What new Upgrades are we Getting?

H4ml3t

Ramos #1 just spoiled on Facebook. One of the guys who offered bribes to have them spoiled is also sending mr. spoiler alert a pm. Sincerely hope he isn't going to follow through on exactly what he offered in exchange for a spoiler... :P

He's becoming a condition accumulator (like Ironsides) whenever a model uses or discards a soulstone, so basically every time except card draw and initiative. I think I just heard Lucius players swearing. The condition boosts range on electrical fire, or he can burn it on his activation to buy effects, like Nellie does with Guild Funds. For positive flip on single opposed duel, for +1 damage on electrical fire, for +1Ca, or for fast. One per activation only.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

He's becoming a condition accumulator (like Ironsides) whenever a model uses or discards a soulstone, so basically every time except card draw and initiative. I think I just heard Lucius players swearing. The condition boosts range on electrical fire, or he can burn it on his activation to buy effects, like Nellie does with Guild Funds. For positive flip on single opposed duel, for +1 damage on electrical fire, for +1Ca, or for fast. One per activation only.

If that counts for himself using them too, then that's kinda cool. Early game use stones to summon spiders, late game stronger casting. I like it. Interested to see how much it costs and what his second one is.

12 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

If someone sent me pictures of the upgrades I would happily paraphrase them in a post.

Sorry. Idiot here thought "well, I'd better not close that browser window" and promptly closed that browser window.-_- (Truth of communication: the word 'not' gets mentally skimmed over and has to be added back in a microsecond later. The more you avoid it in instructions, the more likely they are to be followed. If only I could train my thoughts to acknowledge this.)

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Ramos #1 just spoiled on Facebook. One of the guys who offered bribes to have them spoiled is also sending mr. spoiler alert a pm. Sincerely hope he isn't going to follow through on exactly what he offered in exchange for a spoiler... :P

+1Ca is a big deal, as is Fast. Would be interesting if he has any modifications to his summoning as well.. I'll have to wait until my cards arrive..

Ramos is very AP efficient with his base summons, and I don't often find myself needing more AP from him. Having a single turn or two in which he can be fast in order to accomplish something (like complete a scheme) is a big thing for him. Having a crux turn where he can focus&shoot x2 helps him out a great deal, as you just need to be able to be at a straight flip to cheat towards that 7 damage on his ranged attack.

Got the inside scoop on Kaeris from a friend at GenCon.

Two 2ss upgrades

First with a once per turn (1) that pushes her 8" ignoring models. Any model she "flies over" gains burning 1. Also gives Immolate a trigger to give burning to models in a 3" pulse from the target burning 1.

Second is her 3rd limited. Ability to give enemies that begin/end their activations in aura 3" burning 1. (0) for a 6" pulse to give enemies a new condition that reduces their final duel totals by the condition amount. Reduces at the end of the turn, but when you hand out the condition you can reduce their burning to increase the new condition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile, Colette gets a 2ss that gives Showgirls in 8" aura free focused. (0) to Volunteer an enemy minion near a scheme marker so Colette's player gets to control their first AP that turn.

A 1ss with an ability that lets her discard a scheme marker to do Saber Trick as a (1), if so, the attack gains auto-Slow. In general, Saber Trick gains a trigger to discard an enemy scheme market within 6" of the target if it damages.

So burn-y Kaeris and more agressive Showgirl crews are now possible.

• Like 2

I might get some more info after the convention events settle down but here's the two for Ramos:

Vox Populi (1SS): Gives a zero action that is an attack that turns the target into a peon that can't interact and a 1 action that place terrain markers that are treated as hazardous and severve but only by enemies.
Leviathan Power Core (1ss): Gives a condition that increases the range of electrical fire when anyone uses or loses a soul stone. The condition can be lowered by 1 for a plus on a duel, 2 for extra damage on Electrical Fire, 3 for extra Ca, 4 for Fast.  

I think Vox Populi is really cool. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I might get some more info after the convention events settle down but here's the two for Ramos:

Vox Populi (1SS): Gives a zero action that is an attack that turns the target into a peon that can't interact and a 1 action that place terrain markers that are treated as hazardous and severve but only by enemies.
Leviathan Power Core (1ss): Gives a condition that increases the range of electrical fire when anyone uses or loses a soul stone. The condition can be lowered by 1 for a plus on a duel, 2 for extra damage on Electrical Fire, 3 for extra Ca, 4 for Fast.  

I think Vox Populi is really cool. 

I agree entirely.

My biggest gripe with Ramos was that you do your best to ensure you get your 2 or 3 spiders for 1 AP, which is very powerful make no mistake, but then the remaining 2 AP feels super lackluster. Both these new upgrades seem like they'll make his non-spider generating AP more valuable and more interesting, either increasing his ability to control the board or dish out some damage of his own.

I also like that they're each only 1ss, as currently he often gets bulked down under a full cache and three 2ss upgrades. A viable way of reducing Ramos' price tag under 9ss-10ss is greatly appreciated!

41 minutes ago, Boomstick said:

Got the inside scoop on Kaeris from a friend at GenCon.

Two 2ss upgrades

First with a once per turn (1) that pushes her 8" ignoring models. Any model she "flies over" gains burning 1. Also gives Immolate a trigger to give burning to models in a 3" pulse from the target burning 1.

Second is her 3rd limited. Ability to give enemies that begin/end their activations in aura 3" burning 1. (0) for a 6" pulse to give enemies a new condition that reduces their final duel totals by the condition amount. Reduces at the end of the turn, but when you hand out the condition you can reduce their burning to increase the new condition.

I would never have expected yet another limited upgrade, let alone one that has yet another (0) for our lady of fire. That said, reducing duel totals sounds quite potent. Is it worth skipping Grab and Drop for? Well, maybe, especially in strategies or schemes that cluster everyone together.

The other upgrade gives her a Lampad's (0) for a (1) for 2ss. Obviously, such an Action is many times more valuable for Kaeris, and in tandem with this new limited upgrade it could be impressive, but it still feels quite expensive. What I do really like about this upgrade is that it offers two ways of putting Burning on models without those models even taking duels. Maybe that makes it well worth it's price.

I for one am excited to give both new upgrades a spin. 

Thanks for the information!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Boomstick said:

Meanwhile, Colette gets a 2ss that gives Showgirls in 8" aura free focused. (0) to Volunteer an enemy minion near a scheme marker so Colette's player gets to control their first AP that turn.

A 1ss with an ability that lets her discard a scheme marker to do Saber Trick as a (1), if so, the attack gains auto-Slow. In general, Saber Trick gains a trigger to discard an enemy scheme market within 6" of the target if it damages.

So burn-y Kaeris and more agressive Showgirl crews are now possible.

Colette was already at 11 on interesting.. This will make their abilities much more interesting and reliable. Especially if you're running Oiran in the middle of a show.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Carlos didn't need a free focused, but I may be somewhat biased.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Works nicely with Immolate to get Kaeris the plus flip to attack and damage.

Could make for a good turn 1 play getting Truth in Flame by moving over 3 models too.  Very excited to play with basically everything mentioned in this thread so far!

• Like 2