July 2017 Errata

Lucidicide

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:
  • Practiced Production now prevents you from placing Scheme Markers near non-Peon, non-Insignificant enemy models.
    • This should help with some of the stronger combinations with models like the Malifaux Raptors by requiring models that could score to begin with, thus controlling this powerful Upgrade.

I think this should be "near non-Peon, non-Insignificant friendly models."

• Haha 1

Just now, MinionJack said:

I'd still take 2 with Wong for the extra explosions.

Yep. Can be invaluable for helping Wong hit models that are out of his LOS. I've never taken more than 2 and probably wouldn't, so I don't mind this change. Eliminates the playstyle of spamming them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Is there going to be an errata card available for each of the 3 Wind Gamin like there have been for models with multiple cards in the past?

Do you really need to ask that? Every Wind Gamin card will be available with the errata text. So yes you can get the 3 different pictures.. 

9 minutes ago, Von Woozle said:

Stuffed piglet change is so lazy and makes the model's pretty worthless at their job.

What exactly do you think would have been better? They still only cost 3ss , can tie up the enemy to some degree, and if someone tries to kill them; the controller can choose to blow them up instead. 

2 minutes ago, bluepanther said:

Do you really need to ask that? Every Wind Gamin card will be available with the errata text. So yes you can get the 3 different pictures.. 

There's currently only the one card available in the errata section. I wasn't sure if Wyrd typically makes one of the images available immediately with the others available shortly after,  usually posts all of them at the same time and made an oversight in only making one available, or had decided that they were going to just start posting a single version of the card in their errata section.

34 minutes ago, bluepanther said:

What exactly do you think would have been better? They still only cost 3ss , can tie up the enemy to some degree, and if someone tries to kill them; the controller can choose to blow them up instead. 

Change it to when they are killed they have to explode. 

At 3SS all this is really going do is see more Bayou Gremlins instead of Stuffed pigs (except for Wong, he will eat the change and still bring SS for the explosions)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bluepanther said:

A 50% increase in price is quite drastic. Whereas before you could get three for six SS, now you get only two.

They could've made the explosion mandatory and took an inch out of their Wk and Cg. Maybe even dropped a Wd.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Change it to when they are killed they have to explode. 

That's not what they're trying to balance. Their low stone cost allows for lots of spam that can tie up and easily out activate an opponent. I think the slightly higher cost will have people reconsider stuffed piglet lists. 

• Like 1

Just now, RiotX said:

That's not what they're trying to balance. Their low stone cost allows for lots of spam that can tie up and easily out activate an opponent. I think the slightly higher cost will have people reconsider stuffed piglet lists. 

It will in the sense that outside Wong no one will hire them anymore. For 3SS a bayou Gremlin is just a better pick to hire 85% of the time (imo).

Also means the pigapult will see a lot less play outside of Somer and Ulix as hiring it and ammo just became a lot more expensive. 

• Like 2

Probably should of been 2ss and like hireable 3 (rare 6 for summon purposes) and mandatory blow up

Currently not only are they  awful hires compared to Bayous, it really screws the pigapult  and makes it pretty useless since both forms of ammo are way overcost. 

• Like 5

The text on the Mechanical Rider's new version of Arcane Ritual currently reads:

For each (tome) in the final duel total...

As is it seems that these scheme markers may be placed 2" away from the target with only a single tome, which doesn't seem to be the intention based on the initial text in the announcement.

Just now, edopersichetti said:

I may repeat what others said, but going from 2SS to 3SS makes the models completely useless as Bayou Gremlins are simply a better hire. SS cost increase looks like a "quick" solution, but definitely not the best one IMHO.

Maybe Bayou Gremlins will become 4SS in the next errata!

;):P 

(I kid because I love!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Were some of these really that big of a deal?  This is going to sound like I'm complaining as it's my faction getting all the hugs but there were bigger fish to fry than Mech Rider.

As an Arcanist player in an arcanist heavy meta, Wind Gamin were never really an issue and Mech Rider was rarely seen.  Three buried Wind Gamin can push something 15".  So can Zoraida and her Wisps, every turn.  No one is up in arms about that.  Wind Gamin have a bad leap compared to Gupps for the same cost and meh combat skills.  Even with cyclone, ml 4 isn't making it through much.  4ss and cannot be summoned by Mech Rider seemed pretty fair.

Practiced Production did need some attention for sure.  It made some schemes very predictable to the extent I was taking it to fake leave your mark and use it to make Claim Jump or Dig Their Graves easier while keeping them holding models back to kill raptors.

Mech will continue to be too expensive to bring in many lists even more so now with the increase in resources to make her go.

I'm more concerned other models didn't get anything adjusted like:

No changes for Nihilism and scheme/strat based conditions?  An Outcast has little incentive to play anything but Hamelin in status heavy pools to dictate what the opponent can play.

Nothing on Yasonori being a touch too good?  Just a slight stat change to slow him down and not allow a model with that much damage output access to 1ap 10" charges with flight.  How did that make it though testing?

Nothing on Ulix or Som'er summoning crews being very difficult to deal with and low resource intensity to set up?

Nothing on Phillip and the Nanny being a low risk card farm?

• Like 1