Wave 5 Master Upgrades: Arcanists

WWHSD

Putting these all in one easy to read post.

Colette
Audience Particiapation (2ss): Friendly showgirls that activate near Colette get the focussed condition. Colette gety a zero action that puts a condition on an enemy minion near a friendly scheme marker that allows Colette to spend their first AP when they activate.
Dancing Blade (1ss): Colette can discard a friendly scheme marker to take The Saber Trick as a 1 action instead of a 0. As a 1 action it deals slow when damaging. Saber Trick gets a mask trigger to discard enemy scheme markers.

Ironsides
Veteran Fighter (1ss): Ironsides gets adreniline when activating. Brass Knuckles gets a ram trigger to heal Ironsides an amount equal to the damage her target suffers before reductions.
Union President (2ss): Ironsides can choose not to heal decrease Adeniline at the end of the turn. She gets a zero action that forces enemy models within 8 to pass a Wp 14 duel to be able to target any model but her with an action.

Kaeris 
Flaming Angel (2ss): Kaeris gets 1 action that allows her to push 8 inches and ignore models. Any model she flies through gets burning. Immolate gets a double tome trigger that deals burning to enemies within pulse 3 of the target.
Heat Wave (2ss): Limited. Enemy models that start and/or end their activation within 3 of Kaeris get burning. Gives an tactical action that gives enemies a condition that Kaeris can shift burning on to. The condition reduces all duesl totals for the model with it.

Marcus
The Gods Path (1ss): Limited. Disengaging strikes deal damage. This works like other Marcus limited buffs. The conditions to choose from give Armor +2, +1 Ca, or deal 2 damage to enemies that end their activation inside Marcus's engagement range.
Venomancy (1ss): Gives shillelagh a trigger that does an amount of poison equal to the number of crows (I think) in the final duel total. Marcus gets a 0 action that gives the poision condition to all models within 3 of the targeted friendly beast. The wording makes it look like the target beast gets the condition as well. Marcus and friendly beast Henchmen in his line of sight cause enemy models near them to take 2 points of posion damage instead of 1.

Mei Feng 
Rail Lines (1ss): Nearby friendly Foundry members get +1Wk if they activate with 8 of Mei. Railwalk get a mask trigger that allows Meil to take a nearby friendly model with her.
Press the Advantage (1ss): Once per activation Mei can declare triggers from a different attack action than what she had taken. All Mei's Ml actions gain a trigger that allows her to Railwalk on a crow and a mask.

Ramos 
Vox Populi (1SS): Gives a zero action that is an attack that turns the target into a peon that can't interact and a 1 action that place terrain markers that are treated as hazardous and severve but only by enemies.
Leviathan Power Core (1ss): Gives a condition that increases the range of electrical fire when anyone uses or loses a soul stone. The condition can be lowered by 1 for a plus on a duel, 2 for extra damage on Electrical Fire, 3 for extra Ca, 4 for Fast.   

Rasputina
Enveloped in Ice (2ss): Rasputina gets +1 Wk, Armor +1, and once per turn can take an attack action against an enemy that ends its activation inside her engagement range. She gets a close attack that with a 2/3/5 damage track that can be reduced is the target is slow or paralyzed. It has a trigger that gives slow.
Frozen Servents (2ss): Rasputina can summon Ice Gamin off of a scrap marker (needs a 7 of tomes) or an Ice Golem (needs an eleven of tomes and a stone for a another tome). The summons model comes in with damage. Friendly Frozen Heart models get a 0 action that allows them to consume a corpse marker to heal themselves.

Sandeep
Tutelage (1SS): Sandeep can use a Ca action from a Friendly Academic. Gives a 0 action that makes another friendly model an acedemic and gives it a a + flip to Ca actions.
Moment of Weakness (1ss): Limited. Sandeep's melee attack adds burning. Sandeep may be tossed by friendly models. Sandeep's melee attack gets tome triggers to summon Banasuva or to push a friendly banasuva towards his target.
Conflux of Mysticism (0ss): The Emissary becomes a Gamin and gets a version of Beacon that allows friendly models to use his Ca actions. Like other Conflux upgrades, this is for the Emissary.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Initial reactions: I want everything :D 

But seriously, it sounds like things are shaking up quite a bit here.  I suspect nobody's going to have a solid tier list on the masters going for a few little while from all this.  I'm most excited by Ironsides, Kaeris, and Ramos (not surprising since I play them the most lol).

