No Love for TTB Core?

spect_spidey

I am surprised to see that there is no discussion from people who went to Origins about the new core book. Or any discussion about TTB happening at all. I would of thought that at least a few people would have picked it up. I thought someone would have posted their thoughts, maybe a review of it, but I am not seeing anything on it. Is the amount of TTB players really that small? I can't wait to get my copy. It is the only thing holding me back from starting a game. I didn't want to start something if there were some significant changes to character creation or something.

5 hours ago, spect_spidey said:

I am surprised to see that there is no discussion from people who went to Origins about the new core book. Or any discussion about TTB happening at all. I would of thought that at least a few people would have picked it up. I thought someone would have posted their thoughts, maybe a review of it, but I am not seeing anything on it. Is the amount of TTB players really that small? I can't wait to get my copy. It is the only thing holding me back from starting a game. I didn't want to start something if there were some significant changes to character creation or something.

I already have all the major TTB books (FA, FMA, ITS, UQ, ITB) and I don't want to buy 2E just for revamped pursuits and some more lore.

5 hours ago, spect_spidey said:

Kinda shocked myself. Unfortunately, my Shinobi shopper at origins fell through. Looking forward to it. 

We only flew in a few cases for that show as they literally were done a day before it opened. I expect once it hits the wider population later this month that it'll get a bit of attention.

Quite proud of the book I must say, it's a beautiful hardbound stuffed full of lore, goodies and other little hidden treats. Certainly not a 'must have' for folks that don't want to jump up from their first edition books, but we made certain that there was plenty more in there other than just updated rules. Mason weaves a rather interesting tale when set loose. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sernus said:

I, for one, am dying to get my hands on it!

Me too! Also it would appear that we are not that far away from each other. I am in the Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City area of TN. About 90 miles away from you. We have a pretty nice community of Malifaux players here. There is currently about 15 or so of us. We just started having local tournaments in the last few months. The game is growing in our area. I even managed to get my wife into it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sycorax said:

I'm chomping at the bit for it to be honest. So much so that I attempted to get the day off work to go and buy it! It didn't work so now I'll have to wait a few days instead... :-(

I feel your pain. I have been waiting for this book since I first found out about it. I cannot wait to get it and start running it.