Stained glass windows?

Raisin

Sooooo the other day I was working on a tower made from Hirst blocks I've been casting, and I really thought it needed something extra to spruce it up.  And what could be better in castle ruins than stained glass windows?  

After a little bit of trial, error, and creativity, I came up with a method that works pretty darn well and is very much like frosted glass.  Both sides are reflective like glass and let plenty of light shine through.  However, the base is not completely transparent, in fact I could only use this method for stained glass with a frosted appearance (in my opinion) or with a lot of light colored space.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a method that would yield a more transparent result?  

19959199_1849868168373471_9017414717629692694_n.jpg

20031753_1849868068373481_5439866487762367613_n.jpg

• Like 2

the few times I've tried something like this I just used some clear plastic from a clam shell pack and painted straight on  it. (I would consider a fine lined permanent marker to simulate the leading). You want quite thin layers of paint, or tables with a good light source if you want them to truly look like stained glass. 

Tamiya, I believe is the name of the company, they make military models and paints, has a line of tinted clear coats that can be used on clear plastic canopies and windshields to provide a colored tint. You could try using those. I have never used them personally, but I have seen pictures of it used to great effect.

• 1 month later...