Alternate Nekima

Sybaris

I echo the thanks here.

Now there's something of an illusion in size. Keep in mind that the original (metal) Nekima is standing on a stone with the included base insert. That gives her additional height. Another aspect of the model is the very large wings that are spread flat and out.

The new alternate Nekima is sort of bent over forward. She is looking down on something right in front of her (logically, an HT2 model). This reduces the model's effective height. Her wings are also folded inward, but the model itself feels thicker. 

If you look at the pictures i've posted compared to the one above, i've picked a base that would change her stance from looking down, to looking forward, and that allowed me to switch in  the old sword. But in any way, the great part of this is that people can choose the one they prefer.

• Like 2

I used Reaper Tanned Leather mixed with Vallejo Game Color Dark Fleshtone as base for the wings. This was highlighted with successive highlights of the mix with increasing proportions of Tanned Leather. After that I started mixing Tanned Leather with another Reaper Paint Desert Khaki and then applied moldy skin. I followed it with several glazes of brown and purple, avoiding the darker areas which were then given a wash of brown and black. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1