McMounings hiring pool

entropolous

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Basilisk, Myranda, Dawn serpent, and Rattler are the main "poison" beasts (As are Shikome, canine remains and Rogue necromancy in case you look at guild). 

Acedemic you have Kudra for giving out poison.

Waldgiests can give mobile forests, Silurids drop schemes like they are going out of fashion. 

I'm realy looking forward to coming home to my books and go looking for new toys :-D

I was thinking MLH on a Cerberus might not be too shabby. You can bounce up the board and hunt scheme runners who got too cocky turn 1 while being almost untouchable from the 3" thing. Could stop opponent schemes dead in their tracks with little risk to yourself and you also have a threatening piece poised to strike on a flank with a pretty good reach.

1 hour ago, Daysleeper said:

I think i need a Scorpius now, he just fits very nicely in my usual Mcourning list variants.
The rattler looks nice ... but that Mi5 :(

If only there was a way to flood the board in some sort of canine remains that reduced people's defence... Oh wait! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

what about amina naidu and rougarou? Amina naidu has a decent push and she can help protect rougarou. And combined with a belle's lure that could be nice.

A canine remains close to rougarou and positioned well could essentially make the rougarou ml7. So i think there's something there.

I mainly play titania at the moment and i know how brutal rougarou can be with tooth and a multitude of pushes. 

2 hours ago, Joachim said:

what about amina naidu and rougarou? Amina naidu has a decent push and she can help protect rougarou. And combined with a belle's lure that could be nice.

A canine remains close to rougarou and positioned well could essentially make the rougarou ml7. So i think there's something there.

It lacks the push triggers on attacks that the knights give you so you will have a lot less pounces with a belle and rougarou. For just a stone or two more than the rougs you could have a cerberus or rogue necro, both seem scarier than the rougarou when you can't do three push-pounces in the same activation.

14 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

It lacks the push triggers on attacks that the knights give you so you will have a lot less pounces with a belle and rougarou. For just a stone or two more than the rougs you could have a cerberus or rogue necro, both seem scarier than the rougarou when you can't do three push-pounces in the same activation.

I agree, though that's the case if you look at just killing people, this combo still allows you to pull support models out of position, break up auras, expose a glass cannon, and do damage to it.

But yeah, it's not nearly as brutal as rougarou + tooth.

3 minutes ago, Joachim said:

I agree, though that's the case if you look at just killing people, this combo still allows you to pull support models out of position, break up auras, expose a glass cannon, and do damage to it.

But yeah, it's not nearly as brutal as rougarou + tooth.

I think pulling their support out of position is the big thing there, not getting two extra damage on them. If you want to you can always follow that up with a charge from a rogue necro or cerberus and get ml 6/7 with positives to both attack and damage or if their still far away you can shoot with the necromancy and blast onto stuff. The frankly insane synergy with Tooth and the Titania marker spam is what makes them so good in neverborn, apart from that they're not so exciting for 8ss.

What about the Grootslang? I think it's a Beast--don't have the book in front of me. He's got some poison slinging and other weird abilities. Wander how they'd play into McMourning? It also occurs to me that the Grootslang could be pretty easily converted or painted to look like some sort of horrifying undead monster.

There's not as much obvious synergy, but I was wondering if anyone has tried Vidiya Guard with McM since the upgrade release. I was thinking the (0) push might be funny with McM mobility, the heal helps playing tricks with their H2K, and the bevy of triggers seems useful. McM's other new upgrade could also fuel their discard-for-focus ability, opening the door for 6 damage hits. Throw in Anima as many people are trying out anyways, and her Injured Workers passive supplements the H2K/heal mentioned previously.