Improved Harness vs. Unmaking

KID55

Hi, people. Another question.

Leveticus Unmaking attack deal damage "which cannot be reduced and ignores Hard to Kill and Hard to Wound"

Hoffman gains new ability with new Improved Harness upgrade: Adaptive Armor: friendly constructs within :aura6" of this model may not have their Armor ignored and may reduce damage regardless of any enemy effects that state otherwise.

It means for now Leveticus cannot more ignore armor with unmaking and his new Desolation ability? Or it still working?

6 hours ago, Gluk said:

I will probably try to "ping" this upgrade from Hoffman using Hans...

It's may be too expensive to do. You need in hand: 11:crow+ for Smile you son of a... or low:crow for (0) Reference the field guide and 11+ for Smile you son of a... Then you need I pay better on someone and card for this. And you need a high card to shot. Result: you need to spend 9 SS (8 SS Hans + 1 SS I pay better) and 3-4 cards from hand for 1 shot. And if table is right, it has many terrains and Hans just may not see Hoffman(

For Leveticus I think to use rotten belles and dead doxies or Mad Dog with his built-in push.

I like Hans as a person, but as a model, he's too expensive.

29 minutes ago, KID55 said:

It's may be too expensive to do. You need in hand: 11:crow+ for Smile you son of a... or low:crow for (0) Reference the field guide and 11+ for Smile you son of a... Then you need I pay better on someone and card for this. And you need a high card to shot. Result: you need to spend 9 SS (8 SS Hans + 1 SS I pay better) and 3-4 cards from hand for 1 shot. And if table is right, it has many terrains and Hans just may not see Hoffman(

For Leveticus I think to use rotten belles and dead doxies or Mad Dog with his built-in push.

It gets even worse if you think that the Guild player just needs to drop 2 cards to make the Sh action fail due to "To the Highest Bidder".  So unless you are getting two shots somehow *Such as Fast and being within 18"* you are not likely going to get much chance to knock the upgrade off.

A Sanctioned Spellcaster might also prove troublesome as it can shut down attempts to move Hoffman's block *Of course then you would just need to kill the spellcaster first*.

Lure them out, spellcasters can't cover all the constructs and if they do you have 6ss snipers that oneshot them I believe (unless they're cyborgs from Hoffman's other upgrade). Hoffman is also going to have trouble picking upgrades so while the armour one will be autotake he will lose out on others. Hoffman and his constructs are usually not immune to conditions so there's that as well.

3 hours ago, KID55 said:

You can use his advanced sight upgrade instead I pay better to get focused to save soulstone, but you need additional 7 or more card instead. But overall I agree that it is too tricky.

• 2 weeks later...