Returning buy list

izikial

Hi. Im returning after not playing for a year and a bit ( dont realy have any wave 3 or 4 stuff) and im looking for some help on what to buy from the new waves to get me up to speed. Im going to be buying parker to use. And i also enjoy tara, hamlin and Jack daw. What things out of the last two waves do i realy need and what can i avoid. Also is anything from the old books starting to get a lot of play from a meta shift?

Dead Outlaws work with both Parker and Jack Daw.

Scion of the Void is a great addition to Tara's crew.

Winged Plague are great scheme runners for Hamelin, and they're pretty good everywhere else.

Grab the new upgrade pack at GenCon.

Biggest thing form those is probably the generalist upgrade deck 2. There are a couple of good outcast upgrades that are pushing up the use of models like Sue (return fire) or Jack (the bigger they are). 

In addition to that, the emissary is popular in some lists, Big Jake is pretty handy and unkillable, Scion helps Tara and her bury tricks, the winged plague is a popular scheme runner due to flight.

I don't think anything is "vital" to be competitive. And Metas still differ as to what is good and what isn't. 

If you get Parker, all the models in wave four work really well with him.

Wokou Raiders give him MI options, are good at locking down models in MI for a few turns, get team up MI attacks  have some movement tricks. and can move Scheme markers.

Dead outlaws Eat enemy  Scheme markers to heal, are Hard to wound, can cause enemy models to be only able to walk and interact actions, can dish out slow and can drop enemy scheme markers .

Aionus  is good with Tara as he does extra dmg to fast or slow targets, dishes out slow, move scheme markers,  can give your models fast as an aura, and generates extra AP