Cumulative armor

hemgath

Have a small question about cumulative armor possibilities... with our team we don't find anywere a good and clear explain for the possible cumulation of armor...
For exemple if i have 2 pneumatic limb (+1) and heavy armor (+2) have 2 or 3 in armor ?
If i have all part of my body in pneumatic (4 limb, torso and head) have only +1in armor ?
The normal maximum armor is 3 how can i have 3 ? If you have some easy and clear cumulative exemple ?
Maybe we have a translate misunderstanding (we are french) but it's very hard to find the asking or an easy rules (maybe it's esiest in 2nd ed ?)

BR

Hemgath

Ok, so all diferent source are cumulative.
Magic, Talent, pneumatic limb, armor... With a maximum of 3 (exept for last Augmented level)
Thx

And one more things, for pneumatic limbs... theyre is no possibilites to have a armor +2 (its strange torso don"t give you "heavy"... or not pneumatic augment gave you "heavy"...).
Because actually if i have all parts in pneumatic (4 limb, torso and head) have only +1 armor

2 hours ago, hemgath said:

Ok, so all diferent source are cumulative.
Magic, Talent, pneumatic limb, armor... With a maximum of 3 (exept for last Augmented level)
Thx

And one more things, for pneumatic limbs... theyre is no possibilites to have a armor +2 (its strange torso don"t give you "heavy"... or not pneumatic augment gave you "heavy"...).
Because actually if i have all parts in pneumatic (4 limb, torso and head) have only +1 armor

Being fully covered in pneumatics doesn't make the metal any thicker.:P

Let's go through the various combos shall we?

1 piece of light armour (yes there's a u. I'm british!) gives you armour 1. 

All locations covered in light armour give you armour 1. 

A piece of heavy armour gives you armour 1. 

A pneumatic limb gives armour 1. 

All limbs being pneumatic gives armour 1. 

1 piece of heavy armour + 2 or more bits of light armour gives armour 2. 

1 or more pieces of light armour + 1 or more pneumatics gives armour 2. 

1 piece of light or heavy armour + 1 or more pneumatics gives armour 2. 

1 piece of heavy armour + 2 or more pieces of light armour AND 1 or more pneumatics gives armour 3.

Doesn't seem to be any way to get multiple pieces of heavy armour as all of them are chest items

The important thing to note is that pieces of armor/armour stack differently than the Armor ability does.  And pneumatic limbs don't grant Armor +1 or +2 any more (if they used to...), they're just automatically considered to be Light or Heavy Armor/Armour for that body part.

You can't get Armor +3 out of combining Light Amor and Heavy Armor items (pneumatics are just considered Light and Heavy Armor items that you can't easily take off).  In order to get Armor +3 you have to use a different rule that grants the Armor +X ability directly and rely on that to stack with the Armor +X granted from the character's combined Light Armor and Heavy Armor items.

Like for our play team, peoples have many interpretations ^^ so this question make sens ;)

Solkan, your explain are the one we actually use, but why armor is limited to 3 and not 2 ? ^^ and why the Augmented lvl 10 power allow you to raise armor at 4 ?

Sycorax: your explain seem logic and clear but apparently Pneumatic limb are considered light and not diferent part... 

But, when i read the Pneumatic limb board it's not write "light" but "armor +1" a diferent wording than for armour who use "light"
Armor wording exemple: Clockwork Body | Light, Protected (R), Sealed
Pneumatic limb wording exemple: Full Limb | Armor +1, Augment 2

PS:  heavy armor (or +2) does'nt exist on pneumatic limb...