Monthly painting challenge 2017 - August

prof_bycid

I only use airbrush to sketch out main colors, apply basic shades. It speeds things up considerably and it also allows me to plan better. Airbrush is also great for painting scenery. 

If you're interested in airbrushing, check out this article, it was very helpful when I was just starting http://www.coloureddust.com.pl/2015/03/airbrush-faq-english-version.html?m=1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got the Wind Gamin (3x4ss) and Coryphee 2x7ss) playable in time for the tourney, touched 'em up and finished Sue (8ss) for a total of 34SS. Now it's time to get serious about DragonCon prep.

As an aside, don't let anyone tell you Kaeris isn't competitive, took her 2/3 games (Colette on the other) came in first.large.20170816_124314.jpg.79a2bff2c0157d2c7a1ef108cc776063.jpglarge.20170816_124504.jpg.88b61c787a58850a1e071b16b7d1cec9.jpglarge.20170816_124408.jpg.ced734f559c8283bac227225e40ecc19.jpglarge.20170816_124602.jpg.b840da62bcb1ae5f9b4ef7c2150e9c03.jpg

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Franchute said:

Hello,

I finished two poison gamins and somewhat a fire gamin:

@prof_bycid does the fire gamin count towards soulstone for the month? I did paint the base, but I obviously did not touch the mini.

In all fairness it is a nice base. I would award at least 1/2 points...

• Like 2

On 8/17/2017 at 10:13 PM, Franchute said:

does the fire gamin count towards soulstone for the month? I did paint the base, but I obviously did not touch the mini.

Hi Franchute,

The Wyrd overlords have made transparents tourney-legal, even though they normally want a three color minimum table-ready mini.  So, I think you need to get points for it.  I like H4ml3t's 1/2 points idea to award the effort put into the base.  Does this sound fair to you?

Cheers

Hello challenge painters!  Sorry for the long silence---I've been away from the terminal for a week with fieldwork, a day-long meeting, and a mandatory day at Gen Con.  I know, terrible problems to have.  A few of you have plowed through models already, and other have posted WIP that look great.  I am going to try to pull myself away from the new Gen Con shinies and go back to finishing up my librarian and 2 wind gamin.  Will try to get a WIP posted by Wednesday assuming I get some more progress made.  It's great to be back on the forum with y'all!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, prof_bycid said:

Hi Franchute,

The Wyrd overlords have made transparents tourney-legal, even though they normally want a three color minimum table-ready mini.  So, I think you need to get points for it.  I like H4ml3t's 1/2 points idea to award the effort put into the base.  Does this sound fair to you?

Cheers

You're the boss!

Here is my August work in progress.  Kandara model did distract me for a bit, but once it was assembled I got back to these.  That and a ton of laser-cut mdf terrain to assemble, and then I was back at the August models.  Darn there was a lot of good stuff at Gen Con.  But if you didn't make it, don't worry, you didn't miss a thing, nope.  ;) 

Just a base inking done on the wind gamin.  The idea is to have the supporting wires (piano wire) bend out behind them where I can cover them without covering much of the model.  Still working on the idea for their bases though.  The librarian is further along.

large.August2017_Librarian_WindGamin_WIP.JPG.4dcd8a754fc75be0d4427223f9d88cab.JPG

• Like 6