Wave 5 Master Upgrades: Outcasts

WWHSD

Putting these all in one easy to read post.

Hamelin: 
Plague Pits (1ss): Place 3 Plague Swarm markers after deployment. They must be 3 at least 3 inches away from the opponents deployment zone. Enemies that start their activation or end an action within 3 of at least one of these markers gets Blighted. Enemy models can interact while in contact with the marker and discard a card to remove the marker. At the end of the turn you may discard a card to move a Plague Swarm marker 6 inches.
Useful Vermin (1ss): At the start of every turn 2 rats in LoS may be targeted by Hamelin. They place scheme markers and then are sacrificed.

Jack Daw
Growing Injustice (1ss): When a friendly guilty is killed or sacrificed, choose an unattached cursed upgrade and attach the upgrade to Jack Daw facedown. When enemy tormented model is killed with an attached cursed upgrade. Jack Daw can summon a guilty model and the cursed upgrade is removed from play.
Cursed Life (1ss): Jack Daw can heal 1 when he attaches an upgrade to another model. Draw a card when a model with a cursed upgrade is killed.  

Leveticus
Aether Shackles (1ss): Grants a 1AP action that allows you to discard any number of cards. Discard one scheme marker for each card discarded. If there are less friendly Hollow Waifs in play than there were discarded scheme markers Levi can take the Connect Soul action. Connect Soul is a 2AP action also on this upgrade. It allows Levi to summon a Hollow Waif. 
Untimely Demise (1ss): When Levi buries himself all enemies in pulse 3 take 2 damage. If that damage kills a model that isn't a peon Levi can summon an Abomination before he buries.

Misaki
Risk and Reward (1ss): Every turn before anyone spends soulstones to draw more cards Misaki may spend any numberof soul stones. That gives her a condition called Risk equal to the number of soulstones spent. At the end of every turn she heals an amount value of the risk condition. At the end of any turn after healing, Misaki may lower the condition by any amount and get a soulstone for each point that it was lowered. Enemy models may not remove this condition.
The Storm (1ss): Any blast markers that result from damaging an enemy can be placed anywhere in LoS and within 12 inches. The markers do not need to be touching. This damage may not be reduced. The Thunder action gains a trigger on crows that allows the damage to be cheated even if the flip is on negative flips. 

Parker Barrows
High Noon (1ss): Six Shooters gets a tome trigger that ignores armor. The upgrade grants a 1AP action that gives the target a condition that allows one enemy model to make a ranged attack at it after any activation in which it takes a walk or charge action. The action has a ram trigger than also gives the target slow. The condition can be removed by discarding a soulstone. When it is removed the opponent of the played that removedthe condition gains a soulstone. Also after removal this upgrade is discarded unless its owner spends a soulstone instead. 
Hidden Steel Plate (1ss): When taking damage this upgrade can be discarded to reduce the daamge by 2. When the card is discarded, nearby friendly minions get plus flips to Ml and Sh actions until the end of the turn. It also grants a zero action that ends a condition on another model. If the target isn't a bandit discard upgrade or a soulstone. It has a mask trigger that allows a second, and different, zero action  to be taken.
Conflux of Stolen Goods (0ss): The Emissary is a bandit. When the Emissary attaches a trinket to a friendlily model it can draw a card. The Emissary gets a zero action that allows a friendly model to discard an upgrade and if it was a trinket upgrade place a scheme marker.

Tara
God of Time (1ss): When out of cards Tara gets + to all flips. Friendly Void Wretches can treat Void Maw as a 1AP action. Tara gets an attack she can use once per activation. The target takes damage equal to the turn number. On a tome the Tara heals damage equal to the turn number after damaging.
Emptiness (0ss): Tara my doesn't include upgrades with the restricion of Tara when determing how many upgrades she may have. At the start of activation she can discard a Tara upgrade to as many cards as the upgrade costs. When activating she can target an enemy and if it fails a TN16 Wp duel it will take damage when buried and Tara can draw a card.

Viktoria
The Soaring Dragon (1ss): Rare 1, either Vik can equip. The Vik with this upgrade can start buried. It can bury itself again by discarding 2 cards after killing an enemy. All firendly sisters get a 0 action that allows them to discard a card to unbury a friendly sister. The unburied model can't chain activate.
Sisterly Bonds (1ss): Vik of Ashes. After an enemy gives her a condition, Vik can heal. Grants a zero action that makes a friendly minion a count as a sister until the end of the turn.

