The Year of Guild!

4thstringer

29 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Liking the sound of our new models though. But I think Nico will be back in style bigtime with mindless zombies at a decent stat with :+fate to attacks and a 2/3/4 damage track.

Put a bullet in Asura. That should cure it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Aren't assura minions so Nico can summon new ones and vengeance bullet doesn't work?

Nah, she's a henchman. Nicodem could bring her back from the dead now, though, with his new upgrade. Once. And only after that recycle her into a different undead.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

... If it stays that way... Gotta keep up the guild tradition of pessimism :D

I quote: "whose bright idea was it to put Ours! [new Reconnoiter] and Reconnoiter in the same strategy pool?" :P

Ply for information sounds like it will reward shooty crews staying in their deployment zone and ours will also favour elite stuff. Sidir may be brought out of retirement and we could go back to henchman gunlines... Yaaay? The headhunter one will probably still favour the old lure schtick (which we will get access to more easily). I'm sort of sad if you need to kill enemies, the beauty of that one was that you could play non-hitters and just grab heads. Killy masters will become the new summoners.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Have you guys been getting games in?  I am a few games in and my enthusiasm is undampened.

Not a single game with new schemes. We've been playing henchman hardcore and a grow league so we're sticking to book and gg17 respectively.

I've jaunted over to Arcanists for a little while, both because I was able to get Ramos' upgrade cards but not any for Guild, and because once I do get those it'll be all Guild all the time until Marlena is released, and now that I think about GenCon and Black Friday both being Curiosity Killed the Cat features, it makes sense that I should plan for her not being here this year. Also, once I get the upgrade cards I don't know if I'll have room for Arcanist Assets for awhile, so the bots in blue need to see table time now.

On 8/22/2017 at 11:16 AM, Ludvig said:

... If it stays that way... Gotta keep up the guild tradition of pessimism :D

It didn't. ;)

• Like 1

So far, two weeks in since the new GG came out, and I have never felt so powerful.  I think I am 6-0-2, and both of my ties were me messing up the schemes (one forgetting I had it so not getting a point when I could have, and one taking a scheme that wasn't in the pool) in a way that made me lose.   The new guild models have all shined in individual games for me, and the new upgrades have been so beautiful.  I've played all the guild masters but Nellie and Lucas (Nellie because my group has been a bit shell shocked by her recently, and Lucas because I hate his theme).  

So as far as I'm concerned, I am amazed by the power of Guild in the new GG.  Considering the tournament consensus seems to be (gleaned from AWP) that guild was not worth bringing to a tournament before wave 5, i am excited for what Wave 5 and GG2018 might mean.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

So far, two weeks in since the new GG came out, and I have never felt so powerful.  I think I am 6-0-2, and both of my ties were me messing up the schemes (one forgetting I had it so not getting a point when I could have, and one taking a scheme that wasn't in the pool) in a way that made me lose.   The new guild models have all shined in individual games for me, and the new upgrades have been so beautiful.  I've played all the guild masters but Nellie and Lucas (Nellie because my group has been a bit shell shocked by her recently, and Lucas because I hate his theme).  

So as far as I'm concerned, I am amazed by the power of Guild in the new GG.  Considering the tournament consensus seems to be (gleaned from AWP) that guild was not worth bringing to a tournament before wave 5, i am excited for what Wave 5 and GG2018 might mean.

Which one you have used? 

I have done all the strats except Supply Wagon, and doubled up on the new upgrades in all my games to try them out.

So far, Hoffman and LJ are the biggest changes (places are incredible in malifaux)

McMourning's has a lot of potential which I haven't really delved into enough.

Lucius and Perdita's are both sneaky good, upping their power level without really changing their style of play that much.

and Sonnia's have been more like an insurance policy, but killing one thing with burning, getting a purifying flame to blast off for other shots was a really useful thing, and the nurse HB to Sonnia alpha strike is legit scary.

5 minutes ago, TheOogieBoogieMan said:

How is the Guild play going now that Summoners have had the Peon change reversed out of interest?

Not any worse than gg-17 or book strats to be honest. We were still going to be out-activated by summons so I think the final wording of schemes and strats will have a bigger impact than summons being peons or not.

2 hours ago, TheOogieBoogieMan said:

Thats fair. I'm only just coming back to the game after a long hiatus so i'm waaaay out of touch on how well anything is doing.....i was hoping for "better than GG17" more than "not worse" though, i'll be honest :D 

Haha, can't make any sort of guarantee to that effect. If the always scheme still favours out-activation everyone will be in the same spot which means Nellie does well and the ohers might struggle compared to stuff like rat spam and mass summons.

Frame coming up less often will help our killy masters and the new upgrades and models are sure to shake things up.