ASURA ROTEN Any Idea What They Do?

spect_spidey

8 minutes ago, Adran said:

She was a zombie summoner, who allowed friendly undead models to use her actions. Looks like you might get 2 mindless zombies in her box as well as her.  (or they may be intended to go onto her base as well)

Thank you. So it is a named character and not a pack of three minions? That is good to know. I thought it was a pack of minion. It kind of sucks not having any clue what any of these great looking new models do. I am trying to determine my purchases for the online store during GenCon. Without any clue as to the models abilities, it is hard to decide where to spend my money.

Asura Roten, Henchman, Living, Rare 1, cost 8, 50 mm base.

Df Wp Wd Wk Cg Ht
5    6     9    5    6   2

Abilities:

Residents of Rottenburg: Friendly Undead
models within 12" and LoS may take Ml
Actions printed on this model's stat card at -C
Ml during their Activations, but they can only
take one Action printed on this model's stat
card per Activation.

The Quarantine Zone: At the start of every
Turn, place a Ht 0 50mm Quarantine Marker
anywhere within 12" of this model.
Necromantic Font: When this model
Activates, all enemy models within 3" of one or
more Quarantine Markers must pass a TN 14
Wp duel or suffer 1 damage.

Always More Zombies: At the end of this
model's Activation, it may discard any number
of Corpse Markers within a3 to heal 2 damage
per discarded Corpse marker.

ATTACK ACTIONS [C = :crow]
(1) Undead Minions (Ml 6C / Rst: Df / Rg: y1): Target suffers 2/3/4 damage.
Increase this Action's duel total by +1 for every Quarantine Marker within 3" of the
target, to a maximum of +2.
C Contagion: After damaging, if this Attack killed a Living model,
summon a Mindless Zombie in base contact with the target before
it is removed. The target drops no Corpse Markers.
(1) Hands from Below (Ml 6C / Rst: Df / Rg: 10): Target gains the following
Condition until the end of its next Activation: "Grasping Hands +1: This model
reduces its Df, Wk, and Cg by the value of this Condition.
C More Hands: After succeeding, the value of the target's Grasping
Hands Condition is increased by +1 if it is within 3" of one or more
Quarantine Markers.

TACTICAL ACTIONS
(0) From the Quarantine Zone: Summon a Mindless Zombie in base contact with a
Quarantine Marker, then remove the Quarantine Marker. This model does not need
LoS to the summoned model.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Daysleeper said:

I have to say i dont realy like her sculpt. Looks a bit ... bland and not very dynamic. Maybe her backstory can make up for it.
I immediately thought of using the alt. Sybelle for her.

This! I'm pretty unimpressed with her sculpt, especially considering the other sculpt on wave 5 models look amazing. She has no details on her clothing at all. Her mindless zombies are more detailed.

I didn't think of using the Alt Sybelle, but that's a great idea!

Yeah, I'm not super impressed with that model either. I think for me its the pose. I'm not sure why shes kneeling? it looks strange and having read the story adventure she is from (Night in Rottenburg), it doesn't fit my mental image of her at all. I may have to look for another option to mod into her instead. 

On 8/4/2017 at 10:27 AM, Paddywhack said:

Yeah, I'm not super impressed with that model either. I think for me its the pose. I'm not sure why shes kneeling? it looks strange and having read the story adventure she is from (Night in Rottenburg), it doesn't fit my mental image of her at all. I may have to look for another option to mod into her instead. 

I havent read the Story adventure at all but I think she is kneeling because of her action grasping hands. She kneels down to control hands to come up from the ground or something like that.

It's a great pose, it's fantastic to finally get a Through the Breach inspired model with a dynamic pose, it's clearly commanding, and Ressers were already the fluffy-haired faction via Molly--but you're all right, I never saw Asura as a crouching model somehow. Lifting her up onto boxes or something would fix that.

I think I just heard all the Arcanists squeal with glee at finally getting a model which they can convert to a proportionate Myranda, though. Maybe you can work out a swap with them? No shortage of female sculpts with standing, commanding poses there. You'd keep Asura's head and the zombies for part of her horde. Wait, better idea, work out a trade for the alt-guard sergeant. There's a commanding (although static) pose if you ever wanted one. And hey, you're Ressers, you steal bodies from the Guild on a regular basis. :P

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2017 at 1:52 PM, Gnomezilla said:

I think I just heard all the Arcanists squeal with glee at finally getting a model which they can convert to a proportionate Myranda, though. 

I think that was more a shriek of envy. I'm just imagining an 8 point Arcanist Henchman that can summon a 3 Wd peon construct without needing scrap to do it that can also give all friendly Constructs access to a Ml 5-7 attack with a 2/3/4 damage line and a built in trigger that summons a people construct is the attack killed the target or a debuff that can't be used from almost across the board.

Assuming that Ramos normally spends 3-4 points to kick-start his summoning, that Henchman would only really end up costing 4-5 points.  

• 3 weeks later...