New Outcast Master upgrades?

Memnaelar

so, found this on the interwebs:

• Von Schill: have (0) to give Oathkeeper to any freikorps model, any freikorps model that have oathkeeper and attacks model that VS already has attacked gain + to duel; gains shitty ml7 attack with in-built 6" push trigger, can attack any model after charge in range and not only the target, can shoot any model that've been pushed within 6".
  • Tara: gains + to all flips when no cards in hand, wretches can make their (2) attack as (1), gains ca that deals damage equal to turn number; can take any number of upgrades, at the start of activation gives condition to one enemy that damages them when they become buried
  • Victoria: (upgrade for both of them) can begin the game buried, can become buried when kills a model, frendly sister can unbury her with (0); (only Ashes) heals when receive a condition from an enemy, can give Sister characteristic to a minion as (0);
  • Hamelin: at the start of the turn can sacrifice up to 2 Vermins within LoS to place scheme markers in btb with them; at the start of the game can place two special 50mm markers anywhere on the board that gives blighted in an 3" aura and can be removed with (1) by enemy in btb, can push them around;
  • Leveticus: explodes with 2 unreducable damage in 2" pulse everytime he dies, summon abomination when anybody non-peon have been killed by that ability; can summon waifs in exchange for a lot of cards and scheme markers discarded as (1) or just as (2);
  • Daw: heals when gives Curse and draw card when Curs-ed model is killed; Curse upgrade, gives it when any Guilty dies, summon Guilty in btb with Curs-ed model whenever any other enemy Curs-ed tormented model is killed;
  • Parker: can reduce damage by 2 with discarding of this upgrade, discarding of this upgrade gives + to ml and sh to all minions in 8", can end conditions as (0); gains ignore armour trigger to his shooters (tomes!), can debuff enemy model with (1) and shoot at debuffed model if it walked or charged in it's activation (debuffed model's crew can give ss to Parker to end this condition);
  • Emissary: Parker's conflux, becomes bandit, draws card every time he gives away trinket, can discard trinket from friendly model as (0) to draw a card and place enemy scheme marker
  • Like 2

Actually, I'm a bit more intrigued by Aether Shackles.  It doesn't specify under To Dust that you have to discard Friendly scheme markers.  Even if I'm not wanting to replenish Waifs, the opportunity to discard cards to remove Enemy Scheme markers within 8" and LOS is pretty amazing.

Is there anything I'm missing about how discarding scheme markers works?  I don't have the rules available to me to see if "discarding" scheme markers only applies to Friendly scheme markers by default but if it doesn't...  Wow.

38 minutes ago, Memnaelar said:

Actually, I'm a bit more intrigued by Aether Shackles.  It doesn't specify under To Dust that you have to discard Friendly scheme markers.  Even if I'm not wanting to replenish Waifs, the opportunity to discard cards to remove Enemy Scheme markers within 8" and LOS is pretty amazing.

Is there anything I'm missing about how discarding scheme markers works?  I don't have the rules available to me to see if "discarding" scheme markers only applies to Friendly scheme markers by default but if it doesn't...  Wow.

If not specified, you can discard enemy marker too) yeah, that's huge. But I like untimely demise more, because now I want play Leveticus in melee again)

I snuck a look at the picture of all the cards since I can't wait for my order to come in.  As a bit of penance, I'll post a summary of the powers for the rest of the list in a handful of posts.

Von Schill:
1) Gives you an Enemy Target condition that auto-applies to anyone you attack and damge that gives your models with Oathkeeper +flips on all duels against the damaged model until their next activation.  A 0-action also lets you target a friendly Freikorps model and attach Oathkeeper to them (no restrictions apply) if there are two or fewer models in your crew with Oathkeeper currently on them.  

2) Lets you target enemies pushed or placed within 6" of VS with a Clockwork Pistol shot (with a free plus flip), lets you split Charge actions against any models in range, and also gives you an amusing Clockwork punch attack that does minor damage BUT has an auto-trigger to place the target within 6" of VS.  The combo is pretty clearly called out on the card by the Arm's power name.  ;-)

Jack Daw: 

1) If you attach an upgrade to a model, you heal a damage.  Additionally, you get card drawn when a model you've Cursed dies.

2) If a friendly Guilty dies or is sacrificed, you get to attach a Curse that's not currently in the game (on Jack or an enemy) to Jack.  Likewise, if an enemy with a Curse dies, instead of reattaching the Curse, you can go ahead and summon a new Guilty in base-to-base contact and remove the Curse from the game.  So Jack gets his own small version of summoning.  Hooray!