I've got a feeling Kaeris getting to super-solo with Heat Wave is going to totally change how she'll play, giving models flat duel reductions sounds kind of incredible (imagine getting that Condition on a summoner, you'll break their poor undead hearts!).

Ramos' are the ones I'm most interested in just for the sake of it giving him more things to do, and getting to do min 3 damage ranged shots at a better range should really help him do more than just summon and be an aura-bot.

Rasputina's in particular also look like real game changers for her (and the Ice Golem too, which might start seeing more play!).  I think I might get some more games in with her now that she's not purely ranged murder and ice walls.

Sandeep's new Limited seems really interesting, being able to summon Banasuva off of just a Tome in melee's quite the change, I want to give that a shot (though it'll be hard giving up my Visions).  Tutelage sounds like a very interesting one, I think there's going to be a lot of debate on whether it's more important to give something like Greed or a Silent One the +'s or to give something Academic with Sandeep built to support it.

Colette's sound fun, her getting her 2nd upgrade that changes up how her Saber works now means if you want you can probably build her more directly aggressive.  I've got a feeling Audience Participation is going to be a bit more niche of a pick, but the Focused should really help land the Siren's Calls, Lures, and Ice Paths.  The restriction on minion near a friendly scheme seems a bit tough but I imagine having it more flexible would kind of break her again (imagine if it was Enforcer?  Oof.), and as is it can basically destroy the intended activation of the model.  Seems like it'll be incredible against some crews and so-so against others.  Very curious in particular to see how that one gets used.

Mei Feng's both sound good, instinctively I want to say that Press is the more fun sounding one but Rail Lines giving her more crew support means maybe I can start winning some games with her, which is good :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retnab said:

Sandeep's new Limited seems really interesting, being able to summon Banasuva off of just a Tome in melee's quite the change, I want to give that a shot (though it'll be hard giving up my Visions).  

I like the idea of a mostly non-summoning Sandeep smacking things with his Gada to pop out Banasuva. What worries me is that it is an on damaging trigger and Sandeep is stuck with a 1/2/3 damage track. I'm afraid that he'll end up in too many situations that he won't be able to get out the big blue guy when he needs him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retnab said:

Mei Feng's both sound good, instinctively I want to say that Press is the more fun sounding one but Rail Lines giving her more crew support means maybe I can start winning some games with her, which is good :P

You weren't winning games before? Oh dear.. you must not have a meta that gets its feelings hurt badly by antimagic/antishooting mojo.

6 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Mei Feng 

Rail Lines (1ss): Nearby friendly Foundry members get +1Wk if they activate with 8 of Mei. Railwalk get a mask trigger that allows Meil to take a nearby friendly model with her.
Press the Advantage (1ss): Once per activation Mei can declare triggers from a different attack action than what she had taken. All Mei's Ml actions gain a trigger that allows her to Railwalk on a crow and a mask.

I definitely see the crew support aspect; the biggest weakness in Foundry models in general was always their relatively low walk stat. Now Kang and the Rail Workers can move at a good clip while working for her. As can Metal Gamin and the Rail Golem, which might help them get a little more table time. The Porkchop goes up to an astounding Walk if it started next to her, and if you're doing all the Gremlin Foundry shenanigans can get 21" of movement without charging. So that by itself is really nice. I like having workers that can go a bit further and do a bit more. I'm curious how it will go with the new Foundry Enforcer as well, especially with all the absurd potential that exists.
A mask trigger to pull people along? I really like that. Again, related to the relatively low mobility of the Foundry and Armored Core approaches to running Mei Feng--but now with a little more amusement. An example of amusement that comes to mind:
Emissary with her Conflux was already a great enabler for her own mobility. Now dial it up a notch. Instead of only having triggers to Railwalk again or attack something with a kick, she can tow along something that your opponent probably does not want to deal with having enhanced mobility. Porkchop is 50mm base, so are Large Steam Arachnids. Use something like that as a Railwalk node, Mei places on the other side of it (~8" place) and puts something like Kang, Joss, or even the Emissary on the other side of her, effectively placing them out of activation to a part of the table your opponent wasn't prepared for them to be at. Then they get to activate.

Weeeeeee... Seismic Claws, move over a bit, gotta try some stuff out.

