.

• Like 1

Anything McCabe can infiltrate will cut into his allotment of four, and guild hounds come in a convenient 4-pack. :mellow: I do love investigators, but they seem to bring front-of-card abilities that Ten Thunders are known for anyway. May be worth infiltrating for their heinous debuff against anything which wants to spam its actions.

I had Hoffman's upgrade cards all but pressed into my hands last night, so Ramos will go back to only hitting the table when requested (Misaki was terribly disappointed, itching to test out The Storm and then having the construct master switcharoo put on the table. I should have exercised more self-restraint).

• Like 1