Neverborn - rate our masters

catbat07

2 hours ago, feagaur said:

Personally I'd argue swapping Collodi and Pandora. I've not played Collodi but have played against him and have never had a problem defeating him. Pandora on the other hand gives me the Heeby Jeebies.

How did your opponent play Collodi? Also, what did your crew look like? the main thing that Collodi does well is have 4AP and a very powerful obey effect. Also, the ability to take a whole brace of the best 3/4 SS models in the game is incredibly powerful in GG2017. Pandora, while more than worth her weight in gold at killing/paralysing models, can't score most schemes with the reliability that Collodi can. She can demolish in the right scheme pool, but is inherently less flexible. She also has more bad match ups than Collodi.

4 hours ago, catbat07 said:

How did your opponent play Collodi? Also, what did your crew look like? the main thing that Collodi does well is have 4AP and a very powerful obey effect. Also, the ability to take a whole brace of the best 3/4 SS models in the game is incredibly powerful in GG2017. Pandora, while more than worth her weight in gold at killing/paralysing models, can't score most schemes with the reliability that Collodi can. She can demolish in the right scheme pool, but is inherently less flexible. She also has more bad match ups than Collodi.

When I've played against Collodi its generally been in Interference. And for the most part I've just taken out his crew with whatever I was using. I think I took a Titania crew both times and had things getting pulled into hungry land markers whilst Aeslin dropped a scheme marker in the midst of Collodi's crew and then put everything in 6" of it on -ves to cast. That kinda scuppered his crew. I could have just been lucky with the opponents I played at the times.

Pandora tends to have a few models in a bubble doing most of the killing / paralyzing whilst a few other models run off and do the schemes. Or spends more time stopping her opponent getting any points rather than scoring loads herself.

9 hours ago, feagaur said:

Pandora tends to have a few models in a bubble doing most of the killing / paralyzing whilst a few other models run off and do the schemes. Or spends more time stopping her opponent getting any points rather than scoring loads herself.

I can see how Pandora is a brilliant master, it's just that Collodi scores VP a lot better. Even if his crew has one-two more activations than you  (which it should), there is no way of denying Collodi his schemes. The 4AP with obeys and lots of difficult to kill models means that the opposing crew will often waste their AP killing your small models while you run away with the game. If played right, Collodi should not have less than eleven models on the board, the majority of which being effigies and marionettes. When you have a small model count crew facing him, it becomes incredibly hard to win the game. This is mainly because he walks a bunch of armour 1 defence 6 hard to kill models into your crew and goes defensive. Most big beaters will require two high cards from your hand to kill even one of these effigies. Because your opponent is draining their resources, it becomes incredibly easy to just run the other things around the outside and score schemes.

if you're not fighting a low model count crew or a crew which better handles armour and Htk, one must remember that Collodi is an incredibly flexible master. He will always have some way to cause a lot of pain, whether it be through a stitched/wicked doll combo, changelings and snipers, or just good 'ol pull the strings. In fact, pull the strings is not to be underestimated, as the ability to put 12 damage out at CA7, from afar, ignoring cover and handing slow/obeys out at the same time is priceless. People often pigeonhole Collodi into a support master, but in reality there's nothing he can't do. 

Collodi is definitely a difficult master to play, as getting caught up in killing or giving out conditions is very easy. In any given game the Collodi player must keep their eyes on VP, or they have no chance in hell. 

13 hours ago, katadder said:

Wow, Titania tier 4? I have been doing really well with her.

yeah, i forgot to give reasons..

my list, is create in basis of Lilith, and only for a tournament contest.

Only recently i understand well her potential, i can only add (to what other have already written here) besides, she make easily able to make any schemes and strategies in game.

She has a destructive potential superior to many other masters in the game.. I've seen more than once (and I'm not joking) (obviosly sure with a favorable card starting) kill the opponent's master in first turn.

I put Titania as Tier 4 , compared to her.. then i have no doubt that in gg2017 Titania go well. I've tried her different times, but i think she is cumbersome: you have to stay at 6 from enemies, you/and enemies have to stay near scheme markers etc. etc.
Yes she can do good damages but you have several things to plan first.

Furthermore (and also for this reason i'm not sure that Collodi stay well in second place) Titania imo, is highly dependent for some pieces the others, such as Collodi; Lilith doesn't have those problems, sure she works well with some pieces then others but she stay well with all nb pieces, she is indipendent. This guarantees her the possibility to choose truly brilliant pieces based on schemes and strat.

sorry for language mistakes