Now for Press the Advantage.. On a Crow and a Mask.. Mask is built in to the Tiger Claw.. so with a stone or a good Crow, you can Railwalk to a node, trigger for Jackhammer Kick into something, copy the Rolling Ground trigger from upgraded Claws to push the victim 2" and kick them again, go for the Railwalk trigger to place and kick again (or kick something else)... then spend your next two AP venting steam? Go for more kicks and giggles? Her attacks have so many triggers that being able to copy triggers, even only once per activation is actually pretty big.
Outside of hyperaggressive use, it also gives you the ability to Railwalk into a position, kick someone, and Railwalk out all on a single AP (and non-trivial flips). If the summary isn't missing some nuance, she could use the Ca7 3" attack from Vapormancy and copy the Vent Steam trigger with the baked in Tome, then use her melee attacks without stressing about needing a Tome to have a little bit of Steam around her and her crew--letting me shoot for some of the other triggers instead. If it relies on the trigger being printed on the ability, it'll lose some flexibility, but not all--you can still set things on fire with your Jackhammer Kick off of the Tiger Claw trigger. Which sets up a Railwalk/kick combination that can put you at positives on damage with the claws when you get on target, without needing the Effigy to work its magic first.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I like the idea of a mostly non-summoning Sandeep smacking things with his Gada to pop out Banasuva. What worries me is that it is an on damaging trigger and Sandeep is stuck with a 1/2/3 damage track. I'm afraid that he'll end up in too many situations that he won't be able to get out the big blue guy when he needs him.

If the trigger isn't on damaging enemy only and you really need Big Blue, bring along someone else to smack? I need the cards to get here so that I can make sure that I've got all the context and nuance straight.

I feel like a child in a mega candy store! So many sweets and shiny things I can't decide which one to take first! 

Really excited for Kaeris as I absolutely love her and find her play style very fun and dynamic. With the new upgrade, she becomes a bit of debuff and control as well, adding to her already wide repertoire. 

Curious to see how Ironsides will work out. The challenge aura means she probably wants to go first. Was hoping she got something for WP duels as well, since there are very few ML Df attacks in my meta. 

Sandeep's versatility comes from the summoning and the attached upgrades, at least for me. Not sure how likely I'll be willing to give that up for what seems like a Banasuva only summon? Especially since Banasuva still needs gamins in sight to deal damage to when he comes in. Which means you need to have gamins around and can't summon him once they die. Unless there's something else on the card that's not mentioned yet. 

12 minutes ago, spooky_squirrel said:

If the trigger isn't on damaging enemy only and you really need Big Blue, bring along someone else to smack? I need the cards to get here so that I can make sure that I've got all the context and nuance straight.

Trigger requires an enemy to be the target. I tried to keep things paraphrased to avoid the wrath of the mods and unfortunately it ends  up missing some important details.

2 minutes ago, spikes said:

I feel like a child in a mega candy store! So many sweets and shiny things I can't decide which one to take first! 

Really excited for Kaeris as I absolutely love her and find her play style very fun and dynamic. With the new upgrade, she becomes a bit of debuff and control as well, adding to her already wide repertoire. 

Curious to see how Ironsides will work out. The challenge aura means she probably wants to go first. Was hoping she got something for WP duels as well, since there are very few ML Df attacks in my meta. 

Sandeep's versatility comes from the summoning and the attached upgrades, at least for me. Not sure how likely I'll be willing to give that up for what seems like a Banasuva only summon? Especially since Banasuva still needs gamins in sight to deal damage to when he comes in. Which means you need to have gamins around and can't summon him once they die. Unless there's something else on the card that's not mentioned yet. 

The card says to ignore Jealous Fire Lord.

9 minutes ago, spikes said:

Sweet, thanks! So we're looking at an aggressive Sandeep build. Any changes to damage track?  

Seems like I would still use the gada once and revert to his Ca attack. 

Still the same crappy 1/2/3 base track for the Gada. He gets some extra damage from Burning. I think that if you want to smash face with Sandeep then you'll want to take Commands. I think that Moment of Weakness Sandeep will probably want to bully softer targets with his Gada to summon and use his ranged attack for the heavier lifting. 

Ohhh my god I want my Book 5 and upgrade deck.

These really add amazing variety, it will make the meta do flip-flops and the angles I see means (as others have noted) it will be really interesting what match ups and strat/scheme pools are taken to what masters.

Notables for me...

