Wave 5 upgrade hype thread.

4thstringer

McMourning upgrade #1 lets him hire either Academics or Beasts up to a total of 4.

The discussion is in the Resser forum but I think it might mean a little more to leap. I mean Guild.

Which also means that he just leapfrogged (sorry) past Nellie for weirdest hiring pool available to Guild.

Unless one of the others also got an even weirder expansion to the hiring pool, but what's more bountiful than beasts?

But what I want to leap on (sorrynotsorry) is the academic option. Specifically Amina whom I have irrationally adored since reading her card.

• Like 1

Hoffman gets one upgrade that gives him armor, that makes friendly armor unable to be ignored in an aura, and gives him a leap.

Hoffman's second upgrade allows him to end instances of the Power Loop condition to increase the range of an action, and allows him to add a Cyborg upgrade to a non-construct model.

The Cyborg upgrade gives the model the construct characteristic, but only allows a single use of the Power Loop condition, and also gives the cyborg a zero action to give itself a modification.  The Cyborg upgrade is Rare 3, but I only see one copy of it in the upgrade deck.

Lucius gets an upgrade that gives him arcane reservoir, and the ability to discard a card to draw one.  If the drawn card is worse, he can discard it to draw another.

His other upgrade has three abilities.  The first is that he can discard an opponent's scheme marker at the start of his activation if he has more vp. The second is that when he kills a model with Devil's Deal, he gets another soul stone.  The third is an action that can give a target the condition that it cannot cheat fate.

52 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

McMourning upgrade #1 lets him hire either Academics or Beasts up to a total of 4.

McMourning has all sorts of schenanigans with posion, right?  Kudra gets 4 poison dealing attacks on a charge and the Poison Gamin and the Scorpius are both beasts with poison.  

11 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

McMourning has all sorts of shenanigans with poison, right?  Kudra gets 4 poison dealing attacks on a charge and the Poison Gamin and the Scorpius are both beasts with poison.  

McMourning can just expunge you...Sebastian, though...he can make you suffer 3 damage that cannot...

be...

(Hoffman just smiles the faint smile of a reserved individual who has completely cracked)

...mostly cannot be ignored, twice a turn...oh and who wants beasts with hallucinogens? trick question, that would be everyone...so it costs two upgrade slots just for hiring but I am sure there is more to find.

43 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

Looks like you have an incentive to mod stuff into stompybots :P

Yes, but...there are things that are stompybots (looks at mechanical attendant) and things that are not stompybots (looks at Malifaux child) and we can't exactly foist the explanation of Ryle still walking around town off onto "Ramos did it", now can we?!

• Like 1

Sonnia got a close combat upgrade (forgotten lore works for ml and burning on close attacks) and an upgrade that gives witch hunters the ability to chain activate into other witch hunters at a pretty decent range, and purifying flame summons from dying burning enemies.   

I played with them tonight, but misplayed one to make it way too good.

3 hours ago, WWHSD said:

McMourning has all sorts of schenanigans with posion, right?  Kudra gets 4 poison dealing attacks on a charge and the Poison Gamin and the Scorpius are both beasts with poison.  

In another thread it was mentioned that the upgrade says Non-Gamin, so at least no Poison Gamin for him *Likely because it would be all sorts of wrong to stack it with Sebastian*.  Be nice to get a confirmation just to be sure but wanted to throw it out.

Not sure. Put on buff and push with McMourning or put it on one already in ml and accomplice perhaps?

I'll probably go for the McMourning swampfiend list instead. Gupps, walgeists, silurids and McTavish :D I just finished Tav, am currently painting silurids and have started GS:ing gupps.

8 hours ago, MinimumPhase said:

The Cyborg upgrade gives the model the construct characteristic, but only allows a single use of the Power Loop condition, and also gives the cyborg a zero action to give itself a modification.  The Cyborg upgrade is Rare 3, but I only see one copy of it in the upgrade deck.

Single use of power loop - for whom?

Can other models only borrow the stat onece and then it goes away, can the cyborg borrow just once, or both? :)

Only if you want to/can answer of course :P