Book Smart Snipers

bedjy

Hi, as a rolemaster, i was wondering about this skill and it's description...

Academicians do make wonderfull snipers since they have most of the time a huge Intel score.

Book Smart description says the character had most of the time it's head in books and that it has a pretty poor reaction time.

My concern is that the only restriction for this skill is it cannot be used for Magical challenges.

What of dramatic times ? What of getting a +flip while sniping my NPCs ?

In fact, i found it a good thing that Rifle used the Int to fight with BUT a lot of things are designed to be used during Narrative time without taking in consideration those Sniping thing.

My girlfriends sniper character from the first edition got massively Cuddled this time around. She's now a gunfighter with pistols instead. 

Rifles are great and all, and the (#) wait action makes for a good overwatch, lying in wait style of sniper but generally all the snipers have going for them, as far as I can see at least, is a high INT and a few rifles and mods with accurate to give + to attack. 

4 hours ago, sycorax said:

Rifles are great and all, and the (#) wait action makes for a good overwatch, lying in wait style of sniper but generally all the snipers have going for them, as far as I can see at least, is a high INT and a few rifles and mods with accurate to give + to attack. 

That will change soon...