Ramos gets something outside of pure summoner.

Marcus can potentially build a really nasty beast poison list.

Mei can work with her crew.

Aggressive in your face Colette option.

Ironsides actually may have to be attacked.

But the biggest one for me, the mega shot is Rasputina.  Both the upgrades really mix her up, add to an already heavily thematic master and I love them;

• Enveloped in Ice literally takes her classic weaknesses and twists them, she is slow and vulnerable especially to melee, well no more now Raspy is faster, has armor and can lay down some melee pain.  Matched with the various debuffs her crew can provide and healing potential this could make the Ice Princess a truly formidable brawler.
  • Frozen Servants is amazing, summoner Raspy 10/10 cool, it feeds off itself as the summoned Gamin die and drop scrap to resummon, and it gives the Golem value (finally) which is doubled because he can throw summoned Gamin as well.  The eating of corpse markers is icing on the cake, its a little of the man-eater theme which Raspy's story had but the crew (except Wendigo) did not, well now they do and this provides the healing to balance the summons, but corpse markers may be trickier to get then scrap so interesting options and tactics may abound.

Colette was always my first master and I had a special place for Raspy, who I've probably played the most honestly.  By the looks of things this plays to both masters crew themes (I love thematic crew selection) and really provides varied options to them, in particular feel now that I can take Colette or Raspy and cover at least reasonably any opponent and scheme/strat pool competitively. 

If this is the general flow of the Malifaux book 5 then got to say it looks like Wyrd hit it out of the park home run for my gaming experience.  I'll reserve judgement till I've seen the full product but this is ratcheting up my excitement. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Kaeris 
Flaming Angel (2ss): Kaeris gets 1 action that allows her to push 8 inches and ignore models. Any model she flies through gets burning. Immolate gets a double tome trigger that deals burning to enemies within pulse 3 of the target.
Heat Wave (2ss): Enemy models that start and/or end their activation within 3 of Kaeris get burning. Gives an tactical action that gives enemies a condition that Kaeris can shift burning on to. The condition reduces all duesl totals for the model with it.

Is one of these Limited? Someone posted that she had a limited upgrade in one of the other threads.

Flaming Angel: Even if 8" is pretty far, with a 30 mm base it's going to be hard to catch more than 1 or 2 enemies with it in most games unless you first Walk to line things up and then the AP efficiency gets questionable. Seems most useful to push out of an unwanted engagement really. Also is it locked at 8" or up to 8"? If it's "up to" it will be a lot easier to use to set fire to friendly models without walking before or after as her auras and pulses has shorter ranges. The Immolate trigger feels kind of niche really.

Heat Wave: Seems really nice for area denial for a late activating Kaeris, go near her and get burning and even 2/3/5 can be nasty with :+fate to damage. I do think you'll still want to have some models with her, she isn't that hardy. Hard to have an opinion about the other part, it feels like the devil will really be in the details here.

At first glance Heat Wave seems most likely to worth 2 SS. Surprised she got so expensive upgrades overall, as mush as I love her, Kaeris could use a little buff a think.

So I went looking in the shadier parts of the internet (i.e. 4chan) and I'm not very impressed with the second effect on Heat Wave, it's a (0) that takes a 5, is 6" pulse, and gives a condition to all enemies that starts at +0 but can be made higher by reducing burning on the effected model. It lowers by 2 at the end of the turn. So like many things that Kaeris does it takes a lot of setup to have much effect. You can reduce burning by a variable amount so at least you can retain your :+fate if you managed to stack up 2 or more burning, so that's something.

Heat Wave is limited.

Flaming Angel's Incinerating Swoop has a duel (takes a 7), is "up to", and is once per turn.

42 minutes ago, Bengt said:

Is one of these Limited? Someone posted that she had a limited upgrade in one of the other threads.

Flaming Angel: Even if 8" is pretty far, with a 30 mm base it's going to be hard to catch more than 1 or 2 enemies with it in most games unless you first Walk to line things up and then the AP efficiency gets questionable. Seems most useful to push out of an unwanted engagement really. Also is it locked at 8" or up to 8"? If it's "up to" it will be a lot easier to use to set fire to friendly models without walking before or after as her auras and pulses has shorter ranges. The Immolate trigger feels kind of niche really.

