Wave 5 Master Upgrades: Guild

WWHSD

Putting these all in one easy to read post.

Hoffman
Improved Harness (1ss): Hoffman gets armor and nearby friendly constructs can't have their armor ignored. It also grants a zero action with no flip required that allows Hoffman to place within 6.
Pnuematic Upgrades (2ss): Hoffman can increase the range of Ca actions by two for every model he drops out of his Power Loop. Hoffman gains a 1AP action that allows him to attach the Cyborg upgrade to a friend model that is Guild and not a construct.
Cyborg (0ss): Rare 3. Cannot be purchased. Makes the equipping model a construct. If the model uses Power Loop to alter on of its stats it ends the Power Loop condition on itself. As a zero action an unused Modification upgrade can be attached.  

Lady Justice
Swordfighter (1ss): Gives a 2 AP action that allows you to place Lady J within 4, make a 1 AP Ml attack, and then place her within 4 again. If the attack damaged an enemy Lady J gets a condition that gives her + flips and a mask on all Df duels until her next activation. She gets a zero action that allows her to get + flips against an Enforcer or better enemy model until the end of the turn.
Ashwood Coffin (2ss): Gives a 1 AP attack that can bury non-Leader enemy models. Also gives a 1 AP attack that can target buried models.

Lucius
Deep Pockets (1ss): Limited. Grants Arcane Reservoir and at the start of Lucius's activation you can discard a card to draw a card. If the discarded card was higher you can discard the card you just drew to draw a new card.
Condescending (1ss): If the opponent has less VP Lusius may discard an enemy scheme marker when he activates. When Devil's Deal kills a friendly model add a soulstone to the cache. Lucius gains a 1AP attack that gives the target a condition that keeps them from cheating fate until the end of the turn.

McCabe
Cloak of Invisibility (1ss): Gives Perfect Camouflage when equipped to McCabe. It gives Disguised and Don't Mind Me when attached to anyone else.
Loot Bag (1ss): When the model with upgrade activates it can discard a McCabe upgrade to attach a different McCabe upgrade that is not already in play.

McMourning
Guild Coroner (1ss): When McMourning kills an enemy with a close attack he can place a scheme marker next to a different enemy. He can then take one of the two zero action that this card gives him. The first discards corpse markers within 3 and gives a soulstone for every two that get discarded. The second discards a nearby corpse marker to draw 2 cards and discard 1.
Test Subjects (1ss): Up to four models that are beasts or academics may be hired. They cannot be gamin. Friendly beasts and academics heal 1 when they activate near McMourning.

Nellie
Editor In Chief (2ss): If you have more VP than your opponent friendly models heal when they activate and get a plus flip on Wp duels. Nellie gets a zero action that allows her to discard a soulstone to replace one of her unrevealed schemes with another scheme from the pool. If she does then she discards this upgrade.
Alternate Facts (2ss): When nearby enemies place scheme markers Nellie gets Evidence. Propaganda gets a trigger on rams that gives a condition to a non-Leader target that causes damage everytime that model damages another model with an attack. Nellie gets a zero action that allows her to draw cards equal to her evidence and then end evidence.
Conflux of Propaganda (0ss): Emissarygains a mask trigger on Rule of Law that gives Nellie evidence when succeeding against enemies. It gets a zero action that grants a condition that lets the Emissary's crew draw 3 cards when the target activates. The target can take choose to take damage to reduce the number of cards drawn. Like other Conflux upgrades, this is for the Emissary.

Perdita
Shooting Cans (1ss): Perdita can remove scheme markers at range. The further away it is the higher the TN. On a tome she can target another scheme marker with the action. It must be further away than the first and the trigger can only be declared once per turn.
Fastest Draw In Malifaux (1ss): +2 to initiave flips. If you lose Initiative you draw a card.

Sonnia 
No More Masks (1ss): When using the Confiscated Lore Action Sonnia can choose to add blasts to moderate and severe Ml. When Sonnia damages a model with a close attack she deals burning and may push the target 2 inches.
Cherufes Parting Gift (1ss): Friendly Purifying Flame gains Witchhunter. Whichhunters by chain activate with other Witchhunters. If a burning enemy is killed a Purifying Flame may be summoned if no other friendly models were summoned as a result of the enemy death.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Sonnia 
No More Masks (1ss): When using the Confiscated Lore Action Sonnia can choose to add blasts to moderate and severe Ml. When Sonnia damages a model with a close attack she deals burning and may push the target 2 inches.

The target or herself?

4 hours ago, RustAndTheCity said:

Wow, interesting. I first thought it meant using his 0. Very cool if he can do an additional 0.

It means that melee attacks instead of expunge may be more worthwhile.

How?

Melee attacks are (1). Expunge is (0). They don`t really fight for resources.

My issue with the upgrade is that it has super high competition. Plastic Surgery is awesome. On The Clock is awesome even if you take 1 nurse and then you`re left with the beast thing or this one or badge of office.

23 minutes ago, trikk said:

How?

Melee attacks are (1). Expunge is (0). They don`t really fight for resources.

My issue with the upgrade is that it has super high competition. Plastic Surgery is awesome. On The Clock is awesome even if you take 1 nurse and then you`re left with the beast thing or this one or badge of office.

I often rancid transplant (with plastic surgery upgrade) and expunge instead of melee attacks. The competition for 0 actions exists now with injection. I'm interested to see how this changes up his playstyle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trikk said:

But what does it change if you kill someone from Ml or Expunge?

Healing? Stuff that is tricky to hit with casts? If you have promises nearby? Not sure but I'm sure there are cases. Alao the other way around with incorp and stuff.

5 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

He has that (0) to make another ml attack. After that you could perhaps expunge a larger stack or something? 

He's going to have to do some tough upgrade choices.

I think you need to read above my posts.

How does the upgrade makes you change your decisions in Expunge vs Melee attacks? Both kill models. Both let you place corpses and both let you make a (0).

10 minutes ago, trikk said:

I think you need to read above my posts.

How does the upgrade makes you change your decisions in Expunge vs Melee attacks? Both kill models. Both let you place corpses and both let you make a (0).

True. Style points? :D

Someone seemed to think it gave instinctual so you wouldn't need to choose between (0)s and do both. I think that was the thing.

• Like 1

Rancid Transplant isn't a "melee attack" in the sense we're using it here and that is the setup being used for Expunge since it stacks more poison faster. And another reason to use rancid transplant instead is much better range on that than on the scalpels. The kill doesn't change but the method sure does.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...