Must-haves with Lucius

catbat07

So, fairly recently I picked up Lucius, as he is both my favourite master fluff and miniature wise. Having played several games with the secretary himself, it has come to my attention that I have little to no idea of what to bring with him. What do people generally take, and for what schemes and strats?

I usually take a doppelgänger. They can help you no matter the schemes and strats since they are both schemers and beaters as well as mimics to boot.

In survival pools like extraction I've had some success with Barbaros and the scribe. In other pools the primordial magic is great.

Because correct crew selection for the Scheme and strategies is imperative with Lucius(his main game being buffing his crew, burning his crew and using their activations) more so than many other masters I don't think he has a specific core.

I've found I've fallen into the trap of trying to make certain crew choices fit a pool their not suited to.

In order to correct that I now have 6 different presets with optional side boards.

The most common across them tend to be Queeg, Guild hounds and changelings.

Not because they are the back bone of lists but the most common sideboards.

My greatest success with infiltration has come from path finders, followed by hounds and queeg.

A crew I've had some success with uses a combination of queeg with Fae Knights and Rougarou.

My fancied up converted mimic focused ballroom crew has reached a point where I find ithat only suits a niche pool.

Where as my legion of constructs went down in a flaming heap and hasn't been retried since.

So what to add will depend on what you already have and which pools you want to run him with I.e where is he a better option than other masters.

In my opinion he will work well with a crew that focuses on swampfiends, Nephilim,  puppets or Fae with a mix of guardsmen and/or mimics brought in as required.

It's almost as though Lucius can run any other masters crew when the pool dictates that the minions should be the main work horse ...or when recover evidence is on the cards.

• Like 2

I've had fun times with the black blood shaman and 2x illuminated. First turn Lucius can easily get the shaman to give both illuminated black blood. Illuminated with black blood makes them really annoying to engage and be changed by them. Once they lock something in combat Lucius and the shaman can pulsate them.

• Like 1