Boomstick

Dress Rehearsal - A Colette Guide for Stage Management

1 minute ago, retnab said:

I never take more than 1 of each, and TBH I'm more likely to take one Mannequin and Cassie instead for my speedy scheming needs.  Performers' Siren Call being a weaker Lure always makes me a bit sad, but they're not awful.

i mean yeah, but im more curious what do they do when people hire them. i've never even found it worth to hire mannequins so.

Mannequins have the crazy powerful ability to let nearby friendlies throw Scheme Markers around within 6", IMO that's the one reason you would hire them.  It's just the question of whether that's worth 4ss to you, and unless you're bringing more Performers their slow speed is probably going to make that a big nope unless the pool is REALLY scheme marker heavy.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Thottbot said:

what are peoples opinion on mannequins and performers? i find performers somewhat situational and mannequins are just .... i dont see worth to even hire them.

Don't mind me can be huge, so that is what I want from the performer. Or some poison tricks, although the paralysis trigger can win you games. Mannequin are more niche, so I only hire if I'm planning on wanting to throw scheme marker. 

• Agree 1

I often take one of each, as a performer tossing scheme markers out at 6" and popping enemy markers with seduction is amazing in scheme-y pools, the mannequin auto slows anything it hits, and most of the Performer's Can actions are pretty great for Cassandra to understudy.

I usually take a single performer to help push Colette around. Manipulative can be a card sink for your opponent. They can really benefit from Colette's upgrade to hand out free focus, as their Hairpin attack has a nice severe damage. 

Mannequins are a bit more niche. If your opponent has a hard time dealing with armor, they can be a real nightmare. Their ability to throw scheme markers was much better in GG 17 when you could throw a scheme marker right into the middle of an enemy crew for Detonate the Charges. 

Oiran are very expensive and very difficult to use. It can be fun to get unbeknownst off and make it so a single model can't attack anyone in your crew 🤣

Ice Dancers, funny enough, I tend to avoid in Colette crews. I feel as if it's pretty easy to deal out scheme marker's with Colette and I don't need a dedicated scheme runner. She also tends to be too fast for an otherwise pretty static crew. 

yep i guess the reason you take performers is for the lure and the blowing up of scheme markers. however cojo/carlos can also blow up scheme markers 

I haven't played Collette, but I occasionally bring performers (often in Ironsides). I really like Don't Mind Me, and an extra lure rarely hurts. They are definitely situational, but have their place

I Always bring 1 Performer in my Arcanist crew's.  The Lure isn't even the reason, it's the fact that you can discard scheme markers at range and the enemy models near it NEED to ensure they pass the duel or they'll most likely be wiped off the board because of those double negatives.  Then even if they do close into Melee range with the Performer, you have a Ml 6 attack that gives out lots of poison.  Oh, and if the Performer dies, a minion or showgirl within 2" gets reactivate.  Hell yea I'm bringing all of that for 5 stones.  

If you're playing Colette and she has to use her Death Defying trigger, sacrifice the Performer to give Colette reactivate. 😁

Mannequins in the other hand are worthless.  If you want to put out markers at range, use Practiced Production or a Union Miner.