The Marauders Bite - 50ss 3 Round tournament - Saturday 3rd of Feb 2018

SurreyLee

Thanks Lee for running a great event today, and possibly the earliest a tournament ever finished!

Just a bit odd that we had 2 rounds back to back and then lunch, because I appreciate the breathing space the lunch break provides between round 1 and 2 and then getting ready for the afternoon onslaught of rounds 2 and 3.

Looking forward to having more events there, we should be able to get more people there!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Clousseau said:

Nice job Lee, smoothly run and liked the venue.

Thanks to my 3 opponents George, Alan & Troy for fun games. may be using a new deck for next weekend though :)

Sorry for the bent crew in out game bud.

@SurreyLee wonderful venue with easy travel links. Preferable over the last venue imho. Thanks for a cracking day.

In other news, try a master out before you use them in tournaments.. or ypu may just lose your first 2 games throigh stupidity like i did. Not that my opponents didn' deserve their wins, they played better than I and thoroughly deserve them.

• Like 1

Cheers for a great event Lee, really great venue and terrain, enjoyed the day thoroughly

I liked the charity raffle & use of honesty box, think this went down really well. Also table service for cups of tea was great!

Only real negative I have is my own choice of lunch haha. we went to "The Bakery" in Sheppherton centre and they honestly do the worst sausage rolls and baked goods I have ever eaten!

Would love to see some more events run here, it clearly has the space to fit 50 players & more, it's just getting them down ;) 

Can only echo everybody else's comments; a great venue with lots of space, and the tea & coffee was a real plus. All made the day much more relaxed which was welcome.

Very happy to wait for results & pairings from the TO rather than get live updates, and personally preferred the 3 round format.

As always 3 great opponents, my thanks to them for some really fun games.

Russ.

• Like 1

Excellent, well i'd like to thank everyone who came and made my life as a TO very easy. 

It seems the only possible thing to consider is the timing of Lunch and whether its best to have 2 games then lunch, or 1 game and an early lunch. I figured that everyone might have preferred being fresh for the last game. I'll possibly put that to a vote next time. We will see. 

Also a massive thanks for all those that bought extra raffle tickets. Collectively we raised £90 for the Royal Marsden. That's awesome. 

I'm considering another event in May and will keep y'all posted. 

• Like 2

Have you sent the results to the rankings?

I think there is the one downside to not having BOT live, that the results wont be automatically uploaded to the Rankings.

Would be great to keep it offline during the event (or live for those that aren't participating) and then be able to send the results off once the event is finished.

2 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

I think there is the one downside to not having BOT live, that the results wont be automatically uploaded to the Rankings.

Would be great to keep it offline during the event (or live for those that aren't participating) and then be able to send the results off once the event is finished.

I have emailed them twice now and hoping they will put it up asap. 

9 hours ago, Pinocchio said:

It is irrelevant to the submitting of the results if the event was live or not. It purely depends on Kai having the time to do his funky stuff, as the data is all stored centrally.