Wave 5 Master Upgrades: Neverborn

WWHSD

Putting these all in one easy to read post.

Collodi 
Four Arms (1ss): Grants a 1 AP close attack. If it deals moderate or higher damage draw a card. The attack has two triggers. On a mask (built in) Colloodi increases the duel total for each other nearby Puppet. On a crow the attack gives a condition that prevents the target from declaring walk actions while engaged until the end of the turn.
Doll Collection (1ss): Friendly puppets can be used turn Doll Markers into scrap markers. It damages the puppet. Collodi gains a 1AP action that allows him to place doll markers.

Dreamer
Growing Up (1ss): Limited. The Dreamer gets +4 Wd and Cg 7. He gets an extra Ml AP and can't be damaged while buried. He gets a 1 AP close attack action that can raise or lower waking by one after damaging. It has a trigger on a mask that allows The Dreamer to swap places with a nearby friendly Nightmare. 
Sleep Cycles (2ss): LCB can chain activate if the Dreamer's activation ended due to being buried. When LCB ends his activation The Dreamer can chain activate. Friendly Daydreams get a 1AP close attack (Ml 5 and 2/2/3 track).

Jakob Lynch
Burn Out (2ss): If an enemy with Brilliance is killed near Lynch or the Hungering Darkness Lynch can discard two cards to summon a Depleted. The Depleted takes damage when summoned.
Cheating Bastard (1ss): Limited. Nearby friendly models cheat fate second even when losing. When Lych activates he can reveal any number of cards. Each mask he reveals adds an additional effect. 1 mask - enemy model get Under The Influence, 2 masks - place two scheme markers (one next to Lynch and the other next to Huggy if he's out), 3 masks all friendlies heal 2 daamge.

Lilith
The Land Consumes (1ss): Litlith's close attacks get a trigger that allow her to place a Consuming Land marker within an inch of a target she damages. When Lilith activates she places a Consuming Land marker (severe, hazardous terrain). Nearby friendlies ignore hazardous terrain and Lilith gets a healing flip if an enemy is killed by hazardous terrain.
The Song of Blood (1ss): If a nearby enemy is killed by Black Blood or Black Blood Pustule Litlith can place a scheme marker. If a friendly model is killed by Black Blood then Liltith can draw a card. Lilith gets a zero action that allows her to heal two damage on another friendly model with Black Blood. There's no flip to use this ability.

Lucius
Deep Pockets (1ss): Limited. Grants Arcane Reservoir and at the start of Lucius's activation you can discard a card to draw a card. If the discarded card was higher you can discard the card you just drew to draw a new card.
Condescending (1ss): If the opponent has less VP Lusius may discard an enemy scheme marker when he activates. When Devil's Deal kills a friendly model add a soulstone to the cache. Lucius gains a 1AP attack that gives the target a condition that keeps them from cheating fate until the end of the turn.

Pandora
Rile Them Up (2ss): Incite can be taken as a 1 action if Pandora discards a card once per turn. Self Loathing and Harm get a mask trigger that gives the target is treated as possesing an attack that is ranged and close and deals 2/3/4 whose damage cannot be reduced.,   
Woe Is Me (2ss): 4 Woe models may be added to the crew. If Misery kills an enemy, a Poltergeist can be summoned. Pandora gets a 1AP action that allows her to summon a Sorrow off of an enemy with a condition. The target may end any number of conditions. Needs a 10 of masks or higher to summon.

Titania
Pact With The Grave Spirit (1ss): Limited. Titania may add the suit of her choice when declaring triggers against enemy leader and she deals an extra damage to them. Enemies with 3 can't use soulstones or heal. Pandora gets a 1AP attack that deals damage equal to the amount of damage that the target has already taken. It has a trigger on crows to drop a scheme marker if the target is killed by the attack.
Royal Indignation (1ss): Limited. Living minions and enforcers lose living and gain undead and fae. Titania reduces damage from minions and peons by 2 and enforcers and henchmen by 1. She gets a 1AP attack that gives armor to another target friendly fae model without the armor condition.
Primeval Conflux (0ss): When the Emissary is near a Hungry Land marker it may add the suit of its choice to duels. It also grants a zero action that that gives one of four effects to a friendly fae, armor, heal 2, engaged enemies get burning, or place a scheme marker. Like other Conflux upgrades, this is for the Emissary.

Zoraida
Powerful Control (2ss): Obey gets a double mask trigger than lets the model take a Charge action instead of a 1 AP attack. Bewitch gets a double mask trigger than let's Zoraida take an Obey action against the same target.
Poisoned Fate (1ss): Nearby Enemy models with conditions suffer 2 damage when they cheat fate. Zoraida gets a 1AP attack that deals that can only attack models with conditions. It deals damage equal to the number of cards in the controller's hand (max of 4). It has a trigger on crows that gives the target slow. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Can't wait to see how these upgrades play out on the table. Zoraida interests me a lot now, and Pandora's ability to summon seems really fun :D Collodi could dish out a lot of damage now I bet, and Lilith's ability to heal things is probably better than the Shaman's and doesn't even require a card. I usually only run her with 2 upgrades so if it turns out to be effective there's room :D

Thanks for writing out this thread, I'm really excited to see how all this works on the table top. 

