Steamfitters and Kandara

BFOmega

I don't have the cards, but everything I've heard is that all the models are the same as we last saw them.

On the topic, what do we think of Kandara now that we know about Heat Wave?  Kandara's "take Burning if you damage me" ability might be extremely threatening to enemies with a Heat Wave Kaeris waiting to activate.

Yup. Kandara is going to be in almost every Kaeris list I run and I'm thinking about taking her a lot more than I did before. When I did my 25 game challenge with Kaeris I was pretty underwhelmed. I think both upgrades, Carlos and Kandara make a huge difference for her. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kaiser Senpai said:

Someone has told me that Steamfitters can now target masters with their 'Weld Metal Plate' action. That's crazy.

Holy... I might need to paint Ironsides now...

Sandeep with armor 1 and arcane shield, aka go ahead if you're not min 3 don't even try. (huh, you could make an armor 1 incorporeal mage that would need at least 5 damage done to it to even take 1... which probably means a severe, which you can lower to a moderate with the other part of Weld metal Plate. hmmm...)

Armor on marcus is nothing to sneeze at either. He could bump it up to Armor 3 with his new path upgrade, but that's probably not worth (not sure it'll be run that much anyway.

Raspy doesn't care that much I don't think, and you can just take her new upgrade if you want it. Collette shouldn't be getting hit, so also probably doesn't care.  Ramos/Kaeris/Mei already have armor, so can't get it.

1 hour ago, BFOmega said:

Ramos/Kaeris/Mei already have armor, so can't get it.

I know you're talking about the Armor +1 trigger here, but as it was at the end of the Playtest they should still be able to get the Reinforced Sheet Armor condition which should up their survivability considerably. I would probably put that condition on my leader in any game that I brought Steamfitters, just as insurance against the RJ.

With Ironsides though, steamfitters become almost a replacement for her Iron Determination upgrade, which is very welcome in the wake of her new upgrades. I really hope this change is real just for Ironsides sake, Marcus and Sandeep don't really need it.

5 hours ago, Jinn said:

I know you're talking about the Armor +1 trigger here, but as it was at the end of the Playtest they should still be able to get the Reinforced Sheet Armor condition which should up their survivability considerably. I would probably put that condition on my leader in any game that I brought Steamfitters, just as insurance against the RJ.

With Ironsides though, steamfitters become almost a replacement for her Iron Determination upgrade, which is very welcome in the wake of her new upgrades. I really hope this change is real just for Ironsides sake, Marcus and Sandeep don't really need it.

I wouldn't say no to armor on Marcus.Anything to keep him in the game longer is good by me

47 minutes ago, retnab said:

Holy gamechanger Batman, that's one way to up their value big time! :D  Does anyone know if they still have the "do it again" trigger on :tome:tome?

They do. 

Also, I can confirm that the Weld Metal Plate action now targets "friendly model in range".

5 hours ago, Kaiser Senpai said:

I have done some scouring and have now heard the same thing from two different sources.

Keep in mind you'll still need to ditch two cards to get the scrap needed for armor, as well as a 6 in hand (assuming you toss out a crows). 3" range is a hindrance as well.

Or get scrap from elsewhere. If the pool is good for joss, 3 stones for Armor on 2 people might be worth it. I think I remember reading that our werewolf lawyer can possibly make 3 scrap turn one from a toolkit, and comes in 2 stones cheaper than Joss before upgrades. Armor on Marcus and 2 beasts could make for some interesting possibilities.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BFOmega said:

I think I remember reading that our werewolf lawyer can possibly make 3 scrap turn one from a toolkit, and comes in 2 stones cheaper than Joss before upgrades.

Yeah, he has a trigger to ignore armor and if he kills a target with armor they drop two scrap markers in addition to what they would usually drop.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Franchute said:

Question about steamfitters: their Weld Metal Plate has a trigger on a :tome:tome where they can take the action again after succeeding. Weld Metal Plate is a Ca action with no :tome included. How can you get two :tome?

Their tools for the job ability, you get the suit of the card you discard till your next activation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been reading the Broken Promises book. I'm glad to see another way to get a scrap marker with the Steamfitters, however, it is still very resource intensive to do with having to discard two cards. I would rather see it as a (1) or (2) action with no discard. Why is it so hard to get a scrap marker? The ressers can get a corpse marker real easy with their characters without much resources, and they can summon way higher cost models than spiders or gamin. I just don't get why they make it so hard to get a darn scrap marker!

7 hours ago, Hot4Perdita said:

I've been reading the Broken Promises book. I'm glad to see another way to get a scrap marker with the Steamfitters, however, it is still very resource intensive to do with having to discard two cards. I would rather see it as a (1) or (2) action with no discard. Why is it so hard to get a scrap marker? The ressers can get a corpse marker real easy with their characters without much resources, and they can summon way higher cost models than spiders or gamin. I just don't get why they make it so hard to get a darn scrap marker!

They make it that hard because Ramos can summon 8-12SS of models per turn off of them. Steamfitters are amazing with Ramos specifically because you can choose to activate them whenever a high :tome is in the discard pile, such as immediately after you've cheated one in on the first turn. I brought two of them in a Ramos game and summoned 36SS of spiders in the first three turns.

If you look at Mei Feng, she uses scrap in a much less powerful way than Ramos and Wyrd released models that made scrap generation incredibly easy with her (The Emissary and The Mechanized Porkchop)

6 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

That sounds pretty OP, to be honest. Armor +1 until the end of the game crazy powerful for someone like Ironsides and the model itself isn't useless after that. I don't understand this change from the beta at all. I guess this will boost the sales of the minis...

After seeing this and the change to Asura Rotten, I was surprised to see that the trigger on Neil Henry's attack stayed a crappier version of what the Rail Workers have on theirs.

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I realize that this is off topic but what changed with Asura?

Actually, I think it was just a change from the last beta doc I had. The final beta version might have matched what ended up in the book. Her quarantine markers didn't go away when she summoned but she needed like a 6 of crows to summon a zombie as a 1AP action. I think I liked that version better than what made it into the book. It seems like it would be more interesting to play, and to play against.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Actually, I think it was just a change from the last beta doc I had. The final beta version might have matched what ended up in the book. Her quarantine markers didn't go away when she summoned but she needed like a 6 of crows to summon a zombie as a 1AP action. I think I liked that version better than what made it into the book. It seems like it would be more interesting to play, and to play against.

she was unchanged in the last beta document, i checked (i still have it until i can change it to the digital book) 

6 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

That sounds pretty OP, to be honest. Armor +1 until the end of the game crazy powerful for someone like Ironsides and the model itself isn't useless after that. I don't understand this change from the beta at all. I guess this will boost the sales of the minis...

I don't have much of a problem with a boost for ironsides but I think it may become a problem with Sandeep. Combined with Arcane Shield, the +:tome Oxfordian Mage can now furiously cast Sandeep 18"+ up the board in three separate pushes without damaging him. That is pretty ridiculous.