August 4th - Fenton Brahms

Nef

Happy Friday Wyrdos!  It's time to take a look at one of our new commanders, Fenton Brahms.  His devotion to the cult is something that spreads fear among his enemies, and encourages his comrades to greater feats of glory!  Let's take a look.

Wyrd_FridayPreview_8.4_2017.thumb.jpg.c2c5ac659c0c1de8d9353dea651fb190.jpg

Fenton Brahms, once a soldier of the King’s Empire, was found left for dead in the desert. During the months he spent recovering, he was given the Contiones de Rege Flammae as a means to cope with the pain. When the rest of the world felt like a cruel joke, Brahms found comfort in the book; Ephraim Wade’s prophecies gave meaning to his life. Unbeknownst to him, Brahms was being warped by every word.

Brahms traveled to London after seeing a vision, where he was greeted by the beauty of Wade’s predictions - of a world wreathed in flame. There, Fenton Brahms embraced the warmth of the Burning Man and found his purpose: to lead the purge, and to make the world beautiful once again.

On the table, Brahms channels the Cult's insanity into power. He excels in placing Shaken Tokens on units, which either weakens the enemy or helps his own forces flip to Glory.

Fenton can lead from the front or the back. His Strangely Glowing Staff is a powerful Strength 4, which allows him to hold his own in melee. This attack becomes even more potent when he's in Glory and can use his Cascading Energy Trigger to increase its Strength.

When leading from the back, Fenton can use his Morale Action to generate additional Actions from nearby Squad Fireteams. This makes other Cult units that much more effective.

If he is in Glory, Fenton gains the powerful Disintegrating Blast Action. Although it only has a base Strength of 2, it has the potential to become one of the strongest attacks in the game, if luck is on your side.

Perhaps more importantly, Fenton is very good at getting cards into the Cult's discard pile. This can be very helpful when combined with the Cult's ability to give out a Shaken Token whenever an Ace enters its discard pile.

Fenton will definitely have the enemy forces shaking in their boots!  Discuss away!

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Kai said:

Fenton Brahms, once a soldier of the King’s Empire, was found left for dead in the desert. During the months he spent recovering, he was given the Contiones de Rege Flammae as a means to cope with the pain. When the rest of the world felt like a cruel joke, Brahms found comfort in the book; Ephraim Wade’s prophecies gave meaning to his life. Unbeknownst to him, Brahms was being warped by every word.

So Contiones de Rege Flammae is the name of the book?  Seriously, who gives a book as a way to cope with pain?

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

@anumberone I'm glad you are so fired up about the cult!

I see what you did there!

1 minute ago, Da Git said:

So Contiones de Rege Flammae is the name of the book?  Seriously, who gives a book as a way to cope with pain?

You will just have to wait for the full story!  

1 minute ago, Da Git said:

I see what you did there!

What can I say, I have a burning passion for puns!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DocSchlock said:

Contiones de Rege Flammae - Discourse of the Kingly (Royal?) Fire?

My Latin is very rusty.

So's mine (and what a couple of us used for passing notes in class was even more degraded) but I think it's the other way 'round: law of the flame.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

So's mine (and what a couple of us used for passing notes in class was even more degraded) but I think it's the other way 'round: law of the flame.

Law of the Flame sounds nicer. 16 years on from my 1 year of Latin and I have just enough to make a fool of myself. :P

• Haha 1

Another great character and excellent sculpt that I am really looking forward to painting and using....wherever TOS ends up and with however many factions I already know that Cult of Burning Man will be where my heart lies much as Jakob Lynch does as my first master in Malifaux....am now looking forward to these Friday previews with great anticipation - keep up the good work !