33 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Yeah, but Titania definitely now has a 40ss crew to choose from, because that conflux upgrade is simply amazing.

Very true. Given the aesthetic the model fits most with Titania anyway so that was a nice coincidence.

Goes well with Royal Indignation too because any model in the crew can be targeted by it.

I'd actually say 39ss, because Pact with the Grave Spirit or Royal Indignation will always be taken. I'm leaning towards Royal Indignation more, due to the synergy with the Emissary.

1 hour ago, catbat07 said:

Collodi got nothing (which, tbh was expected)

"Nothing" seems like a strange evaluation of those upgrades. He got a way to create the resource he needs to summon out of thin air, which is something he's never really had before - it changes him from an attrition summoner to an expansion summoner, which to my mind is quite a big deal. The melee attack upgrade will probably have less impact, although a clustered puppet-ball would give him the highest effective Ml stat in the game by quite some margin, and extra card draw is never a bad thing. Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with Collodi to see how that equates to "nothing", though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kadeton said:

"Nothing" seems like a strange evaluation of those upgrades. He got a way to create the resource he needs to summon out of thin air, which is something he's never really had before - it changes him from an attrition summoner to an expansion summoner, which to my mind is quite a big deal. The melee attack upgrade will probably have less impact, although a clustered puppet-ball would give him the highest effective Ml stat in the game by quite some margin, and extra card draw is never a bad thing. Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with Collodi to see how that equates to "nothing", though.

He already has a ca 7 with 2 focus attack if he goes props so he generally hits what he wants. If the damage track is 2/3/5 it's only one better on severe than his normal attack and without some of the best triggers in the game. Card draw is nice though.

Summoning is good but it requires 2ap plus a mask of 9 or higher or a stone to get a 3/4ss model, which is quite a lot of resources.

As most people thinks a limited and strum are auto take this will leave you with 4 upgrades competing for last spot. Not counting the generic ones that some also like on him.

Honestly I don't think it's going to really change his play style, but I might be wrong.

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

He already has a ca 7 with 2 focus attack if he goes props so he generally hits what he wants. If the damage track is 2/3/5 it's only one better on severe than his normal attack and without some of the best triggers in the game. Card draw is nice though.

Summoning is good but it requires 2ap plus a mask of 9 or higher or a stone to get a 3/4ss model, which is quite a lot of resources.

Am I missing something? Extra Thread is a (1) tactical. If the extra 1ap you're adding is from placing a Doll marker, I don't think that's really fair. The scrap marker is a byproduct. The main purpose is teleporting puppets around for some powerful re-positioning.

Multiple Focus can be good or bad - it increases your chance of getting a black joker, or drawing multiple high cards for a single duel. Four Arms, depending on how many Puppets are around (which will be a few) can reach Ml 10+. Unless you're hitting something with a negative to your flip, you don't need multiple Focus to get a high margin hit. Even with a negative to hit, you can brute force through with that high Ml.

Titania definitely. Royal Indignation plus Armour +1 from the Emissary makes her immune to 3 damage hits from Minions and drastically reduces other incoming damage. Combined with her Impossible to Wound and she's going to be taking a lot less damage. She can finally tank decently on top of regenerating wounds. Making living models Fae lets the Emissary target basically anything you're going to hire with Titania. Pact with the Grave Spirit is pretty good too, giving her some nice offense. But I feel Royal Indignation with its synergy with the Emissary is the winner of the wave.

Runner up for me is The Dreamer. Sleep Cycles chain activating Chompy removes a big weakness of him coming out, where the opponent can kill him before he hits. Growing Up gives The Dreamer himself a legitimate third playstyle as a beater, one which can reliably bring Chompy out to play to chain activate off.

25 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

I think Lilith is also worth mentioning as getting a good upgrade. The hazardous terrain markers from her, and healing when hazardous train kills an enemy, it's a pretty strong upgrade.

The best thing about Lilith is that you usually only spent two upgrades, si os easy to try the new ones.

Also, combine markers, forest markers, waldgeist, Emissary and cyclops...

1 hour ago, Azkral said:

The best thing about Lilith is that you usually only spent two upgrades, si os easy to try the new ones.

Also, combine markers, forest markers, waldgeist, Emissary and cyclops...

I always have 3 upgrades. Beckon Malifaux is stapled to her card. Wings of Darkness is on there like 95% of the time, and her last upgrade is going to be between Aether Connection, Living Blade and Wicked Mistress.

I haven't actually read the upgrades, but from what's written above I don't see myself taking the melee attack. The amount of situations where I would want or need a melee attack are few and far between. This is mainly because Pull the Strings is amazing, and he can consistently put out 12 damage at range, ignoring cover, while giving out conditions. The doll summoning would be pretty good with a widow weaver.