Lenny, Lenny, Lenny...

daniello_s

Just tinkering around Lenny trying to justify taking him to the crew and I'm really struggling to fit him in any crew. Do you think that after errata he is slightly over-costed? Would dropping his cost a bit helped to field him more often or made him viable choice?

I think pre-errata he was hard to justify (except with Ophelia, who the errata targeted)

Cost isn't necessarily an issue. Lenny's problem is that the effort it takes to remove him relative to his impact makes focusing him down and getting him off the table before he can really do anything a no-brainer. At least with little key models like Sloppies & Old Cranky you can hide them behind bigger models and terrain, and bigger impactful models like McTavish and Gracie, they have enough defenses to stop them going down really easily.

Df4 & WP1 are pathetic, and HtW isn't as good as the defenses that other low-stat models tend to get (Terrifying for instance)

At a stone less... I see the same issue tbh. I think it's one of those situations where you can't strike a balance by just tweaking one axis.

• Like 3

I like Lenny but as @Dogmantrasays his biggest problem is he is so easy to kill. Combine this with how slow he is and he can be a liability in a lot of crews. 

I only bring him now in my Ulix crew where he can help throw summoned piglets forward turn 1 to start annoying the enemy. He then gets towed along by Gracie and the pair of them tend to punch their way through most models. If Lenny gets taken out it is less of an issue as Old Major can still provide :rams to Gracie. 

I only really use him with sommer to toss bayou gremlins forward as an alternative to the pigapault.  it can be tricky if quick murder is in the pool as he doesn't have much survivability.  He does have a place in that list despite his cost though particularly given his other buffs. 

He's key in my "Ludicrously expensive, one-shot first turn hate-look machine" setup, with Rami, Old Cranky, a Slop Hauler and Wong. Guarantees Rami his Dumb Luck, and mitigates 1 Damage :D

Otherwise, he's good with summoning Som'er, and for feeding the Pigapult, but I regard him as too slow for much else. And costly.

I stopped using him because he tends to die way to easily, which in turn made me stop depending on him, which made me wonder why he was in the crew in the first place. 

On top of that he is too slow and using him as a cheap pigapult will work only if the tossed targets place themselves in range and there is an open lane since it is a push

• Like 1

Honestly I have used him a decent amount but he is almost always paired up with Gracie and a saddle when I do.  It is a big point sink but it has done me wonders several times.  It is generally in a Somer list where I also have Francois so it has a lot of hitting power and some numbers as I can do a little summoning if I want to.  Generally my opponents have a bit of a crisis as they have three targets and are not sure what to sick on which one.  Some try for Gracie but find the extra damage migration from Lenny keeps her around long enough to heal up, others try to target Francois and tend up taking to much damage from Gracie and Lenny, and others have went for Lenny first but he survived just long enough for Francois or Gracie to take out a key model to make them pay for it.

That said I believe he is a model you have to build a list with, you cannot just add him to one as he has so many weak points to work around.  But he is useable at least.

Iron skeeters only work for ht1 models, but I keep forgetting the pig ladder. That is a great idea to make him more mobile.

I believe, as @EnternalVoid (not@Omenbringer , but I can't seem to delete this mention in mobile) just said, that you must build a list around it, kind of like with pigapult, otherwise his weaknesses are easily exploited

I've personally enjoyed him in my Bushwhacker list. He walks up them after they get their initiative 8' push, then his reduction makes them decent snipers. Their free shot when another gremlin misses a Sh usually hurts them too much to use, but Lenny makes it viable, especially with something who can combo with it to push across the entire board. Woot!

On 7/21/2017 at 3:59 AM, cfrag said:

Iron skeeters only work for ht1 models, but I keep forgetting the pig ladder. That is a great idea to make him more mobile.

I should have been clearer, I meant the Iron Skeeters add to the factions mobility in a general way not specifically for Lenny.

• Like 1