Expanding Brewmaster

Roastbill

Hello Greenskins,

I am a relatively new player.  I have started collection 10T, and really like the theme.  I recently grabbed the Brewmaster box, and was disappointed to see that there is no crossover in the box, except the keg-master himself.  I cant just let those shinobi sit there.  I HAVE to play them.  So i need some advice.  I don't intend to play the box competitively, nor do i have any plans to begin collecting Gremlins.  I am looking for quick recommendations on what couple SKUs i could pick up to make a 50pt list on top of what is in the box.  Again- not looking for tourney options or anything like that.  I just want to build a rounded all comers list with what i have and another model or three to get up to the 50pt mark.

Thanks in advance!~

Nice! Welcome to the Odyssey that is learning all about Brewmaster!

So I'll preface this by saying that I've never played Brewie in 10T, which renders moot pretty much any advice I could give!

But you could listen to the recent Schemes & Stones podcast episode that covers Ten Thunders Brewmaster, as that should give you some good ideas:

https://schemesandstones.podbean.com/e/episode-63-master-spotlight-10t-brewmaster/

The Malifaux wiki "Pullmyfinger" also had a good run-down of Brewmaster's options (for both factions):

https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+The+Brewmaster

If you're wanting to port over all of the Closing Time box to 10T, then you'll be using the "Running Tab" upgrade to do so. Which means you could also buy then bring the Whiskey Golem, if you like it. It divides opinions, and a lot of people don't see room for both it & Fingers in the same list (20ss worth), but it's a very cool model :D

Performers (Arcanist mercenaries) are EXCELLENT with Brewie, no matter which faction. You get two in a box.

Akaname are dual-faction Tri Chi, and have synergy with Brewmaster, but the jury is still out on their usefulness.

The upcoming Book 5 brings Tanuki for 10T, who look made for Brewie. Jury's out on these as well re: usefulness, but they look to be damned cute little booz-racoon models. Quick bit of info on them at the bottom of this page:

http://www.malifauxmusings.com/2017/07/book-5-pre-previews-ten-thunders.html?m=1

If you're made of cash, you could buy the Shenlong box just to get Sensei Yu, who works quite well with Brewie now.

Since you're set on using Shinobi, probably no point getting Fermented River Monks (they're roughly equivalent).

And that's all i got! Others can hopefully help more.

I suggest getting Burt. He is a superb damage dealer and a Mercenary so you can use him outside of the Gremlins as well. In fact, he is especially is really superb with TT due to the support they can give him.

Second, you could consider getting Banjonistas. They attack Wp and have Pushes and weird things and they work better in bunches so you can put all three on the table. You would have an absolutely hilarious force and, well, what's a booze party without music?

3 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

No they can't but if I understood OP correctly, he wasn't averse to the idea of playing Brewmaster in Gremlins and getting one or two boxes to help him do so.

8 hours ago, Roastbill said:

I don't intend to play the box competitively, nor do i have any plans to begin collecting Gremlins. 

I understood that in the sense that he won't be expanding Gremlins beyond the 50SS for Brewmaster (so whether a model works with other Gremlins Masters or not is not a concern). I mean, if he was looking solely for TT stuff, I would guess that this thread would be on the TT subforum.

If he is looking solely for TT stuff, then Akaname and Burt, Gracie, and McTavish are probably the only reasonable options.

9 hours ago, Roastbill said:

I am a relatively new player.  I have started collection 10T, and really like the theme.  I recently grabbed the Brewmaster box, and was disappointed to see that there is no crossover in the box, except the keg-master himself.  I cant just let those shinobi sit there.  I HAVE to play them.

Just making sure you noticed that Brewmaster has a 2ss upgrade (I forget the name, it's in the box) that lets him hire Tri-Chi models (ie. his entire box) whether he plays TT or Gremlins.

Still no-one will judge you if you take a detour through the Bayou. What happens in the Bayou stays in the Bayou ;)

(Except Burt, that guy always seems to stick around for some reason)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Just making sure you noticed that Brewmaster has a 2ss upgrade (I forget the name, it's in the box) that lets him hire Tri-Chi models (ie. his entire box) whether he plays TT or Gremlins.

This is a good upgrade to take in 10T because it lets you hire Wesley who is one of the best totems in the game imo. Then if you take a Terracotta Warrior you can swap it out for a more useful in-game upgrade like Binge or Misdirection.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 10:47 AM, Dogmantra said:

This is a good upgrade to take in 10T because it lets you hire Wesley who is one of the best totems in the game imo. Then if you take a Terracotta Warrior you can swap it out for a more useful in-game upgrade like Binge or Misdirection.

YES! I noticed that after posting!  I was very happy to see that, and will likely just use him in my 10Ts and not worry about breaking into gremlins.