Reckless = OP?

Bazlord_Prime

10 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

"When this model activates" must come before the model generates AP or else Tap Power does not work at all (instead of just not allowing an already slowed construct to be slowed again for another dose of fast) (sorry, gremmies, I don't know of any example in-faction for you).

It doesn`t matter. If you can generate AP from Reckless you can Generate AP from Fast at the same time as AP Generation is at the same time.

If during your activation you get fast you don`t get to use the extra AP.

8 minutes ago, trikk said:

It doesn`t matter. If you can generate AP from Reckless you can Generate AP from Fast at the same time as AP Generation is at the same time.

If during your activation you get fast you don`t get to use the extra AP.

If you gain Fast as part of Activation Effects (e.g. Reckless-type effect), you get the extra AP. See rulebook (little/pdf) page 33 for sequence.

3 minutes ago, spooky_squirrel said:

If you gain fast as part of Activation effects (e.g. Reckless-type effect), you get the extra AP. See rulebook (little/pdf) page 33 for sequence.

What I meant if you get it Fast after the "Generate AP step" so after taking an action you can`t use it.

1 minute ago, trikk said:

What I meant if you get it Fast after the "Generate AP step" so after taking an action you can`t use it.

We're talking about the Reckless ability, which is worded:

Reckless: At the start of this model's Activation, it may suffer 1 damage to generate 1 additional General AP.

It's not an action, it's an Activation Effect, and is thus resolved before generating AP. If the part that says "generate 1 additional General AP" were replaced with "gain the Fast condition" the model would still get the bonus AP. They just would not be able to stack it with Fast if they already had it.

1 minute ago, spooky_squirrel said:

We're talking about the Reckless ability, which is worded:

It's not an action, it's an Activation Effect, and is thus resolved before generating AP. If the part that says "generate 1 additional General AP" were replaced with "gain the Fast condition" the model would still get the bonus AP. They just would not be able to stack it with Fast if they already had it.

I think we got lost somewhere.

Someone said that If Reckless gave Fast it wouldn`t work, I said that it would work exactly the same as Reckless does right now - giving AP before the Generate AP step.

1 minute ago, trikk said:

I think we got lost somewhere.

Someone said that If Reckless gave Fast it wouldn`t work, I said that it would work exactly the same as Reckless does right now - giving AP before the Generate AP step.

We're on the same page then.. The only difference between Reckless as it is now and Reckless giving Fast is that you wouldn't be able to have Burt, Francois, or The Firestarter get 4AP between Reckless and Fast.

1 minute ago, spooky_squirrel said:

We're on the same page then.. The only difference between Reckless as it is now and Reckless giving Fast is that you wouldn't be able to have Burt, Francois, or The Firestarter get 4AP between Reckless and Fast.

Exactly

On 7/28/2017 at 9:27 PM, Myyrä said:

He wasn't the only one, and I also believe he didn't think that was very competitive choice. Considering how well he did, he definitely doesn't any more. 

I made it no secret that I consider Mah the second weakest Gremlin Master after Brewmaster. But she isn't horrid in any way and I lost only one game convincingly - I could've easily ended up winning four games with both of my other losses hanging in the balance until the last turn. Wong, Zipp, and Somer are definitely quite a lot better, though. (Especially Zipp makes Mah rather obsolete doing most of the things she does but better and doing many of them a lot better.)

And I indeed played Mah five out of five games in ITC but I wasn't the only playing games with her there.

• Like 2