Wave 5 Master Upgrades: Gremlins

WWHSD

I'd say the only 2 masters I'd consider playing are Nellie and Mcmourning. I don't care for Guild models in general and at this point you barely have to use guild models to play with either master if you don't want to. I think I was just stating what defenses each guild/gremlin master had, wasn't disparaging guild.I repeat they needed buffs more than gremlins and many of them got them. And also citing my own few encounters playing as or against Brewmaster.

I think we are being a bit negative (myself included) I was going over the gremlin crier and realized it + aionus is one of the best combos in Gremlins.

This is a list in progress but I think it's a good example:

50 SS Gremlins Crew
Somer Teeth Jones + 4 Pool
 - Family Tree (2)
Skeeter (2)
Skeeter (2)
Aionus (13)
Gremlin Crier (7)
Slop Hauler (5)
Lightning Bug (5)
Lightning Bug (5)
Bayou Gremlin (3)
Bayou Gremlin (3)
Bayou Gremlin (3)

This list is pretty crazy. Turn one you:

skeeter does do it like this for Rams (cheating in for the 9) crier takes a damage draw a card.

Somer does his summoning. 

after that every gremlin within 3 of the crier and 4 of aionus basically are fast for cycle. (Bayous need 4s slops/bugs need 6s/ crier needs an 8s) So not only are these models getting fast but you are getting a stronger and stronger hand. Throw in the fact that slop can heal twice (4ap) and the lightning bugs can heal the crier and aionus 4 times if needed and now you have on turn 2  6 fast bayous (who can go drunk and reckless) fast lightning bugs a fast slop hauler and a fast crier. Also it makes suiciding a bayou even more rewarding because each card can be cycled through do it like this (three models can cast it) also it can be done with defensive stance meaning there's a high chance your getting great cards. The list might need two criers Incase one dies but again testing is needed.

As of now the crier is the only new model I like but it's looking to be a darn good one. 

I thought wyrd was trying to keep easy access to fast away from us...oops.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lame0 said:

I think we are being a bit negative (myself included) I was going over the gremlin crier and realized it + aionus is one of the best combos in Gremlins.

50 SS Gremlins Crew
 - Family Tree (2)
Skeeter (2)
Skeeter (2)
Aionus (13)
Gremlin Crier (7)
Slop Hauler (5)
Lightning Bug (5)
Lightning Bug (5)
Bayou Gremlin (3)
Bayou Gremlin (3)
Bayou Gremlin (3)

skeeter does do it like this for Rams (cheating in for the 9) crier takes a damage draw a card.

after that every gremlin within 3 of the crier and 4 of aionus basically are fast for cycle. (Bayous need 4s slops/bugs need 6s/ crier needs an 8s) So not only are these models getting fast but you are getting a stronger and stronger hand. Throw in the fact that slop can heal twice (4ap) and the lightning bugs can heal the crier and aionus 4 times if needed and now you have on turn 2  6 fast bayous (who can go drunk and reckless) fast lightning bugs a fast slop hauler and a fast crier. Also it makes suiciding a bayou even more rewarding because each card can be cycled through do it like this (three models can cast it) also it can be done with defensive stance meaning there's a high chance your getting great cards. The list might need two criers Incase one dies but again testing is needed.

As of now the crier is the only new model I like but it's looking to be a darn good one. 

I also think people are being too negative TBH. I think the weaker masters got a big boost and the top didn`t but in most factions the top didn`t get anything spectacular.

Criers and Big Brain Brin seem fine. Wrastlers seem ok. Gautreux are only good with Zoraida and Flying  Piglets are decent summons.

Glad you can already get something out of it!

1 hour ago, lame0 said:

50 SS Gremlins Crew
 - Family Tree (2)
Skeeter (2)
Skeeter (2)
Aionus (13)
Gremlin Crier (7)
Slop Hauler (5)
Lightning Bug (5)
Lightning Bug (5)
Bayou Gremlin (3)
Bayou Gremlin (3)
Bayou Gremlin (3)

*winces*

On the other hand, you're paying 13ss for the privilege, which is not exactly an 'easy' cost. Beats a skeeter, anyway. :P

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

*winces*

On the other hand, you're paying 13ss for the privilege, which is not exactly an 'easy' cost. Beats a skeeter, anyway. :P

True aionus is pricey but he only costs 1 ss more than in outcasts or 8.3% more. If ten thunders are willing to pay for burt (14% higher cost) to have one fast and reckless model I think I can handle paying aionus's price tag for 9 fast and drunk &/or reckless models (6 bayou, 2 lightning bugs & a slop). Also aionus with defensive stance on def 6 wp 7 is so annoying to kill. I love the synergy with aionus that the two lightning bugs can slow 8 (realistically 2-4) models a turn (I'm starting to think three lightning bugs is the way to go). Being greedy in terms of multiple do it like this is much easier to achieve when the discard for the suite is turning into another card. Also do over and stoning turn 1 stops being as necessary in this list because turn one if you don't get the mask in hand you can always cycle 5 times to get the mask( seeing 11 cards is more than enough). I also think bayous become really cool suicide shooters (two focused shots are interesting because with bayou two card and such + only needing to connect one shot that 6 damage severe becomes pretty consistent).

I think the the criers attack is probably one of the more painful attacks later in the turn ml 6 1/3/5 with + flips to damage if you have more cards in your hand than your opponent. It has a similar damage spread to the taxidermist (min is lower but severe is higher). In the right situation it can prevent some scoring. It has a mini walk push (ca 5 8 inch range boooo) although not great having it available to create some movement chaos isn't bad and the fact that it can move somer or fingers 9 inches (5 inch push towards the crier + 4 inch push off of loudest squeel) is nice

On 22.8.2017 at 11:09 PM, lame0 said:

later in the turn ml 6 1/3/5 with + flips to damage if you have more cards in your hand than your opponent.

Somer'S 0 - Biggest Hat --> No Cards on Both Hands, you Cycle cards with Bugs to get the +, is that possible ? ...also ur opponent couldnt cheat then. 

2 hours ago, Wyrdou said:

Somer'S 0 - Biggest Hat --> No Cards on Both Hands, you Cycle cards with Bugs to get the +, is that possible ? ...also ur opponent couldnt cheat then. 

Bigger hat than you is a (1) action. you could use it but you need to end up with more cards so a suicide bayou could get you card advantage again. The bugs ability discards the card at end of turn. Its still cool to get some new cards before you start the new turn (or to save a card before bigger hat than you) but if you use it that card is gone till end of turn. 

3 hours ago, Wyrdou said:

If you want card advantage take a banjoista and Sammy. You get to draw 3 cards with a gremlin dies and Sammy will let you discard a card to redraw something.

Sammy with encouragement also lets somer get easy + flips to win duels and blow up enemies

On 22/08/2017 at 5:26 PM, trikk said:

I also think people are being too negative TBH. I think the weaker masters got a big boost and the top didn`t but in most factions the top didn`t get anything spectacular.

Sure playing for fun we got lots of new things, but Hamlin should have got a Cuddle, but instead got a rather large boost as did the 'point n click' Vix.  Also believe ressers top masters got even better.  That does seem to be a bit counter intuitive and not really balancing the factions.   

I was hoping for a different way of playing Somer.  No summoning +1sh +1dam on melee sort of thing.  It's not as if he needs a boost, but nor did Nico..

• 1 month later...