Tara:
1) A pu-pu platter.  Gives you + flips on all flips when you're at 0 cards, lets Void Wretches Void Maw for a (1) action, and gives her a short-range CA attack that lets her do damage = to the round number, and heal herself that amount on a trigger. (1/round)
2) Upgrades that are Tara-only upgrades don't count towards her count of 3 upgrades.  She can discard said upgrades to be refunded their SS cost.  Also she gets a short-range front-card power that targets one enemy model every time she activates (wink-wink) and give it a condition that deals 2 damage to that model when it's buried, lets Tara draw a card and ends the condition.  So, two extra cards and 4 damage a turn if you plan appropriately.  Very nice.

Hamelin:

1) lets him place 3 50mm plague storms after deployment anywhere on the map including very close to the opponent's deployment zone.  The zones apply Blighted to model who activate or act near them and need an Interact and a discard to be removed from the game.  Oh, and Hamelin can move them around the map if he feels like burning his own cards.

2) Every Turn, Hamelin can target two Rats within LOS.  Hamelin can then place Scheme markers near each and then sacrifice said rats.  The possibilities are... nice.  

Vikkies:

1) Vikkie of Ashes can heal everytime she gains a Condition from an enemy and gets a 0 to share Sisterhood with a friendly Minion for a turn.

2) Either Vik can choose to take this one.  That model may start buried and can choose to bury again in subsequent rounds if they kill a model and discard a pair of cards.  All friendly sisters, even if this model's buried, then get a 0 action that lets them discard a card to unbury a friendly Sister model.  Sadly, no Chain Activations afterwards.

Levy:

1) Levy can discard any number of cards to discard one Scheme within 8" and LOS of him.  If he manages to discard more Scheme Markers than he has Waifs in play, he gets to Summon a new Waif.

2) The Levy-Bomb!  Whenever Levy buries, he pulse 3 blasts all models with 2 points of mean, irreducible entropy energy.  Losers who die to this damage (except Peons) summon Abominations to replace themselves.  Unfortunately Wyrd foresaw a world where Levy always made Hamelin cry.

• Like 1

Parker:

1) Yee-haw!  Parker's six-shooters can ignore Armor and he can also apply a Lure(!!)-range condition to a target with a CA that lets one model in range get a free pot-shot with a targeted attack at the condition-holder whenever it takes a Walk or Charge Action and ends up in range at activation's end.  The condition-holder can hand over a Soulstone to Parker to remove the condition.  Insult to injury, Parker also adds Slow on a trigger.

2) Parker can reduce one damage source by two for a discard which totally freaks out friendly Minions and gives them + flips to Melee and Shoot (awesome).    Parker also gets some cheap condition removal which is re-usable if he's focusing solely on his bandit buddies.

Parker's Burro Buddy:
Becomes a Bandit when he hangs out with Parker, gets to draw a card every time he hands out a tricket, and lets friendlies discard their upgrades to let you draw a card and, if the discarded item's a trinket, place an enemy scheme marker.

My top three favorite upgrades, in no particular order and without any real thought as to how powerful they are:

1) Hamelin's Plague Pits.  More Blighted is more wonderful and frankly, the idea of his being able to run plague pits all over town is thematically very satisfying.  

2) Leveticus getting a power that makes him something other than a beater 90% of the time.  It lets him demolish enemy scheme markers as devastatingly as he does enemy models AND oh, side benefit, it gives him his only means of replenishing Waifs.  People are going to *hate* facing this one, but what I like is that it gives Levy both an added safety if you screw up early and lose a few waifs as well as some reasons to be used in more marker-heavy pools.  Just great.

3) Von Schill amuses the heck out of me with his new clockwork arm.  He can now charge into a pair of models, punch both of them out of melee with him, and then shoot them both with plus flips.  And then burn Oathkeeper if he wants to make a second charge and do it all over again with another pair of models.  And then give himself back Oathkeeper afterwards if anyone's still standing.  Just the picture of that motivates me to play Von Schill, who's usually lowest in my interest list.

But yeah, Tara sure does look neat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Memnaelar said:

3) Von Schill amuses the heck out of me with his new clockwork arm.  He can now charge into a pair of models, punch both of them out of melee with him, and then shoot them both with plus flips.  And then burn Oathkeeper if he wants to make a second charge and do it all over again with another pair of models.  And then give himself back Oathkeeper afterwards if anyone's still standing.  Just the picture of that motivates me to play Von Schill, who's usually lowest in my interest list.

