Grootslang...any Stats?

Nikonthenet

I don't have the beta files to hand, but what I remember....:

Get to place a "lair" marker or two at beginning of game, can place additional ones during the game in exchange for eating either scrap or corpse if I remember correctly.
+ to all non-damage flips when in b2b with a lair marker or terrain. Can teleport between lair markers.

Came off as a relatively mobile damage dealer that can eat opposing summoners' resources.

Were the lairs themselves terrain, or just terrain for the grootslang?

I admit to not really grasping what it did, but the lair teleport had no range limitation, so anything that could jump from one table edge to another on a single AP...I'm sure there's some way to break that beyond the obvious surprises in Interference. Wonder if the Gib' players have worked out some similar tricks with tide pools.

The lair markers are terrain(don't remember the exact traits it has). Their ability for being in base contact with terrain markers gives them the positives on all duels, and if it's also a lair marker they get the +1 damage. 2 lair markers at the start of the game, after deployment, regardless of the number of grootslang on their half of the table. 

The last playtest had 3 lair markers which are ht0 terrain. It gained positive flips when touching a marker that was terrain and bonus damage when  touching a lair. 

It has a long ml range on a weak attack, and a shorter range attack with an "infinite" trigger. The latest McMornign upgrade along with the jury could lead to some crazy turns since it had a mask trigger on its attack to move to another lair marker, and a mask trigger on the move to make an attack.

Its a large, cheap, model  that has a lot of potent movement tricks, with a resonable damage threat to areras around the lairs. 

Is it just me or does the Grootslang seem like maybe it got made at the wrong size? Looking at it on the sprue it looks like it might be 50-100% larger than it was supposed to be.

It's only height three but it looks like it dwarfs Cojo or the Slateridge Mauler. I'd expect something that large to be tanky. 7 Wds with no defensive bonuses just seem off for something that gigantic.

It does look like it will actually fit on thr proper base size without any problems and there are no little fiddly bits to fight with during assembly.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, WWHSD said:

It's only height three

All of the Emissarys are height 3 and the Arcane is over 4".

I actually didn't realize that Lord Chompy Bits and the Rail Golem were height 4. I didn't think there were any in the game. But a model being above its height value isn't new.

Grootslang have the Beast keyword, so potentially useful for folks like Marcus or McMourning (with his new Test Subjects upgrade)

Otherwise they play with terrain, getting bonuses from it, and being able to move around to their lair markers. They are large size minions for cheap SS cost (6), which is appealing to me. I see them playing very nice with Waldgeists and Lilith's new upgrade, enough so that I picked up 2 at GenCon after seeing their stats.