Heat Wave: Seems really nice for area denial for a late activating Kaeris, go near her and get burning and even 2/3/5 can be nasty with :+fate to damage. I do think you'll still want to have some models with her, she isn't that hardy. Hard to have an opinion about the other part, it feels like the devil will really be in the details here.

At first glance Heat Wave seems most likely to worth 2 SS. Surprised she got so expensive upgrades overall, as mush as I love her, Kaeris could use a little buff a think.

Heat Wave is limited. Looks like I missed adding that. Flaming Angel is "up to 8".

5 hours ago, Bengt said:

I'm not very impressed with the second effect on Heat Wave, it's a (0) that takes a 5, is 6" pulse, and gives a condition to all enemies that starts at +0 but can be made higher by reducing burning on the effected model.

The way I'm seeing it right now, your crew can give maybe 2 Big Threats some Burning (at least 1, preferably 2-3), have Kaeris Swoop over them for another Burning if you'd like, Accelerant on them (since both of those your opponent doesn't get a TN to stop), and Heat Wave to ruin their chances of doing anything else this/next turn depending on how much Burning they have.  Then you can bring in your big nasty beater (hello Rail Golem) who's suddenly attacking some Df 7 master when its now only Df 4 and flattens it.  Doing a v Arcanist matchup?  Now Ramos needs that 11 to summon even 2 Spiders, and Sandeep flat out can't summon Banasuva.  Against Resser summoners, even low value minions suddenly need face cards to bring in.

Considering how many people on the forums consider any stat that's below 5 to be utter trash, and Kaeris now has the ability to flat out lower every stat on multiple enemies for multiple turns, I'd say it's earned its Limited title ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am I the only one that just doesn't see a lot of change in the way they play their masters? Ironsides is the one that her new upgrades are incredibly close to auto take. I feel like she's a "working as intended" master now. Kaeris upgrades were much needed. Some thought in taking Ramos Leviathan Core. The rest....seems pretty meh. Especially Raspy. I have never worried about her getting stuck in melee ever or healing models thanks to Silent Ones. Her old upgrades are so good I just can't see taking a crazy expensive summon that I need to toss in a scrap marker engine to make work. Mei's are interesting but ultimately I don't see them making me grab her out of my bag anymore often. Marcus' upgrades are also a "why take this over his other always good" upgrades. Sandeep's Tutelage has some play (hannah, anna and lust being academics seems good), but the other is a limited so the only summon you can get if you take that one is Bana who isn't really that great.  I think once the new shiny wears off, wave 5 doesn't change a whole lot for the way I play Arcanists. Other factions definitely got some nicer toys than we did. 

Just now, Mrbedlam said:

Other factions definitely got some nicer toys than we did. 

Seamus and McMourning even got some of our toys.

Just now, Mrbedlam said:

Ironsides is the one that her new upgrades are incredibly close to auto take. I feel like she's a "working as intended" master now. 

Getting guaranteed Adrenaline is huge for Ironsides and it seems like something that should have been on the front of the card like burning is for Carlos.

• Like 1

Sandeep, with Tutelage, can make a Coryphee an academic and then take the Dance Partner 1 action (needs a 4:mask, he can stone though) to place in base contact with a friendly showgirl within 14", though he would have to discard a card to take the action. That is some very nice range, it might be worth bringing the Duet with him just for this.

Edit: Just looking over some cards, it seems that they planned for something like the tutelage upgrade when they designed Kudra; her (0) cast's illusionary forests are removed whenever her crew takes the action again, so no double LoS blocking walls for Sandeep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, retnab said:

The way I'm seeing it right now, your crew can give maybe 2 Big Threats some Burning (at least 1, preferably 2-3), have Kaeris Swoop over them for another Burning if you'd like, Accelerant on them (since both of those your opponent doesn't get a TN to stop), and Heat Wave to ruin their chances of doing anything else this/next turn depending on how much Burning they have.  Then you can bring in your big nasty beater (hello Rail Golem) who's suddenly attacking some Df 7 master when its now only Df 4 and flattens it.  Doing a v Arcanist matchup?  Now Ramos needs that 11 to summon even 2 Spiders, and Sandeep flat out can't summon Banasuva.  Against Resser summoners, even low value minions suddenly need face cards to bring in.

