What new upgrades do our masters want?

Finalscene

On 7/30/2017 at 1:05 AM, Bazlord_Prime said:

I'd be 3 thumbs up for more/any Voodoo zombie Gremlin shenanigans. That side of the Looziana bayou trope hasn't been tapped nearly enough yet. MOAR!!!

Maybe another Gremlin Master one day: "Baron Same-Day". He's an Undead Gremlin postman, who was murdered for his postbag full of goodies, his body thrown to the Gators but resurrected by a shadowy and chill presence deep in the swamp. He was taught its ways, and now practices the necromantic arts amongst the beasts of the bayou. And that includes the odd, unwary Gremlin...

Would be great if he could either turn Gremlin models Incorporeal or raise gremlin's from the dead as undead with Hard to Wound or similar.

On that note I would love to see an upgrade for Somer that gave Bayou Gremlins their lost terrifying action from 1st edition.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Omenbringer said:

On that note I would love to see an upgrade for Somer that gave Bayou Gremlins their lost terrifying action from 1st edition.

Wait - Bayou Gremlins used to be Terrifying???

That'd be so awesome!!

Maybe one of Som'er's new Upgrades will be "(1) Midnight Snack" (a reference to the Gremlins movies), which could turn all Bayous within :pulse6 Terrifying (Living) till end of turn. Fun.

Then of course, you'd also want to have something about not getting them wet, but Som'er already summons Bayous off one another, so...

4 minutes ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

Wait - Bayou Gremlins used to be Terrifying???

That'd be so awesome!!

Maybe one of Som'er's new Upgrades will be "(1) Midnight Snack" (a reference to the Gremlins movies), which could turn all Bayous within :pulse6 Terrifying (Living) till end of turn. Fun.

Then of course, you'd also want to have something about not getting them wet, but Som'er already summons Bayous off one another, so...

Yes they used to have a 1 action called Deliverance that gave them Terrifying 11

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

Yes they used to have a 1 action called Deliverance that gave them Terrifying 11

"Deliverance". I love it. Seems that we've incorporated that reference into the Banjonistas with Duelling Banjos, I guess.

Edited by Bazlord_Prime
Late night autocorrect gibberish

5 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

Not really, the Banjonista's Pluck the Strings is vastly different.

I said thematically, not mechanically. 'Deliverance', being terrifying and being equipped with Banjos carries the same connotations to the source as Duelling Banjos making a bunch of people Paranoid,

• Like 1

For Ophelia:

Hog Tyin' Rope - Sh 6 / Rst DF / Rng :ranged8 - Target enemy model gains the following condition until the end of the turn:  Hog Tied - Reduce this model's Wk stat by -2.  Enemy Gremlin models targeting this model with an attack action add :ram to their duel total.

:ram  We Eat Tonight! - After succeeding, up to two friendly Gremlin or Pig models within 4" of the target may push into base contact with it.

:crow  Poor Feller, Better Put 'Im Down - After succeeding, this model may immediately take a Sh action against the target.

• Like 1

Maybe an upgrade for Zipp that let's him summon Bayou Gremlins. As in the crew of the airship is being called into battle. I'm imagining the Gremlins swinging in on ropes from Zipp's airship. Some of course are willing and others are encouraged.

3 SS Battle Stations

(1) "Send 'Em In!": (Ca: 5 / TN: 14 / Rg: 6) Summon a Bayou Gremlin. The summoned Gremlin immediately takes 2 damage.

Not that we need another summoner in faction, but for themes sake?

20 minutes ago, the tick said:

Maybe an upgrade for Zipp that let's him summon Bayou Gremlins. As in the crew of the airship is being called into battle. I'm imagining the Gremlins swinging in on ropes from Zipp's airship. Some of course are willing and others are encouraged.

3 SS Battle Stations

(1) "Send 'Em In!": (Ca: 5 / TN: 14 / Rg: 6) Summon a Bayou Gremlin. The summoned Gremlin immediately takes 2 damage.

Maybe balance it by adding a trigger they must declare on a crow:  "Don't Let Go of the Rope!" - after resolving, all models in :pulse3 of the summoned Bayou Gremlin must take a Tn 12 Horror Duel.  Then sacrifice the summoned Bayou Gremlin.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Mah is OK and doesn't need anything?

giphy.gif

Well, after my games with Mah I think she is better than other 3 I mentioned. She is not as good as 'the golden trio' but with her damage, pretty good resilience and pushes is quite cool. Of course if she gets something to make her better I'll be happy too.