How can he punch both of them on a charge? Is that part of the upgrade? Also, I am not sure if I am reading it right, but with growing injustice can jack gain access to Suffocating Injustice without hiring the Emissary?

16 minutes ago, Memnaelar said:

My top three favorite upgrades, in no particular order and without any real thought as to how powerful they are:

1) Hamelin's Plague Pits.  More Blighted is more wonderful and frankly, the idea of his being able to run plague pits all over town is thematically very satisfying.  

2) Leveticus getting a power that makes him something other than a beater 90% of the time.  It lets him demolish enemy scheme markers as devastatingly as he does enemy models AND oh, side benefit, it gives him his only means of replenishing Waifs.  People are going to *hate* facing this one, but what I like is that it gives Levy both an added safety if you screw up early and lose a few waifs as well as some reasons to be used in more marker-heavy pools.  Just great.

The best part with Von Schill that it's place effect, so you can hit two targets on charge and throw them back in your freikorps bubble, who have oathkeepers with plus to duels... Neat. :) I think it's time Von Schill can see his play on table, Guard the Stash for example

10 minutes ago, Raimu said:

The best part with Von Schill that it's place effect, so you can hit two targets on charge and throw them back in your freikorps bubble, who have oathkeepers with plus to duels... Neat. :) I think it's time Von Schill can see his play on table, Guard the Stash for example

Indeed, Von Schill might now make the cut to my tournament roster!

And don't forget that he can throw friendly models as well! :D

9 minutes ago, Erorior said:

Indeed, Von Schill might now make the cut to my tournament roster!

And don't forget that he can throw friendly models as well! :D

Hmm, really, can throw Strongarm 6" forward for 1 Wd, not bad :)

UPD: Heck, you can throw him even over building, it's awesome

He can even throw heavy Rail Golem 6" away, that is pretty Strong Arm (pun intended)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, apes-ma said:

How can he punch both of them on a charge? Is that part of the upgrade? Also, I am not sure if I am reading it right, but with growing injustice can jack gain access to Suffocating Injustice without hiring the Emissary?

Yes, the upgrade lets him divide his charge attacks among anyone in range once he completes the initial movement of the charge.  So you could theoretically charge a model, gain LOS on another model within VS's melee and attack both.  Or, if there's a third model in range, charge model 1 but throw your knives/punches on models 2 and 3 respectively.

(the verbatim post above missed the line of the upgrade that does this)

Oh, and yeah, the exact wording allows him to take a Cursed Upgrade - no specification that it has to be a Jack Daw Cursed Upgrade.

14 minutes ago, Memnaelar said:

Yes, the upgrade lets him divide his charge attacks among anyone in range once he completes the initial movement of the charge.  So you could theoretically charge a model, gain LOS on another model within VS's melee and attack both.  Or, if there's a third model in range, charge model 1 but throw your knives/punches on models 2 and 3 respectively.

(the verbatim post above missed the line of the upgrade that does this)

Oh, and yeah, the exact wording allows him to take a Cursed Upgrade - no specification that it has to be a Jack Daw Cursed Upgrade.

Both of these things are incredibly rad. I can't wait to try out the improved recipe Von Schill! And the Jack upgrades are really interesting, especially Growing Injustice - my feeling is that it's utility hangs on how often you can get back the curses that you turn into Guilty. Parker upgrades also seem very exciting, and although I am not well versed with the Viks the burying upgrade might be super cool - ping blood in, kill some stuff, then bury to saftey?! That sounds pretty great...

1 hour ago, Memnaelar said:

Von Schill amuses the heck out of me with his new clockwork arm.  He can now charge into a pair of models, punch both of them out of melee with him, and then shoot them both with plus flips.

Not sure you can shoot both of them - when the first one is placed, you'd still be engaged with the second and be unable to take the Clockwork Seeker action. That's not to say that Von Schill isn't seriously bad-ass now, though. ;)

7 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

Not sure you can shoot both of them - when the first one is placed, you'd still be engaged with the second and be unable to take the Clockwork Seeker action. That's not to say that Von Schill isn't seriously bad-ass now, though. ;)

Ah, good point.  Missed that in the excitement.  Still, really nice.

Strongarm with Scout the field makes free Walk in the begining, Von Schill walks, throws Strongarm, walks again - we now have them both on the center line with Strongarm's full activation possible to make charge with no LoS ignoring terrain. At least 20" threat range Turn 1, 15" of which ignore terrain. I love it!

And in most extreme variant Von Schill with oathkeeper can throw him 6" further second time with 4th AP.