Wave 5 Master Upgrades: Ressers

WWHSD

Putting these all in one easy to read post.

Kirai
Vengence Will Be Mine (1ss): Nearby enemy models do not remove the Adversary condtion at the end of the turn.
Ectoplasm (1ss): Kirai can place scheme marker next to a friendly spirit that dies during her activation. The model may not be a peon. Friendly Seishin count as Undead for the Malevolence ability. They my be effected but aura effects from Kirai or her totem.

McMourning
Guild Coroner (1ss): When McMourning kills an enemy with a close attack he can place a scheme marker next to a different enemy. He can then take one of the two zero action that this card gives him. The first discards corpse markers within 3 and gives a soulstone for every two that get discarded. The second discards a nearby corpse marker to draw 2 cards and discard 1.
Test Subjects (1ss): Up to four models that are beasts or academics may be hired. They cannot be gamin. Friendly beasts and academics heal 1 when they activate near McMourning.

Molly
Forgotten Items (2ss): Models Molly summons may prevent damage based on the number of scheme markers within 3 instead of the number of enemies within 3. When a friendly scheme is revealed draw 2 cards.
Back on the Job: (2ss): After deployment you can look at your opponents schemes. They don't need to tell you what variables they have selected. Molly gets a 1 action that allows her to discard an enemy scheme marker and draw a card.

Nicodem
Their Last Breath (2ss): While attached to Nicodem, when a friendly Resser model in LoS is killed. It fully heals and gets this upgade attached to it. A model other than Nicodem with the upgrade has a condition that limits the amount they can heal and causes them to take damage when they activate. It also removes living and grants undead.
Circling Buzzards (1ss): On the first turn, after initiative, you can place a corpse marker on the centerline for every 2 cards that you discard. Nicodem gets a 1 action that allows him to summon a vulture off of a corpse marker. There is a trigger that places a scheme marker next to the vulture.

Reva
Riders in the Sky (1ss): The target of a Reva's charge must pass a Tn12 Horror Duel. Reva gets a 0 action that allows her to blast from every corpse marker in play. The blasts cause a models to pass a Wk 12 duel or gain burning. There is a trigger that forces models with burning to also pass an easy Horror duel.
Specter or Death (1ss): Limited. Reva may draw Los range from friendly Spirits for her Ca attacks if she is not engaged. Ethereal Reaping gains a crow trigger to summon a Seishin when killing a living enemy.
Conflux of the Reaper (0ss): Friendlies can treat the Emissary as a corpse marker. It takes damage when they do. The upgrade is discarded if the effect discards corpse markers. The Emissary gets a zero action that alows the Emissary to discard a card to move to be placed on a corpse marker. If a crow is discarded then the corpse marker can be moved. Like other Conflux upgrades, this is for the Emissary.

Seamus
AKA, Sebastian Baker (1ss): Seamus may hire up to 4 living Showgirls. Seamus may summon living Showgirl minions instead of Belles.  They lose living and gain undead from both of those effects. Seamus gets a 0 action that allows him to place a friendly scheme marker in constact with terrain.
Do You Know Who I Am? (1ss): Once a turn Seamus may deal damage to an enemy that passes a Horror Duel. On a severe damage flip Seamus's Horror Duels increase their TN. Seamus gets a 0 action that forces all enemies in 3 to pass a TN 12 Horror Duel. It has a trigger on crows that allows you to push any models that passed the duel.

Tara
God of Time: When out of cards Tara gets + to all flips. Friendly Void Wretches can treat Void Maw as a 1AP action. Tara gets an attack she can use once per activation. The target takes damage equal to the turn number. On a tome the Tara heals damage equal to the turn number after damaging.
Emptiness: Tara my doesn't include upgrades with the restricion of Tara when determing how many upgrades she may have. At the start of activation she can discard a Tara upgrade to as many cards as the upgrade costs. When activating she can target an enemy and if it fails a TN16 Wp duel it will take damage when buried and Tara can draw a card.

Yan Lo
Follow Their Footsteps (1ss): Yan Lo gets Chi when your opponent gets VPs. Yan Lo can can Chi by discarding an Ancestor upgrade. He may then lower his Chi to attach an ascendant upgrade.
Awakening (1ss): Limited. Yan Lo can take two different zero actions during his activation. Lightning Dance may be taken as a zero. Lightning Dance gains a tome trigger that causes damage and the slow condition if Yan Lo is still in base contact with the target.
Blood Ascendant (4ss): Ascendant Upgrade. Grants Casting Expert and a close attack action that heals all friendly Ancestors if the target is killed by the attack.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Raimu said:

Dissapointed with McMourning, Nicodem and espessially Molly (so little effect for 2ss, where some masters got incredible stuff for 1ss)

