Sign in to follow this  
bertmac

Models forcing simple duels.

Question

So if I take a simple duel forced by an enemy model e.g. fears given form, can I trigger a defence trigger like smoldering heart to give the enemy model burning?

5 answers to this question

I believe triggers are allowed against simple duels and the enemy model is the source of the duel so looks like a yes to me. Please quote the trigger, does the wording specifically say "attacking model" or something? Because the model isn't attacking you but riders can use their pseudo-armor to reduce.

Smoldering heart says attacking model, so it wouldn't work in that case, because no one is attacking you.

It does, however, raise the question whether Smoldering Heart would in the Horror Duel caused by Widow Weaver's Exhale Terror though...

2 hours ago, Myyrä said:

Smoldering heart says attacking model, so it wouldn't work in that case, because no one is attacking you.

It does, however, raise the question whether Smoldering Heart would in the Horror Duel caused by Widow Weaver's Exhale Terror though...

It still would not do anything because there's no Attacker and Defender for a simple duel.

After all, imagine the model with Smoldering Heart declaring an attack against a Terrifying model, and trying to declare its defensive trigger on the Horror duel.  The context becomes nonsense.

And it's not sufficient to say "That would be stupid to do" because of Obey and making enemy models do stupid things.  

2 minutes ago, solkan said:

It still would not do anything because there's no Attacker and Defender for a simple duel.

After all, imagine the model with Smoldering Heart declaring an attack against a Terrifying model, and trying to declare its defensive trigger on the Horror duel.  The context becomes nonsense.

There is an attacking model in that situation as well. You would just light yourself on fire if you declared the trigger.

...or we can just agree that the attacking model refers specifically to the attacker in the duel and not just in general. I don't really care either way. I'm just kinda bored.