BTW - love this gif, Matt. I laughed like mad when I saw it :)

9 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Well, after my games with Mah I think she is better than other 3 I mentioned. She is not as good as 'the golden trio' but with her damage, pretty good resilience and pushes is quite cool. Of course if she gets something to make her better I'll be happy too.

BTW - love this gif, Matt. I laughed like mad when I saw it :)

Oh, I agree that her power-level is probably fine (though I'm not convinced she's better than Zoraida or Ophelia as such) but Zipp makes her almost completely obsolete. He does almost all the things she does but better and he has more options. I mean, if her claim to fame over Zipp is solely the Rams Chore, then she's pretty sad.

On 8/6/2017 at 10:46 AM, the tick said:

3 SS Battle Stations

Would rather it be Survivors than Bayou Gremlin's but I like the idea (would like it even better if Spark's gained an upgrade that allowed him to summon Survivors from Corpse counters or dying gremlins around him).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

Would rather it be Survivors than Bayou Gremlin's but I like the idea (would like it even better if Spark's gained an upgrade that allowed him to summon Survivors from Corpse counters or dying gremlins around him).

I think there's a bit of story behind that idea - allowing Sparks to summon Survivors. Would be brilliantly thematic, especially if it was done to living Gremlins, sacrificing the model for a chance to convert it, so if you fail it just ends up as a Corpse or Scrap marker.

5 hours ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

I think there's a bit of story behind that idea - allowing Sparks to summon Survivors. Would be brilliantly thematic, especially if it was done to living Gremlins, sacrificing the model for a chance to convert it, so if you fail it just ends up as a Corpse or Scrap marker.

As survivors are meant to be the gremlin rail worker then from a story perspective the best option would either be an ability that means he can discard cards or soulstones when a friendly living gremlin us killed nearby to sacrifice them instead and summon a survivor. The other option that works from a story perspective and might be better from a balance standpoint is to give sparks an action to summon survivors of wounded living gremlins however this may be too good with Som'er's summoning. 

On 8/8/2017 at 6:22 AM, Bazlord_Prime said:

Sparks definitely needs something to make him a bit more viable over the other options available. He really doesn't occupy a great niche within the faction.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:22 PM, PositronMike said:

As survivors are meant to be the gremlin rail worker then from a story perspective the best option would either be an ability that means he can discard cards or soulstones when a friendly living gremlin us killed nearby to sacrifice them instead and summon a survivor. The other option that works from a story perspective and might be better from a balance standpoint is to give sparks an action to summon survivors of wounded living gremlins however this may be too good with Som'er's summoning. 

I disagree that it would be a huge issue with Som'er'ssummoning. I have long argued that Som'er's has the most balanced summon mechanic in the game. Requiring Sparks to use a 1 AP action to summon wouldn't be an issue, particularly if it followed Som'er's mechanic (i.e. needing a Gremlin model to summon a Survivor and also incuring Wounds on the summoned model).

Really?

He needs one to summon one. He ends up with two Bayou Gremlin's that are reduced to 50% of their Wounds (Meaning no Drunk & Reckless unless healed requiring other models and actions to do). He can Summon exactly 1 model type (even Seamus can summon two different models, both of which are more durable). It requires an upgrade to even be able to do at all. It doesn't have a huge range (meaning both target model and summoned model have to hang close to Som'er). It requires a suit.

Seems pretty balanced to me.

The main argument I heard from this guy (who is I believe a friend of mine despite our differences in opinion) is that it doesn't cost Somer anything to summon them. Surely new models come up with 2 wounds and it damages other Bayou Gremlins of whom they are summoned of but with Slop Hauler around and Lighting Bug the cost is nothing compared to other summoners.

40 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

The main argument I heard from this guy (who is I believe a friend of mine despite our differences in opinion) is that it doesn't cost Somer anything to summon them. Surely new models come up with 2 wounds and it damages other Bayou Gremlins of whom they are summoned of but with Slop Hauler around and Lighting Bug the cost is nothing compared to other summoners.

It does cost AP and positioning from the healer. Now, I do think that Lightning Bug is too efficient in healing Somer Summons but with Slop Haulers I think it was very balanced. Also worth noting is that Somer only Summons one variety of 3SS models and the card needed is sorta high. And Do It Like Dis also requires a card - the cost is negligible if you have a suitable card in hand but if your only Mask is 13 it's a bit more expensive.

• Like 1