What could possibly be disappointing with either of Molly's?  One totally changes her summoning game, and the other lets you start the game knowing next to everything your opponent will be trying to do, plus a flip-free enemy scheme remover. >.>

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, entropolous said:

His new ones are much better in guild

That's good for Guild McMourning, he deserved a bit of love after all this time. :)

6 minutes ago, retnab said:

What could possibly be disappointing with either of Molly's?  One totally changes her summoning game, and the other lets you start the game knowing next to everything your opponent will be trying to do, plus a flip-free enemy scheme remover. >.>

The first one is good, my complain about the price where some other masters in other factions received comparable powerfool tools for 1ss. The second one... If it gave the variables, maybe it would be more game changing, but like this - man, I see FfM in list, I'm pretty sure it will be on that nasty beater who runs to me, usually you do not need computer science or magic from upgrade to predict your opponents schemes. Not for 2ss and upgrade slot. And marker remover - Levi can discard any number of cards to discard any number of Scheme markers and summon waif, it looks much more powerful (though resourse intensive, yes, everything has it's downside) scheme denial with some activation control to me then (1) discard marker, take a card on master. All this just IMHO, of course ;)

Molly was a very powerful master before the upgrades and so didn't need nor deserve getting even more power. Her upgrades are fine, especially considering most actual competitive builds I see of her never use more than 1 of her limited and usually Take Back the Night.

Most of the more powerful 1SS upgrades went to lesser masters, so direct comparison of upgrade effects to costs probably isn't a good idea.

Though to be fair I do feel there are some spectacularly badly designed upgrades in the total set.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spikes said:

Is there any restrictions on Seamus' showgirl summon? Includes Enforcers? 

I chuckled imagining him bringing Carlos in his crew. Seamus has had a change of taste? 

Seamus carries around a tube of lipstick and a ratty wig so he can make belles out of any corpses he happens to makefind. ANY.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is applying similar conditions to the abduction and murderhiring of showgirls. :P

Believe so. Otherwise it would be astoundingly potent, and well worth that third upgrade slot. As is, it's more situational, and one will probably summon off of models early game, then if necessary summon off markers for more wounds later in the game than you'd get with models. Personally, I think it could be promising with Drowned. Drop them into your enemies early to tarpit, then when they die and drop their scheme markers, you can summon off the scheme markers which should be more prevalent at that time.

My only question is if enemies still have to take that Wp test if you summon with scheme markers. Losing that would hurt the upgrade quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Pyrflamme said:

Drop them into your enemies early to tarpit, then when they die and drop their scheme markers, you can summon off the scheme markers

from what I have heard you can't: I was told you can summon only from enemy scheme markers, which makes that upgrade awfully situational (how often you see more markers than models in one area?). what makes it interesting is that now you can finally summon in a safe spot, next to the isolated scheme marker to deny a scheme (e.g. Claim Jump) or to turn your summon into another scheme runner.

my general impression is that both new upgrades for molly are relatively weak, unless new GG require a lot of scheme markers and enable non-obvious scheme choices. knowing what schemes your opponent has chosen seems potent unless you realize how often you guess them before the end of turn two after eight months of current GG.

• Like 1

Knowing the enemy scheme markers could be nice but your opponent knowns your upgrade before choosing schemes so he could choose for example frame for murder and you know nothing more than to not kill anything because of not knowing which model the target is

Maybe it will be stronger on the table than in my thoughts...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, unti said:

Knowing the enemy scheme markers could be nice but your opponent knowns your upgrade before choosing schemes so he could choose for example frame for murder and you know nothing more than to not kill anything because of not knowing which model the target is

Maybe it will be stronger on the table than in my thoughts...

Most schemes don't name models and frame is likely to be a lot less common in gg18. Some schemes will likely be a lot harder to do against an opponwnt who knows you are doing them. You will also know for certain that they don't have frame so then you cab go to town. Knowing 100% what they are trying to do is a really stong ability, can't believe anyone qouls.complai about that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

from what I have heard you can't: I was told you can summon only from enemy scheme markers,

You can do both just not at the same time.  The rule says you MAY reduce wounds suffered my the number of scheme markers instead of the number of enemy models.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, entropolous said:

You can do both just not at the same time.  The rule says you MAY reduce wounds suffered my the number of scheme markers instead of the number of enemy models.

Any scheme markers? Sounds pretty versatile to me if that's the case. Less dependabt on youe opponent. 

1 hour ago, entropolous said:

His answer was in reference to the question of any scheme markers or only enemy scheme markers.

In summary, as you've mentioned, it's either reduce wounds suffered based on enemy scheme markers or enemy models, not a mix, and not off friendly scheme markers.