Considering how many people on the forums consider any stat that's below 5 to be utter trash, and Kaeris now has the ability to flat out lower every stat on multiple enemies for multiple turns, I'd say it's earned its Limited title ;) 

Oh, the end result is great (for as long as it lasts), but like most things Kaeris does she has to fly through a bunch of hoops to get there. In your example you have to get a bunch of burning on said Df 7 model first, 3 to gimp them this turn, 5 to gimp them next unless you think you can kill them this turn. And most of our burning is Df duels, especially any that comes in larger stacks.

If you are going to get significant effects on multiple models, you'll also have to spend significant AP setting them on fire first. 

Heat Wave (the action) does play into the area denial aspect of Intense Heat (the :aura ability) though. If you go near Kaeris you get some burning on you without any duels with the threat of some Heatstroke (the condition) once she activates.

In conclusion I do like the upgrade, mostly for Intense Heat, since that part just works. I think Heat Wave will be fairly situational.

---

Ironsides' upgrades both look real nice and makes me want to play her (hate the bait and switch buffbot situation). Luckily her old upgrades are kind of trash so she has plenty of space for these new ones. :)

---

Rasputina's summon upgrade look more fun than actually powerful, in a "You know that Ice Gamin that just blew up in your face? It's back!" way. Unless the opponent is obliging to bring a lot of constructs she can really only replenish her dead models since she can't magically multiply scrap like Ramos or pull it out of her ass like many ressers do with corpses. Though there might be a market for stand alone Ice Golem box now. 

The melee upgrade could have been fun if it gave her a Cg stat like Bloody Shears do. Don't really care for it as it is now.

• Like 2

So it's probably not particularly good, but I have an urge to run an area denial Ramos crew with him, Malifaux child, and Lazarus putting out 6 Strike markers a turn, and maybe add Carlos in there for the Pyre marker. If there's nothing that ignores terrain, 3/4/4 is a pretty good damage track, and that's a whole lot of coverage. Too bad each marker can only active once, so it may not be that good, but then if that matters it means that the enemy crew is mostly coming from the same place, and the Laz gets to blast his heart out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bengt said:

Oh, the end result is great (for as long as it lasts), but like most things Kaeris does she has to fly through a bunch of hoops to get there. In your example you have to get a bunch of burning on said Df 7 model first, 3 to gimp them this turn, 5 to gimp them next unless you think you can kill them this turn. And most of our burning is Df duels, especially any that comes in larger stacks.

If you are going to get significant effects on multiple models, you'll also have to spend significant AP setting them on fire first. 

Heat Wave (the action) does play into the area denial aspect of Intense Heat (the :aura ability) though. If you go near Kaeris you get some burning on you without any duels with the threat of some Heatstroke (the condition) once she activates.

In conclusion I do like the upgrade, mostly for Intense Heat, since that part just works. I think Heat Wave will be fairly situational.

---

-1 or more to all duels is pretty good. a lot of times, especially late in turn when cards in hand are dwindling, a 5 instead of a 6 on an attack is make or break. Double for Df and Wp as attacker wins ties. Not to mention models that require fairly high TN costs. Oh you ear marked a 5 masks in your hand to leap? Now it needs to be a 6. Sorry Charley. And the fact that it hits multiple models is even better. It does make me want to run Emmisary with her as the 0 to get that aoe burning will be even more important. I don't think it has to be stacked super high to be successful. She still suffers from some of her order of operations problems but I think these two upgrades go a long way into making her versatile enough to be a denial master. The choice between G&D and Heat Wave does kind of suck, but I'm ok with it. 

Good stuff for Raspy, and especially happy we might get to see Ice Golem again. Colette...uhm, I was hoping for something a bit more fun. The focus upgrade is decent, but 2SS..uhm. The other one gives an aggressive option, but then, she would need to discard quite a few markers for the aggression to be consistent...uhm.

Mei Feng thoughts.

Rail lines: The +1 Wk Ability is very good for a themed crew. As Passenger Line is a trigger it excludes doing more than one hopp or ending with a Jackhammer Kick, so you are giving up a rather useful effect when doing this, also need to get the suit. Still, can be very useful re-position something.

Press the Advantage: Fun idea, but Mei Feng's attack triggers are spread out over four (!) upgrades, so you pretty much have to decide during crew building how you are going to mix and match. Ride the Rails is useful on paper, but rather expensive to use, ridiculously so on anything but Tigger claws, as you'll need a high enough card to hit and the extra suit(s).

So, I think I'll almost always take Rail Lines and almost never Press the Advantage, it just takes too many other upgrades to actually feel that useful.