Von Schill
Oath of the Freikorps (1ss): Gives a conditon to enemies that are damaged by Von Schill that gives plus flips to models with Otherkeeper that attack it. It grants a 1 AP action that gives a Oathkeeper to a friendly Friekorp model if there aren't more than two copies on the crew. 
Nythera Aftermatch (1ss): If an enemy is pushed or placed within 6 inches Von Schill can make a Clockwork Seeker attack against it with a plus flip to the attack. When Von Schill charges he can attack any target in of his attack not just the target of the charge. He gets a 1 AP close attack that has a builing in mask trigger to place the target within 6 of where it is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Raimu said:

As I understand, yes. More interesting, can he give to himself? What's the exact wording there?

He can. It's simply "friendly freikorps model" :)

I'm probably gonna go with both new upgrades and survivalist, and then add oathkeeper afterwards (and maybe the shirt if I'd run the emissary) 

2 hours ago, Raimu said:

Sooo, Tara can stock up like 9 upgrades on her? Not very useful, but fun as hell

I think she can have 10 upgrades (her 7 including the two new ones + 3 generic). Still its pretty funny to see a master with 10 upgrades rolling around.

Meanwhile jack daw is crying in a corner...

I really like new upgrades, especially for Hamelin, as he is my main master. Plague Pits allows him to stack significant amount of Blight, especially on extraction/guard the stash scenario - I tried this upgrade in full blight crew against Yan Lo. Old man died to single Bleeding Disease, as rats, pits, kings and Benny increased his Blight to 12 during the game. Aura from The Plague helps a lot against crews with condition removal (like Chiaki).

Von Schill got a nice boost, Love Parker's new ones. Jack and Vik are good not great,  Terra's is overrates, Like Misaki's a lot as well. Hamlin is most likely getting a cuddle Hammer or this is too good for him, Levi's is nice but will have to play it to see haw good/bad it is.

I like that it's introducing some more variation in how you can play Schill.  Nythera could be really dangerous with Montressor.  

I'm excited about the Vik upgrades.  I'm seeing more possibility to send her off down the side after scheme runners early in the game, then she can pop up in the thick of it later.  I mean, the fact that Vik of Blood could reappear pretty much anywhere on the board isn't a great thing for the opponent :P

Tara's seems to make sense - just slightly counter the whole 'need to get rid of your hand' mechanic.  Good move with the void wretches.

Hamelin - I've never played with or against Hamelin, but these seem stupidly powerful.  Any 2 rats in LOS drop scheme markers?  That is really, really powerful.  And the whole thing about moving these plague swarm markers really means there's absolutely nothing your opponent can do to NOT get blighted, which seems a little unreasonable.  

No, Hamelin is not about to be busted. If people would read the Gaining Grounds 2018 rules, they would see that Nihilism will no longer work on Strategy conditions and that summoned models don't count towards the Strategy. If anything, Hamelin took a big hit and may see less play during GG18.

3 hours ago, Virtus said:

No, Hamelin is not about to be busted. If people would read the Gaining Grounds 2018 rules, they would see that Nihilism will no longer work on Strategy conditions and that summoned models don't count towards the Strategy. If anything, Hamelin took a big hit and may see less play during GG18.

It looked like the strats don't use conditions now anyway?

His summoned models 9/10 weren't doing the strategies to begin with unless a rat catcher maybe picked up a head once in a while and since no schemes now have conditions its all good. Hamelin WILL however be able to bust 2 rats for schemes markers every turn. Good luck trying to stop any scheme marker schemes with Hamelin now. He's gonna flood the board with rats, let the catchers reactivate them and get anywhere he wants to get unless you waste AP killing rats. 

• Like 2

It used to cause NPE when it was doable by Levi or the Viks. Hamelin out activating is frustrating but not an NPE. Its pretty easy to see what the hamelin player is going for and mitigating the obeys that are coming. He's good, definitely a top tier, but not an over the top one anymore. 

6 hours ago, Cedar said:

I seriously doubt that rat engine will be Cuddled as it is one of his core mechanics and changing it without complete overhaul of his theme crew would either not hit hard enough or make him useless.

I strongly disagree. He barely pays any cost in his activations. T1 you usually need 1 crow to turn 4 SS into 8 activations. Making the Rat King swap to a Rat Catcher a 2 AP would make it a lot less abusive without breaking any core mechanics.

• Like 3

On 2017-08-28 at 7:17 PM, trikk said:

I strongly disagree. He barely pays any cost in his activations. T1 you usually need 1 crow to turn 4 SS into 8 activations. Making the Rat King swap to a Rat Catcher a 2 AP would make it a lot less abusive without breaking any core mechanics.

Not a bad idea.