July 2017 Errata

Lucidicide

1 minute ago, Hot4Perdita said:

Howard is just an example. I mention him because of his very high damage spread. Sonnia maxes at 5. Yes, she has the blast marker, but it's easy to counter. Just spread your models out more. I learned that lesson real quick after being annihilated by Victoria of Blood and whirlwind. I will make sure to spread my models out next time to prevent that from occurring again. 

It is really hard to spread out far enough to stop Sonnia hitting multiple models on her blasts. She can hit models about 8" from her original target.

Howard doesn't need the damage buff because he has a high weak damage. Sure, more damage is better than less, but the difference between doing 4 and doing 6 is so much lower than between doing 2 and 5:blast:blast:blast. Howard has high damage, but he doesn't have a high damage spread (its only 2 points between weak and severe).  Its actually one of the lowest damage spreads in the game, espcially if you look at it as a percentage. Pushing it up from weak to severe is only half an (weak) attack gained. 

where as pushing up an 1/2/3 spread is at least gaining 2 attacks worth of weak damage. 

• Like 4

Ugh. F-ing Lazarus. It's probably the only merc model that kept a hiring restricting. Can't for the life of me figure out why sinnce they seem to have done away with the thematic restrictions. What could possibly be so bad about guild hiring Laz?!

7 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Ugh. F-ing Lazarus. It's probably the only merc model that kept a hiring restricting. Can't for the life of me figure out why sinnce they seem to have done away with the thematic restrictions. What could possibly be so bad about guild hiring Laz?!

Probably Hoffman :P

And fluff

On 8/21/2017 at 3:00 PM, Ludvig said:

Is that really worse than the stuff Hoffman actually gets or Ramos reactivating and buffing Laz with the toolkit to have a ton of ap at plusflips?

Actually I think Hoffman can be worse than Ramos here *not saying Ramos is not nasty*.  He can slap on a modification possible giving Laz Armor +1 or Nimble.  He can Machine Puppet him for extra AP *No trigger but Laz has none on his Grenade Launcher anyhow* or a push to get him out of combat, can get a trigger to give Laz fast for some damage but Laz can self repair, he can be power looped Laz for some nice Defense from another construct, Laz also has Ca8 so you would not need a Metal Gamin for a high Ca, Also Laz can also assimilate Hoffman *if he wants spread Power Loop* and Hoffman can still take the Mobile Toolkit to give him the buffs he wants *you also could possible have Queeg with Promises depending on what you were taking*.

• Like 1

Not all changes are for prevention of opponent NPE; some are health of the game in another sense. When Austringers could reach out 18" with a focused shot that ignored things, you could still work around it a bit as the opponent, but it seemed like that was an auto take in Guild crews. You would regularly face a pair of Austringers who would split the board and kill scheme runners as they presented themselves and deliver orders if nothing was within reasonable threat. There was no interest or reason to try other models that might fill similar roles, because these two did more at 6 stones each than you could get out of other models.

Stagnation is unhealthy for the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2017 at 7:41 PM, ktapper said:

Yes I am aware.  Though I figure they would have determined what went wrong last time.  2 months is long when cards are done at same time errata is up.    Makes me wonder what the process is that they are running through.

I just did my daily "Gamin A" search on WGV and thought it might be time to pipe in on this again...  As a double-wrong-card recipient last time around, I understand not wanting old cards to go out, but the delay is now longer than it was for me getting the corrected cards after the error was found last time.